Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

37 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

For you sprint car fans, it is unfortunate to post this, but Greg Hodnett lost his life in a wreck this evening in New York.  

Sucks.

Im going to a Sprint car race Saturday. A memorial race for a guy that died in a sprint car there. Same place Jason Johnson died.

When are they going to fix those fuckin cars?!?!

1 minute ago, Legend said:

Sucks.

Im going to a Sprint car race Saturday. A memorial race for a guy that died in a sprint car there. Same place Jason Johnson died.

When are they going to fix those fuckin cars?!?!

From what I'm reading, this one is probably more of a track issue.  Sounds like the steering broke and he went head on or broadside into the pit entrance wall.  

One of the things that really gets to me about a lot of racing is the safety, whether it is at the track or in the car.  

16 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

From what I'm reading, this one is probably more of a track issue.  Sounds like the steering broke and he went head on or broadside into the pit entrance wall.  

One of the things that really gets to me about a lot of racing is the safety, whether it is at the track or in the car.  

Sprint cars havent changed much over the yrs...the winged ones are safer imo.

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Yeah they need to have a bigger "crush zone" above the drivers head. Same for midgets. Though I have recently seen a little different design on the halo of some cars, but imo it should be more.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I think quite a bit has changed in terms of safety, but a lot needs to still be done.

Remember Open Wheel magazine?  Their Fallen Racer Corner or whatever they called it was pretty much a driver a week from March until October in the 90's.

Edited by racinfarmer

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I think quite a bit has changed in terms of safety, but a lot needs to still be done.

Remember Open Wheel magazine?  Their Fallen Racer Corner or whatever they called it was pretty much a driver a week from March until October in the 90's.

What?

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

What?

Taller, wider, more enclosed cockpits, better driver restraint, limits to what some parts are made of, etc.  

Like I said, there was a time, not that long ago, it was pretty much a driver a week was loosing their life in a sprint or midget.  

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Taller, wider, more enclosed cockpits, better driver restraint, limits to what some parts are made of, etc.  

Like I said, there was a time, not that long ago, it was pretty much a driver a week was loosing their life in a sprint or midget.  

yeah, and with little or no internet we just didnt hear about it like we do now too, i guess. I mean the seats alone had to be a huge improvement on the death and injuries to drivers in these cars.

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Smh...just doing laps again ffs.

3 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Sadly , yes.

Ahhhh that sucks.

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, DAVE said:

The fix is in!!!

:lol:

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Need a post race tech inspection on that 88 car.

You two stop that talk!!!  😂😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

It would have been a good story if the 88 could have pulled it off.

Dam cautions....he wasnt gonna fight to hard once he lost the lead...no need to cause a wreck.