Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, ckf said:

Anyone try watching the virtual race last week? I tried but couldn't get in to it.

No I didn't...are they doing more? 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

No I didn't...are they doing more? 

Yes, there are going to run a series.  Best part was Bowyer.  He was doing commentary while racing. He only had a week to practice while other guys have done it for years.  

• Like 1

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2020/03/24/fox-sports-air-complete-enascar-iracing-pro-invitational-series/

Last Sunday, NASCAR, iRacing and FOX Sports teamed up to deliver the first-ever eNASCAR iRacing Pro invitational Series event. Today, FOX Sports is committing to coverage of the remainder of the season, beginning Sunday, March 29, at 1:00 PM ET live from virtual Texas Motor Speedway. Entitled FOX NASCAR iRACING, the races will be simulcast on the FOX broadcast network*, FS1 and the FOX Sports app. Races will be available in Canada through FOX Sports Racing.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Anyone try watching the virtual race last week? I tried but couldn't get in to it.

I never heard about it until yesterday when I was listening to Nascar on SiriusXM.

Sounds pretty cool.

Jimmie Johnson to compete in IndyCar iRacing event this weekend

Jimmie Johnson announced, via tweet, Friday morning that he will compete in Saturday’s IndyCar iRacing race from virtual Watkins Glen International.

The race begins at 4:00pm/et and will be available through the IndyCar website, YouTube, Facebook, iRacing’s Twitch channel.

7 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

This video made me want to watch it live if they keep going with it.

I bet they continue. It doesn't really cost them anything compared to putting on a real race.

Nielsen viewership data on eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series from Homestead

According to Nielsen viewership data in the U.S. on the Fox Sports 1 broadcast:

• An average of 638,000 homes and 903,000 viewers (P2+) tuned in to the race, making it the most watched linear esports broadcast in history.
  • 1.6 million unique viewers P2+ watched the broadcast for at least six minutes.
  • These viewers tuned in for an average of 59.42 minutes, more than half of the 112-minute broadcast.
  • The broadcast also exposed NASCAR to new viewers, bringing in 255,000 viewers who hadn’t yet watched a NASCAR Cup Series race in 2020.

Beyond broad television viewership, there was also significant social buzz during the race. According to Nielsen Social Content Ratings data:

• The March 22 virtual race was the most social TV program of the day on Twitter, generating 217,300 interactions and 912,500 video views.
  • NASCAR drivers had a commanding presence during the televised race, accounting for nearly half (49%) of all owned Twitter engagement (across NASCAR, team, driver and media profiles) around the iRacing Pro Invitational Series broadcast, a much larger share than during live NASCAR Cup Series races.

"Esports and virtual sports competitions represent promising new opportunities for traditional sport leagues and teams to engage their core fans while also delivering value to sponsors," said Jessica Forrest, Group Vice President at Nielsen Sports. "During a time when traditional live sports are at a standstill, NASCAR is one of the few sports whose athletes can still actively compete by doing what they do best-race. And the success of last weekend’s iRacing debut on live television demonstrates that sports fans are ready to consume sports in new, innovative ways."

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

The e racing would be more interesting if there was some sort of pool. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's a shame Stinker had to go all rogue around here....he used to really like this thread. 

Good point...maybe Andrew will do something.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good point...maybe Andrew will do something.

That would be fun.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's a shame Stinker had to go all rogue around here....he used to really like this thread. 

Yup, we used to have a lot of fun is this thread. The guy loathed you so much he went bat shit crazy on his way out the door.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

That would be fun.

Yup, we used to have a lot of fun is this thread. The guy loathed you so much he went bat shit crazy on his way out the door.

And it was over nothing....strange.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

It was strange. It's like his inner asshole was just dying to get out.

:lmao:

Ya know.....if more people smoked herb we wouldn't have these problems. He would be a prime candidate  :lol: