Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

got to work the system

Agreed.

You know probably better than anyone else here that I was a big Sr fan. The debates we used to have on our ride to camp were lots of fun. For anyone to say JJ isn't at least as good or better than Sr is not looking at the facts. 

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Agreed.

You know probably better than anyone else here that I was a big Sr fan. The debates we used to have on our ride to camp were lots of fun. For anyone to say JJ isn't at least as good or better than Sr is not looking at the facts. 

You're not looking at the biggest fact though....doesnt matter what you say I will not agree with you where JJ is concerned. :bc:

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

You're not looking at the biggest fact though....doesnt matter what you say I will not agree with you where JJ is concerned. :bc:

that's because you hate him. I used to feel the same way, Jeff knows that from the conversations we've had in the past. Even though I was never a JJ fan, I have to acknowledge what he has been able to accomplish, same thing with Gordon :bc: 

I was just looking at the starting lineups for the tonight's  Duals. It looks like the first one will be the most interesting with several JGR Toyota's going up against the Ford's of Keselowsk, Lagano and Harvick.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ckf said:

that's because you hate him. I used to feel the same way, Jeff knows that from the conversations we've had in the past. Even though I was never a JJ fan, I have to acknowledge what he has been able to accomplish, same thing with Gordon :bc: 

I just feel he wouldnt be half as good if drivers werent so politically correct...he definitely would not have achieved the same results in the 80s and 90s...jmo

• Platinum Contributing Member
55 minutes ago, ckf said:

Like you I used to dismiss JJ as well as Jeff Gordon....have a new found respect for their talent. :bc:

• Like 1

It all comes down to its a different style of racing now than it used to be. Even locally. 

It used to be rubbing is racing, now rubbing is grounds for a penalty. Its all about the almighty aero now. Before it was about driving ability. And before that it was about who had the biggest engine with factory backing.

While I prefer rubbing is racing, Im not taking anything away from the way it is now. You still have to be talented, but just different kinds of talents. Like using your fucking head. 

25 yrs ago, Kyle Busch would have won 5 championships by this point in his career. But his nose would have been broken 2-3 times too. 

Edited by Legend
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

We need Jiimmy "Mr. Excitement" Spencer back to bust a few schnozzes! :lol:

When Spencer gave Kurt Busch a pop in the face, the weight of corporate francecar  did his carrier in, an the sport in general . Most of the drivers of today are horse jockeys in stature , fighting is OUT today. Hockey games only.

• Like 3

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/nascar-once-a-cultural-icon-hits-the-skids/ar-AAnaPba      :read:  francecar is deep into the caution flags under stumble bum  golden spoon drunk  brian france's leadership. The fans can see it , the corporate money men can see it , the older icons of the sport can see it. Quick put Humpy Wheeler on speed dial , he spoke out for at least for 10 years about the decline , an what it will take to fix the multi- issues.

Edited by hwytohell

1 hour ago, hwytohell said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/nascar-once-a-cultural-icon-hits-the-skids/ar-AAnaPba      :read:  francecar is deep into the caution flags under stumble bum  golden spoon drunk  brian france's leadership. The fans can see it , the corporate money men can see it , the older icons of the sport can see it. Quick put Humpy Wheeler on speed dial , he spoke out for at least for 10 years about the decline , an what it will take to fix the multi- issues.

That idiot that pushed humpy out is partially to blame as well imo