Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So basically 2 or 3 teams control everything in NASCAR....where does Penske get their engines? 

Shame we'll never see another Alan Kulwicki. 

Roush Yates.

Don't forget about Ricky Rudd!

Edit, probably not RY.  Just looked at the article date - 2012.  FML.

Edited by racinfarmer

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Roush Yates.

Don't forget about Ricky Rudd!

Edit, probably not RY.  Just looked at the article date - 2012.  FML.

The Rooster was good....hard to believe that Kulwicki won a championship.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So basically 2 or 3 teams control everything in NASCAR....where does Penske get their engines? 

Shame we'll never see another Alan Kulwicki. 

Thought they had a alliance with Yates ??  Maybe in house ??  Sad  that francecar  will never ever have a productive single car team / owner , Kulwicki , Marcis , D. Walltrip , Ricky Rudd or the Bodines , those days are sadly gone in most of all  motorsports , but drag racing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Thought they had a alliance with Yates ??  Maybe in house ??  Sad  that francecar  will never ever have a productive single car team / owner , Kulwicki , Marcis , D. Walltrip , Ricky Rudd or the Bodines , those days are sadly gone in most of all  motorsports , but drag racing

Short track/dirt track and regional series have many great family run and/or single car teams still.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Short track/dirt track and regional series have many great family run and/or single car teams still.

They Sure Do !!  Most of the dirt tracks in Michigan are done for the season. Drivers made the trek to Boon Iowa  for some action / cash.

2 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

They Sure Do !!  Most of the dirt tracks in Michigan are done for the season. Drivers made the trek to Boon Iowa  for some action / cash.

Only one weekend of racing left for the year here.  Put up some for sale signs after that.  

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Have a track by you that run a INEX Legends car, or Legends class in general?  I'd spend a bit more money and get one of those instead.  

Nearest track that runs Legends is 2 hours away. I've seen a couple for sale in the $6000-8000 range.

The most popular divisions for cheap cars seems to be Mini stocks, Bone stocks or Pure stocks. I'm not sure on the differences but 3 tracks within 1.5 hours run those and they are for sale for $1500-5000. There seems to be plenty of them around.

A Pro4 was not on my radar but.......the guy selling it is a die hard and lives 5 minutes from my house. He's available for advise and parts. Between Him and his son they currently have 8 complete cars and 4 parts cars. Also, the track is only 45 minutes away.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm  joking around but apparently he isn't...no problem here just ignoring him. 

I hear ya. Sometimes it's hard to tell. I usually just join in the fun and give it right back.

:dave:

:lmao:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Nearest track that runs Legends is 2 hours away. I've seen a couple for sale in the $6000-8000 range.

The most popular divisions for cheap cars seems to be Mini stocks, Bone stocks or Pure stocks. I'm not sure on the differences but 3 tracks within 1.5 hours run those and they are for sale for $1500-5000. There seems to be plenty of them around.

A Pro4 was not on my radar but.......the guy selling it is a die hard and lives 5 minutes from my house. He's available for advise and parts. Between Him and his son they currently have 8 complete cars and 4 parts cars. Also, the track is only 45 minutes away.

Classes like Legends always have surprised me that they don't take off more.  We had 3 of them at one time.  They are easy to work on, reliable, and affordable.  Plus, the rules are consistent.  We'd seriously maybe spend 30 minutes to a hour going over the car between races if shit wasn't torn up.  And the racing is almost always close if you can draw decent numbers for the class.

15 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm  joking around but apparently he isn't...no problem here just ignoring him. 

Your acting like you do with the others you have issues with...hard to tell you were joking.

13 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

4th for the week...finally.

Nice.

i was 69th. Would have scored better not picking........lol

i think you got more than 52 points on me now.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Your acting like you do with the others you have issues with...hard to tell you were joking.

Here's how I see it Dave. I don't get in to the politics so I don't really see Jim acting any different in here than he normally does. There are a few threads on this site that I think we all try to keep the politics side of this site out of, this is one of them. Hell, if it wasn't for these type of threads I wouldn't even bother coming here very often. Yes Dave, I know I'm always wearing rose-colored glasses :lol:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Here's how I see it Dave. I don't get in to the politics so I don't really see Jim acting any different in here than he normally does. There are a few threads on this site that I think we all try to keep the politics side of this site out of, this is one of them. Hell, if it wasn't for these type of threads I wouldn't even bother coming here very often. Yes Dave, I know I'm always wearing rose-colored glasses :lol:

Fair enough. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Nice.

i was 69th. Would have scored better not picking........lol

i think you got more than 52 points on me now.

I’m up to 41st but that could all disappear next week! :lol:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

9th for the week. I think I gained about 35 points on your dad this week, 120 back now.

I gained 35 points to 1st place. I don't think your dad was leading last week.