Check your account email address ×

Cold weather covid spike?

3 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Oh ok ... i thought you wanted to shut down sports. 

Not really.  If we were going back to some type of shutdown,  I think they should start with sports and the big gatherings.  The reason I say this is that it will effect the media and the money they make vs small local businesses owned by middle class Americans

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Minnesota is getting hammered with new cases. 

Any of those the unvaccinated ? All I,m seeing up here is the vaccinated are starting to get weaker, and weaker, from a natural immune system, that has been fukked up by the shots.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Exactly, it has been treading up since around when SCHOOL STARTED.  How hard is this to figure out.  I say if we want to do anything, stop the sports again.  Do like we did last year and start with stopping the gatherings for sports and extra curricular activities and see what happens.

The problem is a lot of places are randomly testing (I know NYS is in school) covid IS NOT going away. We need to stop shutting things down. Vaccinated/unvaccinated spread it at the same rate and become infected at the same rate. If ppl are scared, get vaxxed and continue to mask but don't force that view on all. Have you looked at suicide rates? Ppl need socialization esp kids

46 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

@racer254

Or just acknowledge that everyone will get Covid sooner or later. It is inevitable. Vaccinated or not.  

If you have health risks then stay away from crowds and hope for the best. But sooner or later your gonna get it, and hopefully you recover. Only way we will move past this.

This this this 

11 minutes ago, irv said:

Yep, some good ole vitamin D and vitamin C+ zinc is a lot smarter move than getting any vaccines, imo. It's surprising we haven't been told this over and over again, just like exercise and diet?? I wonder why that is? :news:

Couldn't have said it better myself...

The above thoughts come from your friendly burned out NY Covid ICU RN..... 

I will say if you're older, obese, have diabetes, hypertension, or other cardiac issues a vaccine may be in your best interest. BUT I am completely against mandates everyone has to deal with their own choices and consequences

Edited by LE_07F8
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

What's wrong with the flu shot?  Not that I am worried about the flu...

Because it is a crap shoot, meaning you are having something injected into you that may do absolutely FA? Every year, as you likely know, they just pick a strain that "they think" might be the right one and jab it into your arm in hopes you don't get the flu.

Not saying everyone is the same nor not to get it, but my wife got it 2 yrs in a row and was severely ill both times, especially the one year where I wanted to take her to the hospital. It's been at least 5 yrs now since her last shot and not once has she had the flu, or even a bad cold for that matter.

11 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Not really.  If we were going back to some type of shutdown,  I think they should start with sports and the big gatherings.  The reason I say this is that it will effect the media and the money they make vs small local businesses owned by middle class Americans

Yea fuck shutting stuff down again. It's time to move on. 

11 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Any of those the unvaccinated ? All I,m seeing up here is the vaccinated are starting to get weaker, and weaker, from a natural immune system, that has been fukked up by the shots.

Yep, I am seeing the same things. More and more, each and everyday, of those fully vaccinated are coming down with covid anyways. I'm sure, like you are alluding to, it is going to be a bad flu season, and if they are truthful, (:lol:) the majority of those cases will be in the vaccinated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irv said:

Yep, I am seeing the same things. More and more, each and everyday, of those fully vaccinated are coming down with covid anyways. I'm sure, like you are alluding to, it is going to be a bad flu season, and if they are truthful, (:lol:) the majority of those cases will be in the vaccinated.

I'm going to explain this one from a medical point of view. Vaxxed/unvaxxed get/spread covid at the same rate. We are seeing far more ppl sick for a number of reasons. One is because we aren't masking and after almost 16 months of it, welcome back viruses including the common cold from hell. Telemedicine visits are fucking garbage, ppl need to be seen and BP taken/heart rate/labs/ect. So ppl haven't really kept up on their health because of this, fear, whatever and now it's all catching up with them.

The majority will be vaxxed because a lot of areas including mine have a 70%+ vaxx rate. Could the vaxx play into it, who the fuck knows, but working the ICU my gut feels it's more the above

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, irv said:

Good friend that is vaxxed just got the covi & was in bed for 3 days sicker than a dog. Feeling better now - as of yesterday anyway.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Literally or figuratively? Sounds like an interesting super power if the first.

43 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

They’ll all be dying soon. Undertaker’s delight. It’s all planned. 

31 minutes ago, irv said:

It’s happening on a global scale. The 4 billion people vaccinated are in big trouble. I heard that. 

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s happening on a global scale. The 4 billion people vaccinated are in big trouble. I heard that. 

So what is another shutdown going to accomplish?  You going to change your schedule at all?

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Are you going to be OK? I'm worried about ya! 

39 minutes ago, LE_07F8 said:

I'm going to explain this one from a medical point of view. Vaxxed/unvaxxed get/spread covid at the same rate. We are seeing far more ppl sick for a number of reasons. One is because we aren't masking and after almost 16 months of it, welcome back viruses including the common cold from hell. Telemedicine visits are fucking garbage, ppl need to be seen and BP taken/heart rate/labs/ect. So ppl haven't really kept up on their health because of this, fear, whatever and now it's all catching up with them.

The majority will be vaxxed because a lot of areas including mine have a 70%+ vaxx rate. Could the vaxx play into it, who the fuck knows, but working the ICU my gut feels it's more the above

Well, hopefully that is the case, but up here we still have mask mandates in place everywhere so I find it hard to believe that is the case with our increasing cases?

I do believe, and I'm one of them, that a Dr's. appt should be had in person, but, again, up here, they still want a Tele one unless it is something severe. 

I appreciate your input, point of view, however. :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

Is that the same place you got the bullshit information you started this thread over ? 

Actually no. No one was posting anything interesting, provocative, or worth responding to. So I decided to start what would become a multi page thread. You’re welcome. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Actually no. No one was posting anything interesting, provocative, or worth responding to. So I decided to start what would become a multi page thread. You’re welcome. 

Lol so you were attempting to spin and distract from the acctual current event results from last night . GOT IT 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol so you were attempting to spin and distract from the acctual current event results from last night . GOT IT 

No. I’m saying the threads that you start are shitty and go no where. 

2 hours ago, irv said:

Well, hopefully that is the case, but up here we still have mask mandates in place everywhere so I find it hard to believe that is the case with our increasing cases?

I do believe, and I'm one of them, that a Dr's. appt should be had in person, but, again, up here, they still want a Tele one unless it is something severe. 

I appreciate your input, point of view, however. :bc:

Ohh that's interesting if you're getting a lot of sick ppl with the mask mandate still in place. I stopped watching the news about 18 months ago so I don't keep up with much esp other areas covid stuff. 

I think everything should open, fuck vaxx mandates, let the cards lay where they fall. Yeah my fellow healthcare workers don't agree, but it isn't going away and the shutdowns and masks just further delay it making its way to flu like virus 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

They’ll all be dying soon. Undertaker’s delight. It’s all planned. 

Oh joy!!!! Can't wait. A sled couldn't kill me but hopefully the vaccine I was mandated to get or lose my job in the fucking covid ICU will :bashhead:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LE_07F8 said:

Ohh that's interesting if you're getting a lot of sick ppl with the mask mandate still in place. I stopped watching the news about 18 months ago so I don't keep up with much esp other areas covid stuff. 

I think everything should open, fuck vaxx mandates, let the cards lay where they fall. Yeah my fellow healthcare workers don't agree, but it isn't going away and the shutdowns and masks just further delay it making its way to flu like virus 

Exactly - Stop kicking the can down the road!

• Like 1