Check your account email address ×

Dogs eating hostas.

Big no no. My dobe ate some hosta sprouts on Tuesday night. She’s been sick as fuck ever since. First vomiting and then diarrhea. It’s starting to clear today. Apparently in some cases it can be fatal in dogs. Just a warning. This was a learning experience for me. I had no idea. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Ez ryder said:

Deer love the fucking things . 

Yeah. Doesn’t hurt them at all. Weird. I guess it’s got something to do with the high acid level in a dog’s stomach that reacts with a chemical in the hosta. Poor girl. She really suffered. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Sorry man, hope she feels better! 

Thanks. I think she’s on the mend. She’s mad as hell because I have to withhold food and then introduce rice. She sees the lab eating his bowl of food and the look on her face is like “what the fuck”? :lol: 

12 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Big no no. My dobe ate some hosta sprouts on Tuesday night. She’s been sick as fuck ever since. First vomiting and then diarrhea. It’s starting to clear today. Apparently in some cases it can be fatal in dogs. Just a warning. This was a learning experience for me. I had no idea. 

Ain't that the truth.:lol:

Come on dog whisperer.

30 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I've heard that. When we had hostas the deer ate them faster than we could plant them so not a problem here.

• Platinum Contributing Member
55 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Deer love the fucking things . 

Always heard that but they don't touch mine.   Deer trails going right by them.  

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member

Lock that bitch up for cruelty to animals!!!  Fuck mn what a terrible thing to do!!  Thanks for the headsup on the Hostas.  We are gonna be landscaping this summer and I will makIMG_20190305_205018847_LL.thumb.jpg.d50442126df339ffef8dfc785e09bcd5.jpge sure to keep hostas off the list!