Check your account email address ×

E.U. Set to Let Vaccinated U.S. Tourists Visit This Summer

Source: New York Times

BRUSSELS — American tourists who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will be able to visit the European Union over the summer, the head of the bloc’s executive body said in an interview with The New York Times on Sunday, more than a year after shutting down nonessential travel from most countries to limit the spread of the coronavirus. 

The fast pace of vaccination in the United States, and advanced talks between authorities there and the European Union over how to make vaccine certificates acceptable as proof of immunity for visitors, will enable the European Commission, the executive branch of the European Union, to recommend a switch in policy that could see trans-Atlantic leisure travel restored. 

“The Americans, as far as I can see, use European Medicines Agency-approved vaccines,” Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, said Sunday in an interview with The Times in Brussels. “This will enable free movement and the travel to the European Union. 

“Because one thing is clear: All 27 member states will accept, unconditionally, all those who are vaccinated with vaccines that are approved by E.M.A.,” she added. The agency, the bloc’s drugs regulator, has approved all three vaccines being used in the United States, namely the Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson shots.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Source: New York Times

BRUSSELS — American tourists who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will be able to visit the European Union over the summer, the head of the bloc’s executive body said in an interview with The New York Times on Sunday, more than a year after shutting down nonessential travel from most countries to limit the spread of the coronavirus. 

The fast pace of vaccination in the United States, and advanced talks between authorities there and the European Union over how to make vaccine certificates acceptable as proof of immunity for visitors, will enable the European Commission, the executive branch of the European Union, to recommend a switch in policy that could see trans-Atlantic leisure travel restored. 

“The Americans, as far as I can see, use European Medicines Agency-approved vaccines,” Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, said Sunday in an interview with The Times in Brussels. “This will enable free movement and the travel to the European Union. 

“Because one thing is clear: All 27 member states will accept, unconditionally, all those who are vaccinated with vaccines that are approved by E.M.A.,” she added. The agency, the bloc’s drugs regulator, has approved all three vaccines being used in the United States, namely the Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson shots.

Unvaccinated and untested illegals are always welcome in Obambi cages👍

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Unvaccinated and untested illegals are always welcome in Obambi cages👍

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Northern boarder still closed though. 

Makes perfect sense to me.

:lol: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Northern boarder still closed though. 

hearing the canucks are saying through Feb  thats :nuts:  my parents were supposed to do a new England Quebec cruise that's cancelled now.  Most of their canadian neighbors have not been down in FL because they were unable to et US insurance coverage because of the COvid,  they were prob safer in FL where they could have at least got vaccinated.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

hearing the canucks are saying through Feb  thats :nuts:  my parents were supposed to do a new England Quebec cruise that's cancelled now.  Most of their canadian neighbors have not been down in FL because they were unable to et US insurance coverage because of the COvid,  they were prob safer in FL where they could have at least got vaccinated.  

I flew down to Punta Gorda end of March to drive my mom back to MI and there were some Canadian's in her park there. Can't stop them from flying down they said but insurance never crossed my mind.

They were complaining about lack of vaccines in Canada. Something about JT screwing things :dunno: 

Edited by Skidooski

The Vaccine doesn't give you immunity. They vaccine doesn't stop you from getting covid. The vaccine doesn't stop you from spreading covid. The vaccine isn't a vaccine at all. A vaccine Gives you immunity to a virus this garbage does no such thing

https://rumble.com/vcc87a-dr.-andrew-wakefield-explains-mrna.html?fbclid=IwAR0UYuRB4qjkBmLmKtXlOnrC-kkvlz1qbaVEzGYLQ6-lX7k5zKcp6eib1sM

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

We have zero issue with that, however there is a max stay per visit of about 5 weeks.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

these guys all come down for the full 6 months that the US allows them to

You would be surprised how many go without proper insurance.  6 months would cost a pretty penny for the elderly.   

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You would be surprised how many go without proper insurance.  6 months would cost a pretty penny for the elderly.   

oh I am sure there is plenty that go without,  I might at 60 but not at 70.  these places for the most part have been owned for years,   my parents section was built out maybe 12-13 years ago now.