Check your account email address ×

Probably could have been handled better

Stupid cops will pull people over in the most dangerous spots. Memorial bridge, 2 lanes, and the cops will yard someone over every time. A fucking Wallgreens is on both sides of the bridge, just go another 500 feet, then pull them over.

Morons.

4 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Thing may have been different if he didn't pull into a lighted area. If I were in his shoes I would have pulled into a lighted area too.

Yeah, good idea. I think he was getting that treatment regardless, may as well have witnesses.

34 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Yeah, good idea. I think he was getting that treatment regardless, may as well have witnesses.

I know if I was his color I would have done the exact same thing.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Would live to see what preceded the start but it sure as shit seems like the cop was an overzealous douche in desperate need of an asswhooping.

On December 5, Officer Crocker attempted to stop Lt. Nazario, who was driving a new 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe with a temporary plate "taped to the inside of the rear window of the vehicle," on U.S. 460, according to the filing. The stop was originally for a lack of a rear license plate. Officer Gutierrez soon joined in on the stop.

https://wjla.com/news/local/lawsuit-virginia-officers-assault-army-lt-during-traffic-stop-tell-him-to-let-it-go

18 hours ago, irv said:

We are most never shown or told the whole story because it would make for poor ratings as the truth doesn't sell. 2 cops chasing/onto this guy just for something to do? This vid sounds like it was a traffic violation but of course all the social justice warriors will choose the minute long vid instead.

the cop with the body cam, clearly an asshole

18 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I wonder what got that cop so fired up? Doesn't seem to be a need for that level of aggression.....based on what we see anyway. I'm sure more will come out of this.

roid rage

6 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

and the cops confirmed it happens often in that area that they want to go to a lighted area with witnesses.  not a big deal and certainly not to get to the level of hostility shown

agreed

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I thought body cameras were supposed to solve these problems? 

obviously not in this case, cop must have thought his actions were 'justified'

5 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Thing may have been different if he didn't pull into a lighted area. If I were in his shoes I would have pulled into a lighted area too.

agreed

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I get it but it has zero to do with the guy being black . Every one knows the rules.  Right or wrong you know the deal especially a black guy or raised poor or inner city . Poss 1 or 2  hr from the city suburbanites kids don't know tge deal but I doubt it . 

Again not saying it is right I fucking hate cops but I know there rules and when younger was willing to fuck with them . Now I am older bit more wise  I just don't say shit pass my dl out the window and record the whole interaction if needed for court . 

that's because we're white

5 hours ago, Snake said:

Told my wife and all the girls if an unmarked car pulls blues on you are you are suspicious of it, hit the 4 ways, call 911 and report to the dispatcher you are proceeding to a safe lit area.

agree 111% - these douchebags would have probably written him a ticket for being on his phone while driving.  another smart move the Lt. made, he left his phone on and recorded the 'conversation'

there's good cops, bad cops, and those who shouldn't even be cops.  obviously these two should not be cops.

The officers then told Lt. Nazario to "chill and let this go," saying that if he did, they wouldn't file charges. However, the officers also said, "if '[Lt. Nazario] fought it [or if he] argued which was his right as a citizen, [they] would charge [Lt. Nazario with crimes], have [Lt. Nazario] go to court, notify command, and do all that,'" per the filing.

The lawsuit alleged the officers failed to report multiple details in their reports, as well as fabricating parts such as Lt. Nazario not having a temporary plate displayed and saying the lieutenant slapped Officer Crocker's hand away.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Thanks 1

This can NOT be fixed. I don't know where it will end, but it will not be good. 

Not saying who's at fault.

Just saying the black situation can not be fixed. 

15 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

This can NOT be fixed. I don't know where it will end, but it will not be good. 

Not saying who's at fault.

Just saying the black situation can not be fixed. 

He's gonna get a nice fat check now.  One of the cops was already fired apparently, as he should have been.

• Platinum Contributing Member

By law you have the right to slow down and proceed to a safe area to pull over.  Officers do have the right to ask you to get out of the vehicle even on a routine traffic stop.  Looks to me neither side handled this situation very well.