Check your account email address ×

Gun Shop Owner Dies During CCW Class

This is the type of shit that makes me wonder about all these complete nitwits getting carry permits.  Honestly, I have a pretty strong mistrust in the average citizen carrying (or even holding) a fire arm in my presence.  In fact, after one  idiot showing off his new "toy" to me put a round through his closet floor and into his kitchen where my wife and his were talking over a glass of wine, somebody brandishing a weapon for "show and tell" no longer happens until I've cleared it properly. Just complete idiocy and lack of respect for a weapon.  

Hell, gun hunting season brings on all kinds of these idiot moves from "experienced" gun owners.  How do you shoot yourself in a deer stand?  By yourself?  How can you not identify a target well enough before you decide it's worth the shot?  WHAT?!?!  And then heading back to camp where the booze breaks out and all the shit talking stories will start going back to when everyone was serving in Special Forces when,  inexplicably, somebody takes one in the chest while gun cleaning "happy time" happens.  Good Grief, Charlie Brown!  These are the gun owners that scare me.  Not the terrorists, not the mass killers..they at least probably did some training to carry out their little deeds and respect the end of the weapon.  Remember that old saying about "if somebody mentions church, watch your wallet"?  Well, see that NRA sticker?....watch your back!  A round could be sent down range in any direction, at anytime!  Ooops.  

Oh, and notice the picture taken from the gun shop door.  Is it any wonder the AR is the Libs favorite calling card?  It's thrown in their face all day long.  Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. C'mon folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CBS/AP June 19, 2016, 12:34 PM

AMELIA, Ohio -- A gun store owner was killed during a concealed carry class at his store Saturday afternoon, according to the Clermont County Sheriff's Office. County officials called the death accidental.

A participant in a class at KayJay Gun Shop shot 64-year-old James E. Baker in the neck at the 12:44 p.m., according to Sheriff A.J. Rodenberg. The class consisted of about 10 students at the shop on Lindale Mt. Holly Road, deputies said.

Deputies initially called Aircare to the shop, but Baker was pronounced dead at the scene at 3:12 p.m.

kayjay-gun-shop.jpg

Edited by Zambroski

• Gold Member

Conceal carry classes just enable people to carry that shouldnt have guns.  All of a sudden they have a class, an ID, and a small gun and they feel the need to carry.

Im an advocate of carry with out class, an ID or special training.  It would eliminate alot of idiots from carrying as they wouldnt have an ID or advance training classes that  gives them confidence to carry.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Conceal carry classes just enable people to carry that shouldnt have guns.  All of a sudden they have a class, an ID, and a small gun and they feel the need to carry.

Im an advocate of carry with out class, an ID or special training.  It would eliminate alot of idiots from carrying as they wouldnt have an ID or advance training classes that  gives them confidence to carry.

:bc:  

I commented on this subject a tad last night.  All that permit really does is register you with the government and puts you on "the list".  I almost never carry but when I do feel it may be better to have (Craigslist buy/sells, road trips, etc).  It is loaded, one in the chamber and readily accessible.  And that, as they say, IS THAT!  I don't give a fuck about "permits" or laws stating I can't be ready to defend myself.  The officers can get the other side of the story from the one that was trying to violate by life....and he's dead, so...I'll take my ticket and pay my fine and keep living.  Thank you.

Now, going back to my fear that watching the "regular joe" with his shiny new "pop-gun" and "smells like new car holster" getting out of his vehicle while that loaded and cocked piece is getting tied up, in his clothing, the seat belt and banging on the door frame.  OFDA!  O.o

One if my good friends teaches concealed carry classes. He says it is frightening the retards that come through that class. He also said that God help anyone around if these retards start shooting.

6 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

There was a nitwit called n2oiroc that used to post here, couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag but man does he have the ammo and guns, he's living for that moment when he gets threatened LOL

Honestly, I really truly believe these are the types of people getting these permits.  Not all, but A LOT.  They are on these forums like the rest of the NRA pro-bangers bragging up their guns and ammo stashes for "the big day".  If they'd just shut the fuck up about it...it wouldn't be such a hot button.  Although, I can appreciate my "neighbor(s)" showing off his arsenal and where it all is kept so, if that time ever comes, I can go "plink" him off so I don't accidentally take one in the back, then, get his supplies.  He's not gonna be any type of asset he thinks he'll be anyway.  We'll call his early demise a contribution to the team posthumously.  :lol:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:bc:  

I commented on this subject a tad last night.  All that permit really does is register you with the government and puts you on "the list".  I almost never carry but when I do feel it may be better to have (Craigslist buy/sells, road trips, etc).  It is loaded, one in the chamber and readily accessible.  And that, as they say, IS THAT!  I don't give a fuck about "permits" or laws stating I can't be ready to defend myself.  The officers can get the other side of the story from the one that was trying to violate by life....and he's dead, so...I'll take my ticket and pay my fine and keep living.  Thank you.

Now, going back to my fear that watching the "regular joe" with his shiny new "pop-gun" and "smells like new car holster" getting out of his vehicle while that loaded and cocked piece is getting tied up, in his clothing, the seat belt and banging on the door frame.  OFDA!  O.o

I agree, that CCW permit only puts a tag on you.

Carrying a gun is a pain in the ass, it's easier to just avoid a situation where a gun fight might be possible.

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

One if my good friends teaches concealed carry classes. He says it is frightening the retards that come through that class. He also said that God help anyone around if these retards start shooting.

I know!  Hell, if that situation arises where "Joe" is having to "make a draw", one of us onlookers should take him out first and save countless innocent lives. Hell, there's a good chance he won't be able to remember how the safety works anyways...then when he does get un-fucked, he'll probably just fire one up into his chin.  Maybe we should all just take some cover and watch.

Another issue with all of these John Wayne types with cc is if shooting starts and the cops show up they don't know who the bad guys are. Here you have a gun to protect your life and end up getting shot by the cops. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Another issue with all of these John Wayne types with cc is if shooting starts and the cops show up they don't know who the bad guys are. Here you have a gun to protect your life and end up getting shot by the cops. 

That happens frequently???

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its no different than a drivers license .....half the morons on the fucking road have no business operating a motor vehicle

You got that right.  That's why I don't have any motorcycles anymore 

28 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That happens frequently???

No , its never happened before.......but Analer lives in Chicago where fucking bullets are spraying around non stop all the time so it could theoretically happen :lol:

19 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

You got that right.  That's why I don't have any motorcycles anymore 

exactly ....i would never own a bike.....If I didnt kill myself someone else would get me for sure

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No , its never happened before.......but Analer lives in Chicago where fucking bullets are spraying around non stop all the time so it could theoretically happen :lol:

Happens all the time. Cops shoot innocent people all the time. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

cops have never accidentally shot a CC permit holder who was returning fire on a bad guy Analer .....quit fucking making shit up or we'll start calling you momo

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

cops have never accidentally shot a CC permit holder who was returning fire on a bad guy Analer .....quit fucking making shit up or we'll start calling you momo

Never?

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, Anler said:

CC holders?  Havent heard of a CC holder fucking blazing away and 5 minutes later when the cops show up there is still a gun battle blazing away and cops move in a fill everybody up with lead

cop shoot innocent people...  Typically they are black and running.  Unlikely the innocent shot are CC involved in an active gun battle cause CC holders arent black and running away.

Edited by BOHICA

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I seen it in a movie so it must be true!

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Well that settles that I guess...

If you are gonna go off on a subject you better give an example of it happening. All the time means you better give a few examples 

We had a pretty decent group, but I will say one woman should of never gotten a permit.

I wouldn't of trusted her to carry my beer much less a pistol.

I honestly felt like saying something to the instructor. Not sure if she passed or not , but based on her lack of common sense, I would have denied her.

Hardly ever carry , mostly because if I'm out, I'm usually going to have a couple drinks.

Never on my person, in my truck if we are heading up north or downtown.

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

This is the type of shit that makes me wonder about all these complete nitwits getting carry permits.  Honestly, I have a pretty strong mistrust in the average citizen carrying (or even holding) a fire arm in my presence.  In fact, after one  idiot showing off his new "toy" to me put a round through his closet floor and into his kitchen where my wife and his were talking over a glass of wine, somebody brandishing a weapon for "show and tell" no longer happens until I've cleared it properly. Just complete idiocy and lack of respect for a weapon.  

Hell, gun hunting season brings on all kinds of these idiot moves from "experienced" gun owners.  How do you shoot yourself in a deer stand?  By yourself?  How can you not identify a target well enough before you decide it's worth the shot?  WHAT?!?!  And then heading back to camp where the booze breaks out and all the shit talking stories will start going back to when everyone was serving in Special Forces when,  inexplicably, somebody takes one in the chest while gun cleaning "happy time" happens.  Good Grief, Charlie Brown!  These are the gun owners that scare me.  Not the terrorists, not the mass killers..they at least probably did some training to carry out their little deeds and respect the end of the weapon.  Remember that old saying about "if somebody mentions church, watch your wallet"?  Well, see that NRA sticker?....watch your back!  A round could be sent down range in any direction, at anytime!  Ooops.  

Oh, and notice the picture taken from the gun shop door.  Is it any wonder the AR is the Libs favorite calling card?  It's thrown in their face all day long.  Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. C'mon folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CBS/AP June 19, 2016, 12:34 PM

AMELIA, Ohio -- A gun store owner was killed during a concealed carry class at his store Saturday afternoon, according to the Clermont County Sheriff's Office. County officials called the death accidental.

A participant in a class at KayJay Gun Shop shot 64-year-old James E. Baker in the neck at the 12:44 p.m., according to Sheriff A.J. Rodenberg. The class consisted of about 10 students at the shop on Lindale Mt. Holly Road, deputies said.

Deputies initially called Aircare to the shop, but Baker was pronounced dead at the scene at 3:12 p.m.

kayjay-gun-shop.jpg

We agree on this. Just stop by Cabelas and watch the idiots swing the muzzle around or watch a guy scope a crosshairs on a shopper across the store. Fuckin nit wits.

a 8 hour gun safety class should be federally mandated in this country. Toss in a common sense test too.