Check your account email address ×

***OFFICIAL*** 2023 arctic cat discussion thread!!!!!!

Rod

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

With the Trail mount it looks like it is built in and it is also up nice and high above the gauge so it is always in site. Quick disconnect so it can be taken off the sled for the theft proof feeling.

I'll have to check it out again, looked like an add on last time i saw 1. I use the next stage gauge on mine and love it. Cat should team up with him to build their factory stuff. Does so much more than just gps 

3 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I'll have to check it out again, looked like an add on last time i saw 1. I use the next stage gauge on mine and love it. Cat should team up with him to build their factory stuff. Does so much more than just gps 

Only problem with next stage is the wires stick out under the gauge and you have to remember to charge it up or it may or may not light up the gauge when you go on your next ride. I use a goggle bag and I dont think it would fit properly with that and I want my garmin to go with my Alterra 600 that I hope to have this coming summer. Probably January the way things are playing out though.

Edited by ZR6000RR

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Only problem with next stage is the wires stick out under the gauge and you have to remember to charge it up or it may or may not light up the gauge when you go on your next ride. I use a goggle bag and I dont think it would fit properly with that and I want my garmin to go with my Alterra 600 that I hope to have this coming summer. Probably January the way things are playing out though.

Mines never been off the sled and always fires up right away. Fits nicely with the windshield bag too. I agree it would be nice to be able to take it to another machine 

Just now, Cat45 said:

Mines never been off the sled and always fires up right away. Fits nicely with the windshield bag too. I agree it would be nice to be able to take it to another machine 

They both work. I have a buddy I ride with and half the time his wont turn on because of not charging but his is several years old. Happy Trails!

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

They both work. I have a buddy I ride with and half the time his wont turn on because of not charging but his is several years old. Happy Trails!

garmin units are sensitive to the cable.  I can't run the USB one on my nuvi i have to use the cig lighter usb adapted and the cig plug on it.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

garmin units are sensitive to the cable.  I can't run the USB one on my nuvi i have to use the cig lighter usb adapted and the cig plug on it.  

The Tread gets tied into the wires under the dash cover. Keeps the almost useless cig plug open for other things. Not sure what though. 

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

The Tread gets tied into the wires under the dash cover. Keeps the almost useless cig plug open for other things. Not sure what though. 

base treads too small IMO.   

i should have said above the 8" tread is what i want,  although the 7" overlander is priced better.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

base treads too small IMO.   

i should have said above the 8" tread is what i want,  although the 7" overlander is priced better.  

I have been using a Garmin 5" Garmin nuvi for years. Worked just fine for me. Cost to use for my money. The tread is a better value than the Poo gauge being able to use it on multiple different vehicles. That is what is important to me.

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I have been using a Garmin 5" Garmin nuvi for years. Worked just fine for me. Cost to use for my money. The tread is a better value than the Poo gauge being able to use it on multiple different vehicles. That is what is important to me.

the older and blinder i get the bigger screen i want.  I am running a 7" nuvi on both sled and wheeler.  for under a grand I will upgrade to the 8" treat but not at 1300.  Esp to get birdseye on it

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the older and blinder i get the bigger screen i want.  I am running a 7" nuvi on both sled and wheeler.  for under a grand I will upgrade to the 8" treat but not at 1300.  Esp to get birdseye on it

I had Lasik surgery and my close vision sucks but I have had no problems seeing the 5" Garmin. The Trail mount moves it further into the dash which is going to be even more of a benefit to me as the further back it is the better I see. 

Let's add more technology to sleds many of us could give two shits about to keep driving up the price and headaches, expensive and problems it will create down the road.

If I were Cat I'd put a big white faced round speedo/tach with a temp and fuel Gauge in it that is accurate and leave the PlayStation to the aftermarket guys. 

Some of you sound like teenage girls.

• Like 1

Let's add more technology to sleds many of us could give two shits about to keep driving up the price and headaches, expensive and problems it will create down the road.

If I were Cat I'd put a big white faced round speedo/tach with a temp and fuel Gauge in it that is accurate and leave the PlayStation to the aftermarket guys. 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Says the guy riding an antique 600 with worn out carbides on well marked trails in his home area. Some of us like to get off the trail and explore new areas. Gps is pretty usefull in those situations

Just now, Cat45 said:

Says the guy riding an antique 600 with worn out carbides on well marked trails in his home area. Some of us like to get off the trail and explore new areas. Gps is pretty usefull in those situations

Great, just don't make it standard equipment.  Same goes for electric start.  If some of you pussies can't pull start a 2S sled, wtf are you going to do if it tips over or gets stuck, call AAA with your gauge?  :lmao:

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Great, just don't make it standard equipment.  Same goes for electric start.  If some of you pussies can't pull start a 2S sled, wtf are you going to do if it tips over or gets stuck, call AAA with your gauge?  :lmao:

Don't they still make a lynx 570? That sounds like the perfect sled for you. Stripped down, nothing fancy o. It. Just needs a set of good shocks and your ready to go!

2 hours ago, Cat45 said:

Don't they still make a lynx 570? That sounds like the perfect sled for you. Stripped down, nothing fancy o. It. Just needs a set of good shocks and your ready to go!

Please tell me it has pogo sticks and a steering mounted fairing and windshield...