Check your account email address ×

Got some new headphones

1 hour ago, snatchslayer said:

For gaming and music...skullcandy hesh evo....pretty awesome . Better than my last sound logistics.  

I bought a set of those skull candy buds for riding in a pinch when I lost mine.  They worked surprisingly well.  Better than my expensive ones.  Great sound.  Great price.  What else is there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I bought a set of those skull candy buds for riding in a pinch when I lost mine.  They worked surprisingly well.  Better than my expensive ones.  Great sound.  Great price.  What else is there?

I have never liked buds . Can't even ride with them . 

I just have best buy jbl for the phone and computer . Got them on now lol

I had a set of bose that I broke . So I took them apart and fitted the speakers out of them in my trail helmet.  Work pretty good . Not as good as the headphones but good enough 

16359124907233030859982207360120.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Mine are over the ear. I hate putting shit in my ears lol

I'm not a headphone guy, but Nicole uses them a lot. She has tried several different ones over the past several years. She likes the V-Moda headphones the best so far folliwed by her AKG's.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Beats Studio Bluetooth Headphones…daughter gave them to me last Christmas…work great except when it drops below 32 degrees…kills the battery fast.

Nicole has a set of Beats too, but not sure which model. They all sound good to me, but see claims the V-Moda's sound the best out of the ones that she has :dunno:

5 hours ago, snatchslayer said:

Mine are over the ear. I hate putting shit in my ears lol

I do too but, it'd look weird putting over the ear headphones on my helmet.  People would stare.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Nicole has a set of Beats too, but not sure which model. They all sound good to me, but see claims the V-Moda's sound the best out of the ones that she has :dunno:

Trying to find a pair that stay planted in my ears when I put on the balaclava and helmet is the biggest challenge.  Nothing is more frustrating that listening to am radio like sound when one gets dislodged.  :wall:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, ckf said:

Right on….most sound good to me as well. I wish these damn IPhones still had an output jack so I could use good old corded headphones for those cold dog walking days.👍🏼🐶

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right on….most sound good to me as well. I wish these damn IPhones still had an output jack so I could use good old corded headphones for those cold dog walking days.👍🏼🐶

Just get a 3.5mm to lightening converter. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Bout $10. Order two though.  These fucking things have legs!

3.5mm Headphone Jack AUX Adapter Cable for iPhone 7/7Plus Support iOS 10.2

Haha…just like the Chargers in our house…seems to be worse when my kid is home.🤣👍🏼

I have a small battery/dac that I use with my ITE headphones.  If the battery dies I have an extension cable.  I travel all over the place though and the phones live in my head so it works really well.  Battery does last more than a day, but having a convenient backup is nice.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snatchslayer said:

For gaming and music...skullcandy hesh evo....pretty awesome . Better than my last sound logistics.  

i didn't like my skull candy Hesh

this is what i am running now

I run Powerbeats 2 when hiking/exercising

Set of pixel buds A with another on the way for day to day

Some cheap Chinese MPOW noise cancelling full headphones for on a plane that work remarkably well

• Like 1

I am a HUGE fan of these.  

https://alclair.com/

I don't ever pull out my big cans anymore and it is killer to swap from music to conference calls with such ridiculous quality. 

I designed and made some near field monitors for my office with a sub that have nearly 2k in parts in them and my alclairs are better for critical listening.  It isn't that the setup is bad, it's ridiculous but these are more so.  I am a bit nuts though as noise & vibration is what has paid my bills for a long time.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

I am a HUGE fan of these.  

https://alclair.com/

I don't ever pull out my big cans anymore and it is killer to swap from music to conference calls with such ridiculous quality. 

I designed and made some near field monitors for my office with a sub that have nearly 2k in parts in them and my alclairs are better for critical listening.  It isn't that the setup is bad, it's ridiculous but these are more so.  I am a bit nuts though as noise & vibration is what has paid my bills for a long time.

2400 bucks is a bit aggressive for somthing I am guernteed to loose or bust with in the yr 

They used to make a 2 driver unit for $249 that I see they replaced with a universal tip for $299.  I haven't heard those but would expect them to blow lots of things away.  I have the 6.  No reason to spend more IMO as that it is the diminishing return spot.  Some would say that even about the dual.  

Don't forget if you want wireless you have to add a dac as well.  The cheaper Fiio 1k for $40 or so is really a great buy.

...and you won't break them.  The cables are cheap and replaceable.  The rest analog and robust.

Edited by Deephaven