Check your account email address ×

Christmas music

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

you are kinda of near hoonah ( spelling ) its where the browns family came from for that alaska show :bc: 

Had to look that one up. It's quite a bit south of me, not far Juneau. 5-600 miles by boat.

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

Had to look that one up. It's quite a bit south of me, not far Juneau. 5-600 miles by boat.

are you on super fast connection? or its kinda of painful slow? lol  a while ago someone was talking about only 31 Kbps connection near Nome area  now thats painful :lol: 

• Gold Member
55 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

are you on super fast connection? or its kinda of painful slow? lol  a while ago someone was talking about only 31 Kbps connection near Nome area  now thats painful :lol: 

In Seward I get LTE. In most villages these days it's actually pretty good...if you got GCI. Get out of the villages tho and it's zero zip natta.

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

In Seward I get LTE. In most villages these days it's actually pretty good...if you got GCI. Get out of the villages tho and it's zero zip natta.

does GCI wireless runs off AT&T backbone ?or Verizon ? or neither one ?

EDIT: This phone has an option for adding 2nd wireless provider I am sure loading up GCI prepaid data wireless would work if its not backed by VWZ or AT&T  so that's why I am asking if I do head up to Alaska :bc: 

EDIT # 2:  it looks like GCI is part of US Cellular company. 

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

does GCI wireless runs off AT&T backbone ?or Verizon ? or neither one ?

EDIT: This phone has an option for adding 2nd wireless provider I am sure loading up GCI prepaid data wireless would work if its not backed by VWZ or AT&T  so that's why I am asking if I do head up to Alaska :bc: 

EDIT # 2:  it looks like GCI is part of US Cellular company. 

I don't know who owns who but I know GCI uses the same tech as ATT and Verizon only works well in Anchorage and slightly in Nome. GCI is for sure the most reliable up here.

On 12/7/2021 at 1:34 AM, Kivalo said:

Yep, in Seward now headed to Kodiak in a few days. Then that big silver bird back home.  :bc:

Maybe you, me and Rigid1 can get together for a beer when you get back the the welfare state

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

Maybe you, me and Rigid1 can get together for a beer when you get back the the welfare state

Yeah man we gotta do some riding! Although I hear it supposed to be near 60° back home.

I still can't get through "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" in church without laughing to myself and hearing John Valby on the piano and his "Hark the Hair-Lipped Angels Sing" lyrics :lol: One of the funniest parodies of the song, ever!!   My youngest kid had their Christmas concert the other night, and that song was on the program.  My buddy, who used to have the Valby CD (Barnacle Bill and Big Ass Little, anyone?) sent me a text as the song started and said "Hark the Hair-Lipped" and I couldn't help but LOL (which my wife gave me the look, of course) 

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2021 at 6:23 PM, CFM said:

Little Drummer Boy by Joan Jett is decent

I like the non-live version by Bob Seager better. :bc:

Loved this show every Christmas as well.