***OFFICIAL*** 2023 arctic cat discussion thread!!!!!!

Rod

Just now, Rigid1 said:

So you have to pull the kill switch, turn the key on, and push a button to start it??

If that's the case.. lolllzzz

No hitting the kill switch shuts everything down. I never used the key on my 20 and the key is in an awkward spot so I just left it on all the time 

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

Be fine if they have really cheap snow check prices again. I’d order another RR for $13,500 cdn. Was a big fan of that sled 

Need moar power and a chassis that can be ridden comfortably 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, ACE said:

Be fine if they have really cheap snow check prices again. I’d order another RR for $13,500 cdn. Was a big fan of that sled 

Unfortunately I don’t see that happening. 

16 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

So you have to pull the kill switch, turn the key on, and push a button to start it??

If that's the case.. lolllzzz

Seriously, you didn't know that?  At first, I thought you were kidding.

Yeah, it's kind of like starting an airplane.  I feel like I need a checklist.  We should probably set the brake and do a quick runup and control check, too.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Yeah, it's kind of like starting an airplane.  I feel like I need a checklist.  We should probably set the brake and do a quick runup and control check, too.

No legit, nobody rides cats around here, I think we have 5-6 dealers in the state, and besides krom all the dealers here hate cat

4 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

You can just leave the key on all the time.  The kill switch shuts it all down and hitting the start button fires it back up 

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Shocker!!! 

Too bad,,if they had 

2023 Alpha 2

NEW paint

PUSH button electric start

NEW INDUSTRY LEADING TWIN RAIL rear suspension

Cat owners would be bragging them up:lol::lol:

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

You can just leave the key on all the time.  The kill switch shuts it all down and hitting the start button fires it back up 

I realize that.  I do that most times, but not always.  Therein lies the need for a checklist.  One thing I didn't know was that the starter won't kick over unless the kill switch is in the on position.

Reminds me of the old timers on the fire department when I joined - their favorite ambulance was an old Dodge 3-speed on the tree, because if it wouldn't start right away they could run the ambulance down the street by cranking the starter until it finally fired.