Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Could it be the JJ retirement tour 2019?

Hendrick talking to Lowe's about possible return in limited role

Hendrick Motorsports is continuing to try to find sponsorship for its No. 48 Chevy driven by Jimmie Johnson next season, and there are signs emerging that the team has a couple worthwhile leads that are developing.

Lowe's announced earlier this year that it would leave HMS and NASCAR as a sport after this season, but sources said that HMS has re-engaged Lowe's on the possibility of returning next year on a partial basis. Sources said the move to re-engage Lowe's came, at least in part, because the home-improvement retailer has seen a host of exec changes in recent months in areas including marketing. Some of the new execs are said to be more favorable to sports marketing or motorsports than their predecessors.

It is unclear how far along talks are with Lowe's, which is represented by GMR Marketing, or whether it will lead to any sponsorship.

Lowe's expiring, season-long deal with HMS was thought to be worth at least $20M, but HMS' rates for '19 were unclear. Meanwhile, sources said that HMS has at least one other separate lead for the No. 48 that is far enough along that it involved a meeting this week at HMS HQ.

• Thanks 1

There have been rumors since early last year about J.J. future.   I would think that Hendrick will make a crew chief change on the # 48 after this years chase results. The wins and top 10's have been hard to come by.   Jeff Gordon will also have a weighted say about the driver.

5 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

There have been rumors since early last year about J.J. future.   I would think that Hendrick will make a crew chief change on the # 48 after this years chase results. The wins and top 10's have been hard to come by.   Jeff Gordon will also have a weighted say about the driver.

1 win for hendrick this yr....its the car. Not the teams.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I was following this story some once I saw it on Twitter....young Caleb knew he wasn't going to make it and being such a huge race fan he wanted his casket covered in stickers so racers, crews, etc.....obliged him...RIP young man.

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was following this story some once I saw it on Twitter....young Caleb knew he wasn't going to make it and being such a huge race fan he wanted his casket covered in stickers so racers, crews, etc.....obliged him...RIP young man.

Sad story. No 11 year old should be designing his casket. At least he got his wish. RIP