Check your account email address ×

Asshole of the month.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, airflite1 said:

Minnesota, it's still fall sports, volleyball finishes up this weekend, then it will be State Football.

Yeah, we are still in fall sports too..

34 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Good lord, what a stupid thing to suggest. There's nothing wrong with showing good sportsmanship, win or lose.

I agree, and if any hockey coach displayed that type of behavior when my son played, he'd be tossed and would never coach again in our league. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Highschool basketball has not started yet here in NY either...First game isn't for a few weeks.. Where was the game spinner??

Wisconsin. I believe MS has been playing for 3 weeks in this area. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Wisconsin. I believe MS has been playing for 3 weeks in this area. 

Hmm, everything I see says season starts on the 22-25th for high school basketball..Cool story bro..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

Not a single score for highschool basketball in Wisconsin listed that's is of 2021..and as you can see lots of big point gaps, 18 points in basketball is nothing any coach would be pissed about..40 points is even a maybe..

https://scorestream.com/explore/r/wisconsin/high-school/basketball/scores

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I said middle school dumbass. 

Unless it's different than Minnesota, they'll start at the same time, The High School League is really strict, (they cover middle school also).

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Last weekend I was at a middle school basketball game. My friend coaches the boy’s team. It was a home game. My friend’s team lost the game by an 18 point spread. Not cool, but it happens. The opposing team’s coach refused to shake hands with any of the boys. He went to shake the first boy’s hand and threw his hand up in the air and walked away. My friend waited until all the boys were out of the gym and lost his shit on the guy. It was a bit over the top, but I understand how hot he was. My friend gets a call from the athletic director and receives a reprimand. So be it. I haven’t attended any school ball games for years. Between the parents being insane and the coaches setting a poor example, I’m a little blown away. 

Opposing coach is a dbag as is the AD. 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Always a shit show at these games.  Mostly by the parents but, for the record, I’ve never seen the need to line up and shake hands.  It’s idiotic and really only soothes those that don’t understand team sports.  It’s should be stopped at all levels.

I just knew somehow you’d have the shitty take here. :lol:

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I said middle school dumbass. 

Oh I didn't realize middle school does winter sports in the fall.. :thumbsup:

When daughter was playing ball seen some crazy parents!!

think she started at 5 and played till 20!!we played all year round!!

Had a state finals colledge game in worthington one year.our girls were underdogs and game was close.our girls one in final minutes and I thought they were going run us out of town!!

girls always shook hands at end of games but sometimes not willingly!!

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Opposing coach is a dbag as is the AD. 

I just knew somehow you’d have the shitty take here. :lol:

Shitty, but real.  That’s how life works. False gratifications are like false prophets.  Both promise salvation but never deliver.  

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh I didn't realize middle school does winter sports in the fall.. :thumbsup:

I am actually blushing for Spinner right now…who, at this point must be looking for his high school wrestling pics on google.  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Shitty, but real.  That’s how life works. False gratifications are like false prophets.  Both promise salvation but never deliver.  

I am actually blushing for Spinner right now…who, at this point must be looking for his high school wrestling pics on google.  :lol:

Hey if you want to pretend that being a sore loser is a virtue then go ahead. You sure you aren’t a liberal?

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Hey if you want to pretend that being a sore loser is a virtue then go ahead. You sure you aren’t a liberal?

Who said anything about being a sore loser?  Are you sure you don’t want to just call me a racist?

Libertarians.  Pffft.