Check your account email address ×

ZR200's sold out

35 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Poo is limiting what a dealer can order to sell in season to like 36 total units.  Sales guys are sniveling but tough to feel sorry for those guys after the yr they had 

Poo has a lot of leftovers too so, they don’t wanna redo the AC shuffle.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I was noticing this when browsing dealers inventory recently . Think they got a lot of shit to dealers really late in the season . 

21 hours ago, Zambroski said:

21 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I was noticing this when browsing dealers inventory recently . Think they got a lot of shit to dealers really late in the season . 

Well Sonjus has been overflowing with Polaris sleds and SxS's since before the Rona even started. There are at least 30 sleds still on hand.

38 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Well Sonjus has been overflowing with Polaris sleds and SxS's since before the Rona even started. There are at least 30 sleds still on hand.

And selling them for "invoice" price according to the radio ads

Just now, Sled_Hed said:

Yeah sure :lol:

I bought a 2012 Ranger there brand new with a relative working there and paid full MSRP and full price on Accessories.

18 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I dont know any one who went to a dealer this last yr and paid anything less than full boat msrp and quads sled or sxs. Even 2020 shit 

55 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I'm a new Polaris customer for the first time since my disastrous Fusion 700 experience 15 years ago.

Because of their radio commercials, I dropped in to Sonju about 6 weeks ago one morning shortly after opening to get a quote on a new '22 Poo. I've never been to a dealer that worked so hard not to sell me a sled. This was the first time that I've ever been there, and my my first impression was not good. Obviously, sales are too good there.....

After I sat down, I requested a Snow Check price for an Indy XC 650. Initially, I was given a quote for full retail. As I got up to leave, I mentioned that I had driven well over an hour to get there and it was a wasted trip. I was then asked if I had made an appointment. I stated, "really? For what?"

I then listened to whining about how Snow Check sales count against their floor plan. Eventually, I was given a quote (which BTW was competitive). But given how I was treated, regardless of price, I wouldn't buy anything (especially a sled or truck) from there. 

The next place that I stopped in to provided me with an excellent customer experience. The dealer that I did place my order with was professional. Treated me like a valued customer. And gave me confidence that they would provide good service after the sale. I wrote a check right then and there. Our snowmobile club has now purchased there, and that dealer has provided our members with a very positive impression. A little effort goes a long way. 

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

I'm a new Polaris customer for the first time since my disastrous Fusion 700 experience 15 years ago.

Because of their radio commercials, I dropped in to Sonju about 6 weeks ago one morning shortly after opening to get a quote on a new '22 Poo. I've never been to a dealer that worked so hard not to sell me a sled. This was the first time that I've ever been there, and my my first impression was not good. Obviously, sales are too good there.....

After I sat down, I requested a Snow Check price for an Indy XC 650. Initially, I was given a quote for full retail. As I got up to leave, I mentioned that I had driven well over an hour to get there and it was a wasted trip. I was then asked if I had made an appointment. I stated, "really? For what?"

I then listened to whining about how Snow Check sales count against their floor plan. Eventually, I was given a quote (which BTW was competitive). But given how I was treated, regardless of price, I wouldn't buy anything (especially a sled or truck) from there. 

The next place that I stopped in to provided me with an excellent customer experience. The dealer that I did place my order with was professional. Treated me like a valued customer. And gave me confidence that they would provide good service after the sale. I wrote a check right then and there. Our snowmobile club has now purchased there, and that dealer has provided our members with a very positive impression. A little effort goes a long way. 

It's my understanding that Sonju does well on cars but has never done well on their other items.  They've always had a big supply of Poos.  Not really sure why though...but your experience is probably a damn good reason.

Was the second dealer you purchased from Duluth Lawn and Sport?  That's my last Doo dealer.  

My mom hitched a ride to Northstar Ford to buy her car because Sonjus couldn't he bothered by her second test drive request.

Not only bought the car, she bought the extra warranty and 5 year maintenance package.

My last purchase was Duluth Lawn & Sport also. I don't waste time with Sonjus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

Yes- and they were awesome for me being a brand new customer. I was very impressed. 

Pete was always a great guy and fun to BS with.  The only time I had my sled in their was the piston recall and they were fast and fixed a few other items for me on the house.  Even after I went to AC I'd still stop by and look at his Doo inventory and shoot some shit with him.  :bc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

My mom hitched a ride to Northstar Ford to buy her car because Sonjus couldn't he bothered by her second test drive request.

Not only bought the car, she bought the extra warranty and 5 year maintenance package.

My last purchase was Duluth Lawn & Sport also. I don't waste time with Sonjus.

I think they've won multiple awards and one was a Ski Doo dealer of the year iIIRC.  They've earned it.

Why have I NEVER heard a good word about Sonju....hmmm....

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think they've won multiple awards and one was a Ski Doo dealer of the year iIIRC.  They've earned it.

I worked in the service department there from 1995-2000.  Things weren't great then, but I'll tell you that right now, that service department is a fucking joke.  They regularly screw up simple things like warranty recalls.  It blows my mind considering they've been madly ripping local people off for decades and then follow it up with shitty service.  The blue hairs just keep going back for more.

I worked in the service department there from 1995-2000.  Things weren't great then, but I'll tell you that right now, that service department is a fucking joke.  They regularly screw up simple things like warranty recalls.  It blows my mind considering they've been madly ripping local people off for decades and then follow it up with shitty service.  The blue hairs just keep going back for more.

Yeah, the only dealer on the block can kinda get away with a lot of shit I guess.  

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, the only dealer on the block can kinda get away with a lot of shit I guess.  

Only dealer between Duluth and Canada. I'm willing to bet that Beaver Bay Sports outsells Sonjus for sleds.

59 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Only dealer between Duluth and Canada. I'm willing to bet that Beaver Bay Sports outsells Sonjus for sleds.

Shit, I've been forced to stop by Beaver Bay sports to pick up oil or a last minute item.  They bend you over just a soon as you walk in.  Also, it sure seems like they hold onto their Poo inventory too.  Do they still have that white/red Axys?  LOL...it must have been partially made of gold!

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Shit, I've been forced to stop by Beaver Bay sports to pick up oil or a last minute item.  They bend you over just a soon as you walk in.  Also, it sure seems like they hold onto their Poo inventory too.  Do they still have that white/red Axys?  LOL...it must have been partially made of gold!

Yeah they rape you lol.

I haven't paid attention the last few years but I'm sure their rental fleet is all 20 years old.

I'm assuming that the reference was to Sonju's service department and not Duluth Lawn & Sport?

Being as I was a Cat customer, I had no idea about Sonju. I just assumed that they were just another high volume dealer. I had driven by there multiple times while going up the North Shore, but had never been there for a sled or a vehicle.  

12 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I'm assuming that the reference was to Sonju's service department and not Duluth Lawn & Sport?

Being as I was a Cat customer, I had no idea about Sonju. I just assumed that they were just another high volume dealer. I had driven by there multiple times while going up the North Shore, but had never been there for a sled or a vehicle.  

Yes I worked at Sonjus and bought my last RZR at Duluth Lawn.  They have a high volume but I personally only know only one person who trades up there every 3-4 years, and he just switched brands so...

3 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Yeah sure :lol:

I bought a 2012 Ranger there brand new with a relative working there and paid full MSRP and full price on Accessories.

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I dont know any one who went to a dealer this last yr and paid anything less than full boat msrp and quads sled or sxs. Even 2020 

Yeah I literally lol'd when I kept hearing those ads last Friday

• 7 months later...
On 4/7/2021 at 3:14 PM, Ziemann said:

That seems to be a weird model to have to cut off early. 

Do we need to reach out to Ramstad to find out what's going on?

On 4/16/2021 at 9:24 PM, Deephaven said:

Sold out of a pre-order.  Another fucking fail on Cat's part.  Seriously...they have 7 months to build them.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:48 PM, mnstang said:

Maybe they don't want a shit show like the Polaris pre orders that either shipped without shocks or didn't show up til January.  Seems like a quality move to me.

On 4/18/2021 at 9:41 PM, Deephaven said:

A manufacturer that doesn't want to sell goes out of business.  That is the biggest shit show there is.  Cat is good at that.

On 4/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, Deephaven said:

I think you should stop looking in the mirror.  They are acting like they have to because they sucked at planning.  Limiting orders is not a good thing and they shouldn't have to, but they like usual aren't prepared.  I don't hate Cat, I've owned more of their machines than I have other brands but they need to fix their shit before I will own another.

I'll just leave these here.

• Haha 3

On 5/3/2021 at 12:47 PM, Zambroski said:

Same reason places like Heinen get awards.  They sell a lot of shit  cheep  over the web where they know they will never have to service the unit or do a quality set up . Just a drop shipper . 1st award 

Then adding a membership to say MNusa on the documentation fee line #2 award 

Same with boats atvs and bikes

Award # 3 4 and 5 from there organization's