Check your account email address ×

The Wealthiest 10% of Americans Own A Record 89% of All U.S. Stocks *

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The industrialized production of crystal meth should be very troubling to everyone. It's why I took early retirement. This isn't our father's crystal meth. I think the only thing that'll move things into a positive direction is to attack the industrial size labs in Mexico. From the air and land. Border control is a joke. It will never work. 

Bit shocked to hear you say that but I've said for a long time if we are going to have a fight against drugs (dislike the phrase war on drugs) it must be against the Cartels and their production sites and everything else they own.   Problem is the American people and the world can't stand the collateral damage that is sure to occur no matter how many lives it saves here.  Its one of two things, go after it with out military or simply make them legal and make them here.

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Bit shocked to hear you say that but I've said for a long time if we are going to have a fight against drugs (dislike the phrase war on drugs) it must be against the Cartels and their production sites and everything else they own.   Problem is the American people and the world can't stand the collateral damage that is sure to occur no matter how many lives it saves here.  Its one of two things, go after it with out military or simply make them legal and make them here.

We no longer have “the stomach” to do anything that needs a correction.  Best to just turn the other cheek and complain about how some other factor is to blame.

Cartels must just laugh their asses off.  We are weak….and stupid.

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We no longer have “the stomach” to do anything that needs a correction.  Best to just turn the other cheek and complain about how some other factor is to blame.

Cartels must just laugh their asses off.  We are weak….and stupid.

Very true and never more evident than with human trafficking.   Yes a large % of the people (especially) children have some family here to go to but many, many don't.   What we are allowing at the border is sad and insane.  

Seen multiple migrants who said the cartels charge $8000 per person for passage.  Couple hundred thousand a month and that's some insane money coming in.  The more money they make the more influence they can buy rather thru bribes or terrorizing people.   

We lose to overdoses alone 1 to 1 1/2 times the people lost in the Vietnam war every year from drugs coming across the border of which some of the most deadly supply comes from China.  Add in crime, and destruction of others around the addicts and its immeasurable the damage drugs do in our society.  One big problem is the everyday user who uses part of daily life and I'm not talking about pot.  

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Very true and never more evident than with human trafficking.   Yes a large % of the people (especially) children have some family here to go to but many, many don't.   What we are allowing at the border is sad and insane.  

Seen multiple migrants who said the cartels charge $8000 per person for passage.  Couple hundred thousand a month and that's some insane money coming in.  The more money they make the more influence they can buy rather thru bribes or terrorizing people.   

Biden being elected was welcomed by the entire world who have made it a science to feed off the American people who have become amazing lethargic with their false altruistic ideologies.  

I’d rather have a POTUS and administration who the world leaders hate….but are forced to respect.  

Just now, Zambroski said:

Biden being elected was welcomed by the entire world who have made it a science to feed off the American people who have become amazing lethargic with their false altruistic ideologies.  

I’d rather have a POTUS and administration who the world leaders hate….but are forced to respect.  

Biden/democraps are simply bowing to the UN and WEF as their ideologies mesh.   

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The cartels have been the greatest threat to America in 70 years, far greater than any "radical muslim" threat has ever been. They chop off heads by the dozens there everyday and even the Mexican military wont fuck with certain figure heads. But nope, we havent done one meaningful thing about that, ever. Instead we throw Americans in jail for possession and endure tens of thousands of shootings each year spawned by drug turf violence. 

Has anyone ever asked why? Why we dont address the narco state on our southern border? Why we only focus on immigrants fleeing violence and tyranny? 

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Biden/democraps are simply bowing to the UN and WEF as their ideologies mesh.   

And anyone that votes for them is doing the same.  You don't see dems and liberals talking about patriotism like many conservatives do.

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

The cartels have been the greatest threat to America in 70 years, far greater than any "radical muslim" threat has ever been. They chop off heads by the dozens there everyday and even the Mexican military wont fuck with certain figure heads. But nope, we havent done one meaningful thing about that, ever. Instead we throw Americans in jail for possession and endure tens of thousands of shootings each year spawned by drug turf violence. 

Has anyone ever asked why? Why we dont address the narco state on our southern border? Why we only focus on immigrants fleeing violence and tyranny? 

I've always felt its because so many everyday American's are users and again I'm not just talking pot.  People don't like their own problems being pointed out to them and they surely don't want their supply chain interrupted.  Reality is drugs like so many other things in the US starts with the people, we just like to blame the elected officials after we've created the problem.

Immigration is the same thing.   Business wanted cheap labor and consumers wanted a cheaper product or someone to cut their lawns and scrub their toilets in the hotels so the room rates stayed cheaper.     

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I've always felt its because so many everyday American's are users and again I'm not just talking pot.  People don't like their own problems being pointed out to them and they surely don't want their supply chain interrupted.  Reality is drugs like so many other things in the US starts with the people, we just like to blame the elected officials after we've created the problem.

Immigration is the same thing.   Business wanted cheap labor and consumers wanted a cheaper product or someone to cut their lawns and scrub their toilets in the hotels so the room rates stayed cheaper.     

Well that and the $100 billion dollars that legit companies launder in the US for the cartels every year. Some have even been caught, but nobody even went to jail... weird

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well that and the $100 billion dollars that legit companies launder in the US for the cartels every year. Some have even been caught, but nobody even went to jail... weird

Drugs are big money.  I’d even wager that the drug cartels, through various other “legit” identities are some of DC’s biggest lobbyists.

The fact is, on top of us not having the stomach for cleaning it up, we have so much of our industries (employment) that rely on the drug problem.   Law enforcement is one but just one in the start of the chain.  Counseling, treatment, government “help” plans….etc.  all need addicts.

It’s like if we all decided to get skinny and healthy all of a sudden.  Healthcare, pharma, diet and  exercise industries would go under killing so many other industries depending on them.

If you cannot be part of the solution, there’s good money in prolonging the problem.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

The industrialized production of meth is no longer about kilos or pounds. It’s about tons. Drug interdiction at the border is a total joke. There isn’t a wall or border crossing that’s going stop it. The only way to limit supply is to destroy the mega labs. There’s going to be several problems that would be created by destroying those sites. Have to weigh out the downstream effects. For instance, when the American military targeted and killed Pablo Escobar, it had a number of disastrous downstream effects that made the entire drug production problem far worse. It’s not a easy issue to solve or mitigate. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Drugs are big money.  I’d even wager that the drug cartels, through various other “legit” identities are some of DC’s biggest lobbyists.

The fact is, on top of us not having the stomach for cleaning it up, we have so much of our industries (employment) that rely on the drug problem.   Law enforcement is one but just one in the start of the chain.  Counseling, treatment, government “help” plans….etc.  all need addicts.

It’s like if we all decided to get skinny and healthy all of a sudden.  Healthcare, pharma, diet and  exercise industries would go under killing so many other industries depending on them.

If you cannot be part of the solution, there’s good money in prolonging the problem.

Maybe the most well thought out post you ever made. Gud job!

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The industrialized production of meth is no longer about kilos or pounds. It’s about tons. Drug interdiction at the border is a total joke. There isn’t a wall or border crossing that’s going stop it. The only way to limit supply is to destroy the mega labs. There’s going to be several problems that would be created by destroying those sites. Have to weigh out the downstream effects. For instance, when the American military targeted and killed Pablo Escobar, it had a number of disastrous downstream effects that made the entire drug production production far worse. It’s not a easy issue to solve or mitigate. 

Agreed but it still starts with a market.   We are targeted by the cartels because we are users.  Lot's of disposable money that became worse as the credit markets went wild.

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The rate of addiction in society has always been a constant. 9-12%. The media cranks it up to make it look far worse. Alcohol remains the most destructive drug overall. But it’s snuggled in to society and isn’t going anywhere. Limiting meth production won’t cause a drop in available addicts. They’ll simply change drugs. That’s why meth use is on the rise. People are switching from narcotics to meth. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

Just now, Highmark said:

Agreed but it still starts with a market.   We are targeted because we are users.   

So, we should stop denying treatment to drug addled retards?  Maybe a drug overdose should start being an “oh well” moment.  Like when somebody dies drinking and driving.  Very few feel sad.  They are mostly happy they died before they killed anybody else.

How many chances do we get?  At what age are we expected to make smart decisions for ourselves, if not others?

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The rate of addiction in society has always been a constant. 9-12%. The media cranks it up to make it look far worse. Alcohol remains the most destructive drug overall. But it’s snuggled in to society and isn’t going anywhere. Limiting meth production won’t cause a drop in available addicts. They’ll simply change drugs. That’s why meth use is on the rise. People are switching from narcotics to meth. 

We’re all pretty tired of hearing about the poor addicts though.  

VVVVVVVV

Just now, Zambroski said:

So, we should stop denying treatment to drug addled retards?  Maybe a drug overdose should start being an “oh well” moment.  Like when somebody dies drinking and driving.  Very few feel sad.  They are mostly happy they died before they killed anybody else.

How many chances do we get?  At what age are we expected to make smart decisions for ourselves, if not others?

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Govt should not be paying for addicts.   Why do you think we have labeled addiction a disease?   So the govt can foot the bill thru Medicaid.

One of the worst things happening in this country is the evolution of the victim status or the growth of "it's not my/your fault for your actions."  Even success is painted as not someone's own doing.  

Look at COVID.....I hear nothing from the MSM or govt about doing things to improve your health naturally like eating less, exercise and taking vitamins.   Just get the shot and if you still get sick its the unvaccinated fault.  Biden is constantly saying this.    

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Govt should not be paying for addicts.   Why do you think we have labeled addiction a disease?   So the govt can foot the bill thru Medicaid.

One of the worst things happening in this country is the evolution of the victim status or the growth of "it's not my/your fault for your actions."  Even success is painted as not someone's own doing.  

Look at COVID.....I hear nothing from the MSM or govt about doing things to improve your health naturally like eating less, exercise and taking vitamins.   Just get the shot and if you still get sick its the unvaccinated fault.  Biden is constantly saying this.    

Right on.  Also, “Yes” was your answer.  :thumbsup:

Let’s just say, Two chances.  That’s one more than I’d like BUT, you get e second before you are thirty.  Past that age, poor decisions are a negative impact on society and pretty much proves those who make them at that age will continue to do so.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Right on.  Also, “Yes” was your answer.  :thumbsup:

Let’s just say, Two chances.  That’s one more than I’d like BUT, you get e second before you are thirty.  Past that age, poor decisions are a negative impact on society and pretty much proves those who make them at that age will continue to do so.

Go after the cartels full scale militarily or give the addicts the drugs for low cost or for free.   Many we already support them in every other aspect of their lives.  We can massively cut violence if we make drug access far easier.

We live 7 miles from any town.   My wife is there alone most days during the work week.   My ONLY fear for her safety is some tweeker robbing the place to get money for drugs.  

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Disability isn’t paid for addiction. 

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Disability isn’t paid for addiction. 

Not talking about disability thru SS.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/insurance-coverage/using-medicaid-to-pay-for-rehab

Medicaid can be an extremely useful method for paying for drug and alcohol treatment, including medication-assisted treatment (MAT), inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab, and more.

Does Medicaid Cover Rehab?

Yes, Medicaid does often cover rehab. While individual plans and benefits vary by provider and state, Medicaid accounted for 21% of the $24 billion that health insurance payers spent on substance use disorders (SUD) in 2009.4 Close to 12% of Medicaid recipients over the age of 18 have a substance use disorder.4

The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act was established to ensure that Americans with mental health issues and substance use disorders could receive the care they need by prohibiting discriminatory practices that could limit insurance coverage for behavioral health treatment.5 Federal guidelines now require Medicaid to comply with parity requirements and allow coverage for mental health and SUD to be no less restrictive than coverage that is available for other medical conditions.5

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Not talking about disability thru SS.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/insurance-coverage/using-medicaid-to-pay-for-rehab

Medicaid can be an extremely useful method for paying for drug and alcohol treatment, including medication-assisted treatment (MAT), inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab, and more.

I’d love to hear your solution.