Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, hwytohell said:

They say , that Richmond  and Gant had more tail , plus  hotel - motel room numbers than any of the drivers.   :bc:

Harry Gant? No Shit...I never would have guessed! :lol:

NASCAR still waiting on Monster's sponsorship decision

Six month ago executives from NASCAR and Monster spoke positively about their still new and developing relationship that saw the energy drink maker take over entitlement sponsorship duties from Sprint, which had the role since 2004. Both sides were optimistic Monster would exercise a two-year option and remain in the role through 2020, with a decision needed by December.

But in the months since the bloom has fallen off the rose to some degree and behind the scenes there isn't as much enthusiasm Monster will re-up its deal. In fact, Monster not only asked for an extension of the December deadline - until just after the first of the year - but also asked for a second extension until the spring, multiple industry sources told SB Nation. NASCAR granted both requests, though has quietly begun identifying new and potential replacements in case Monster doesn't renew.

Although Monster has its share of critics who feel more could be done related to television buys and at-track activation, the reality is the company has brought a much needed fresh approach that has nudged NASCAR out of its comfort zone. And if Monster were to opt out, it places NASCAR in a precarious position for the second time in three years where the search for an entitlement sponsor becomes a pervasive cloud hanging over the season that overshadows what's happening on the track.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Uh-oh....that isn’t good.

I hope they dont get it...Brian France needs a wake up call... NASCAR is a mess and needs to be brought down to earth and a return to old time racing...rules need to be put in place where everyone can be competitive....and the only way this can happen is to take money away....starting at the top.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member

Nascar has been loosing its appeal since Winston left the sponsorship role and cars resemble nothing like what is available on the car lot.

they need to make their top series stock cars, not these high dollar contraptions they are running now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DAVE said:

I hope they dont get it...Brian France needs a wake up call... NASCAR is a mess and needs to be brought down to earth and a return to old time racing...rules need to be put in place where everyone can be competitive....and the only way this can happen is to take money away....starting at the top.

You can say that again!

They always say the 3rd generation of a family fucks up the family business.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Nascar has been loosing its appeal since Winston left the sponsorship role and cars resemble nothing like what is available on the car lot.

they need to make their top series stock cars, not these high dollar contraptions they are running now.

The cars of the 80s, pretty much used factory sheet metal. WTF are the cars today doing w/ carbon fiber hoods?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

The same thing has happened to NHRA pro stock.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

17 minutes ago, revrnd said:

The cars of the 80s, pretty much used factory sheet metal. WTF are the cars today doing w/ carbon fiber hoods?

Ahhhh...the good old days.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

At least Chevy is running the Camaro next year instead of the SS they have been running the past few years. To bad Ford wasn't racing the Mustang instead of the Fusion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hwytohell said:

The same thing has happened to NHRA pro stock.

True.

I was very disappointed when the Camaro body was intro'd, it looked like shite. Why not something like this:

grumpysToy1968Camaro-vi.jpg 

Not this:

nhra-phoenix-2016-bo-butner.jpg

The SS stock COPO Camaros look much better:

cagnazzi-racing-2014-copo-camaro-wheelie

Edited by revrnd

Back to NASCAR. Terry's SS doesn't have the OEM chin spoiler the street cars had.

piedmont5.jpg

Not sure what the story is on this replica. Definitely shows how far from the street the front end w/ the splitter has gotten:

1.png

https://www.tradingpaints.com/showroom/view/43811/1984-TERRY-LABONTE-PIEDMONT-CHEVROLET-REPLICA

The drivers of today complain about aero this & aero that. Maybe they should try a few laps in a car that isn't massaged to the nth degree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

True.

I was very disappointed when the Camaro body was intro'd, it looked like shite. Why not something like this:

grumpysToy1968Camaro-vi.jpg 

Not this:

nhra-phoenix-2016-bo-butner.jpg

The SS stock COPO Camaros look much better:

cagnazzi-racing-2014-copo-camaro-wheelie

NHRA trying to save a beat dog , announced that  any power plant can be used in any car in 2018. Back in the day they would have added weight to the cars for equal competition . So in 2018 it will be a Mustang with a bowtie ls power plant.  Any wonder why pro - mod and factory  stock  ranks are expanding. In factory stock or pro stock classes if it does not have a factory part number on it , an can't be purchased by a joe low buck at his local dealer, it should be outlawed for competition. Imo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

NHRA trying to save a beat dog , announced that  any power plant can be used in any car in 2018. Back in the day they would have added weight to the cars for equal competition . So in 2018 it will be a Mustang with a bowtie ls power plant.  Any wonder why pro - mod and factory  stock  ranks are expanding. In factory stock or pro stock classes if it does not have a factory part number on it , an can't be purchased by a joe low buck at his local dealer, it should be outlawed for competition. Imo

https://www.nhra.com/news/2017/nhra-allow-any-accepted-enginebody-combination-pro-stock-2018

Next thing will be a crate motor for the class. I would think it was Dodge & Ford that lobbied for this. I don't think Ford hasn't done anything in the class since Glidden retired. What's next a Chevy/GM-powered 'yota?

53 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Back to NASCAR. Terry's SS doesn't have the OEM chin spoiler the street cars had.

piedmont5.jpg

Not sure what the story is on this replica. Definitely shows how far from the street the front end w/ the splitter has gotten:

The drivers of today complain about aero this & aero that. Maybe they should try a few laps in a car that isn't massaged to the nth degree.

I have and original diecast of that car sitting on the shelf right next to me . I wonder what it's worth , does anybody still collect that stuff ?? :bc:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, revrnd said:

https://www.nhra.com/news/2017/nhra-allow-any-accepted-enginebody-combination-pro-stock-2018

Next thing will be a crate motor for the class. I would think it was Dodge & Ford that lobbied for this. I don't think Ford hasn't done anything in the class since Glidden retired. What's next a Chevy/GM-powered 'yota?

Toyota fans did have a low buck pro stock team that showed up at Rockingham dragway. It was a Solara body with a well used francecar  truck based pushrod engine, where these guys got it , is / was a mystery. All the yota engines for competition are leased and have to come from their race shops. That car has never been seen on any track since.  Glidden was the man back in his day , with the Fords an Al Bundy's. :bc:

Edited by hwytohell
  • Like 1