Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 4/19/2020 at 11:35 AM, ckf said:

Hearing rumblings of Nascar returning without fans in Charlotte on Memorial Day weekend. 

Seems to be the rumor around most sports. MLB and NBA are going that way. Its going to be a while before they let fans sit a 1/4 inch apart.

Ryan Newman says he will be driving the No 6 Ford when NASCAR resumes

Ryan Newman made an appearance on Fox’s broadcast of the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational at Talladega Superspeedway on Sunday. Talking to Mike Joy, Newman says he is healthy and ready to get back in the racecar when NASCAR resumes.

Newman suffered a head injury in an accident on the final lap of the Daytona 500. He missed the next three races until NASCAR’s season was put on hold. Ross Chastain drove the No.6 in Newman’s absence.

For more info on Newman’s accident, see our earlier story.

AND: NASCAR Statement: "We share Ryan’s enthusiasm in his return to the track. We look forward to Ryan returning to racing as soon as he is medically cleared to race."

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ckf said:

Rob's brother just posted on FB the Kenseth is in the 42 car for the rest of the season. 

No kidding...good choice! 

• Like 1

https://kickinthetires.net/news/kyle-larson-lists-two-mooresville-homes-at-6-249-million-combined/

New listings in the real estate database, which were crossed-checked with Iredell County tax records, confirm Kyle Larson has listed his current home for sale at $1.25 million, as well as, the home he was having built on the lake at a price of $4.999 million.

Larson, who owns Kyle Larson Racing and fields cars on the World of Outlaws, was also suspended from that racing series but has been invited to race in the Knoxville race on May 8.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

https://kickinthetires.net/news/kyle-larson-lists-two-mooresville-homes-at-6-249-million-combined/

New listings in the real estate database, which were crossed-checked with Iredell County tax records, confirm Kyle Larson has listed his current home for sale at $1.25 million, as well as, the home he was having built on the lake at a price of $4.999 million.

Larson, who owns Kyle Larson Racing and fields cars on the World of Outlaws, was also suspended from that racing series but has been invited to race in the Knoxville race on May 8.

Maybe not the best word to use but what a massive overreaction by everybody.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Maybe not the best word to use but what a massive overreaction by everybody.

AGREED. Unfortunately that's the world that we live in now :(

45 minutes ago, ckf said:

I can't wait for some real live on track racing. One piece of the puzzle to getting back to the new normal.   :bc:

i watched some a month ago,  production value was poor but how can you not root for Cleetus.  this is real stock car racing-  a harness and a nitrous bottle in a surplus crown vic

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ckf said:

I can't wait for some real live on track racing. One piece of the puzzle to getting back to the new normal.   :bc:

There are some dirt tracks in Iowa that are probably going to run a couple shows soon.  Talking about loading up the hauler and heading down there.

6 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i watched some a month ago,  production value was poor but how can you not root for Cleetus.  this is real stock car racing-  a harness and a nitrous bottle in a surplus crown vic

Cleetus FTW!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

There are some dirt tracks in Iowa that are probably going to run a couple shows soon.  Talking about loading up the hauler and heading down there.

Cleetus FTW!

the rebuild of the freedom factory is so cool to watch,  who would have thought i'd watch videos of laying sod and pouring a 42k sf burnout pad but i look forward to every one.   I was originally suppossed to go to FL the weekend he had an event at the dragstrip next door but with things shutting down i went down early to grab my car.   

32 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the rebuild of the freedom factory is so cool to watch,  who would have thought i'd watch videos of laying sod and pouring a 42k sf burnout pad but i look forward to every one.   I was originally suppossed to go to FL the weekend he had an event at the dragstrip next door but with things shutting down i went down early to grab my car.   

It kind of wants me to pursue a business idea I've had for the last half dozen or so years, but I don't want the headache or liability.  

“I give ‘em the whole bottom lane and he knocked the shit out of us”....that was some good racing.

With NASCAR scheduled to return on May 17 at Darlington Raceway, the planned conclusion of NASCAR’s iRacing season will take place this week, with events held on a virtual North Wilkesboro Speedway and Martinsville Speedway.

The planned finale of the eNASCAR Pro Invitational iRacing Series will occur at 3 p.m. ET Saturday at North Wilkesboro on Fox and FS1.

Among the initial 28 entries is Jeff Gordon, who won the final Cup Series race there in 1996. Not among the entered drivers is William Byron, who has won three of the six Invitational races so far. Also, Matt DiBenedetto has been replaced in the No. 21 car by Jon Wood, the member of the Wood family who once competed in the Xfinity and Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series.

Gordon will be joined in the race by fellow NASCAR Hall of Famer Bobby Labonte. They are the only two entries in the race who competed in Cup races on the real North Wilkesboro.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/05/06/jeff-gordon-dale-jr-bobby-labonte-william-byron-north-wilkesboro-nascar-iracing-entry-lists/

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

With NASCAR scheduled to return on May 17 at Darlington Raceway, the planned conclusion of NASCAR’s iRacing season will take place this week, with events held on a virtual North Wilkesboro Speedway and Martinsville Speedway.

The planned finale of the eNASCAR Pro Invitational iRacing Series will occur at 3 p.m. ET Saturday at North Wilkesboro on Fox and FS1.

Among the initial 28 entries is Jeff Gordon, who won the final Cup Series race there in 1996. Not among the entered drivers is William Byron, who has won three of the six Invitational races so far. Also, Matt DiBenedetto has been replaced in the No. 21 car by Jon Wood, the member of the Wood family who once competed in the Xfinity and Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series.

Gordon will be joined in the race by fellow NASCAR Hall of Famer Bobby Labonte. They are the only two entries in the race who competed in Cup races on the real North Wilkesboro.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/05/06/jeff-gordon-dale-jr-bobby-labonte-william-byron-north-wilkesboro-nascar-iracing-entry-lists/

We were in the area one time when cup was still running at North Wilkesboro.  They were sold out so we didn't get the chance to go.  We ended up listening to it on the radio instead  :( For some reason Robert Pressly comes to my mind about that race. 

• Like 1