Check your account email address ×

Thanks Again Skidoo!

Anler

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Its been tough with the odd conditions .....icy crusty shitty warm low snow garbage makes it tough to get a good feel

Yeah, these conditions are shit.  Just go 25% up from full soft right now.  Adjust up from there.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, these conditions are shit.  Just go 25% up from full soft right now.  Adjust up from there.

I went half way on all the clickers and that was way way too much. I am now at 4 clicks from full soft and may go down another click or two.

Edited by f7ben

26 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its 1000x better just backing the clickers off. Still not there yet but much much closer

Nothing more annoying than a setup that doesn't feel right....and not trying to jump in but the very first thing you want to make sure is right is the ride in sag measurement.  Should have some static sag per the book, and then with geared rider should be within another spec range.  If they don't  fall within the ranges with stock springs, might have to re spring.  The ones we rode at that Polaris ride a few years ago, were dialed in pretty awesome, but we had a factory guy setting them up for each of us before we even rode it. :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I went half way on all the clickers and that was way way too much. I am not at 4 clicks from full soft and may go down another click or two.

Stiffer up front is good, hell, even go full soft on the back and work it from there.  Depends on how you ride too.  Those WE's have a tendency to fade hard the first year if worked hard so you may find yourself up-clicking a few times throughout the winter.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Nothing more annoying than a setup that doesn't feel right....and not trying to jump in but the very first thing you want to make sure is right is the ride in sag measurement.  Should have some static sag per the book, and then with geared rider should be within another spec range.  If they don't, might have to re spring.  The ones we rode at that Polaris ride a few years ago, were dialed in pretty awesome, but we had a factory guy setting them up for each of us before we even rode it. :lol: 

I set the ride in right away and put the rest of the preload to what the manual suggested. I may crank the rear spring up just a bit as I didnt do it with gear on and the extra snow and ice while riding make a difference too.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Stiffer up front is good, hell, even go full soft on the back and work it from there.  Depends on how you ride too.  Those WE's have a tendency to fade hard the first year if worked hard so you may find yourself up-clicking a few times throughout the winter.

I dont mind stiffer up front and these front work well.....the rear I like to ride soft and soak shit up as I have a bad back and hate jarring rides. I'll stand if I see anything big coming

I set the ride in right away and put the rest of the preload to what the manual suggested. I may crank the rear spring up just a bit as I didnt do it with gear on and the extra snow and ice while riding make a difference too.

yup.  I've had to re spring both my cat and my freeride to get it right.  Not for nothing, but I like my SKS just the way it is.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I went half way on all the clickers and that was way way too much. I am now at 4 clicks from full soft and may go down another click or two.

These $uckin new sleds are valved and sprung for guy's who can't leave the table without wolfing down 4 triple chesseburgers and 4 bags of onion rings

Just now, DriftBusta said:

yup.  I've had to re spring both my cat and my freeride to get it right.  Not for nothing, but I like my SKS just the way it is.

I'd love to ride an SKS in some real snow. This chassis is so responsive I bet its just a blast to toss the long track around in some real snow

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

These $uckin new sleds are valved and sprung for guy's who can't leave the table without wolfing down 4 triple chesseburgers and 4 bags of onion rings

This one is a bit different. It is sprung very soft which I like but the stupid walkers get crazy stiff fast when you start clicking them up which I found out. The combo off low spring rate and high comp dampening makes for a harsh ride and I didnt like that one bit. The r-motion of analers that I rode was like butter....It was so good

Just now, f7ben said:

I'd love to ride an SKS in some real snow. This chassis is so responsive I bet its just a blast to toss the long track around in some real snow

So would I. :lol:  This weekend might be the first time.  Its a great sled, I just hate the tight footwells, cuz they've already dragged me down the trail twice.  Its not a tail stander wheelie machine at all, which was the first thing I noticed about it.  But I've also never ridden a sled that gets up on top of the snow the way this thing does either.

52 minutes ago, Anler said:

I really liked the way that sled handles and the seating position but the first thing I noticed was the suspension. Coming off of the rmotion it was quite noticable. If that is fixable I would have no problem buying one. 

Any vibration in the handle bars and footwells ? The one I rode for the 20 minutes was too much for my hands and feet. I had to get back on my 4 stroke.

3 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Any vibration in the handle bars and footwells ? The one I rode for the 20 minutes was too much for my hands and feet. I had to get back on my 4 stroke.

It vibrates bad at very low rpms but smooths right out when you get the r's up .....it does shake like a fucking big twin when idling which I dont care for

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This one is a bit different. It is sprung very soft which I like but the stupid walkers get crazy stiff fast when you start clicking them up which I found out. The combo off low spring rate and high comp dampening makes for a harsh ride and I didnt like that one bit. The r-motion of analers that I rode was like butter....It was so good

Should have bought a new Doo, Faggot :owned::lol:

5 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Should have bought a new Doo, Faggot :owned::lol:

Nah...this polaris has plenty of bright spots. Namely it has no tin can smodule and it cost about 3500 less. Plus now im not a faggot for riding a faggot skidoo!!

Just now, f7ben said:

Nah...this polaris has plenty of bright spots. Namely it has no tin can smodule and it cost about 3500 less. Plus now im not a faggot for riding a faggot skidoo!!

How do you like the motor?  I'm pretty happy with how mine runs, and its good on fuel too.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

How do you like the motor?  I'm pretty happy with how mine runs, and its good on fuel too.

Shocked how much I like the motor. The 2 stage exhaust valves are awesome. The motor rips. Very happy with the jaws pipe and can

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Tin can :lol:  What's your excuse gonna be , when you wad that Faggot ass Polaris up like an accordion? :lmao:  

$3,500 less than what?   When you buy an inferior product like a Polaris, they cost less. 

It doesn't matter what you ride, you'll ALWAYS be a pencil arm, little Faggot, Faggot :owned:

:lol:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

Just now, Ez ryder said:

where in N MN u our ridding and how much snow is there ?

Up to Cook MN and the was 12-16"......faggot ass worthless state hasnt groomed anything but the Cook Timberwolves club did an awesome job with the Bearskin trail

47 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

So would I. :lol:  This weekend might be the first time.  Its a great sled, I just hate the tight footwells, cuz they've already dragged me down the trail twice.  Its not a tail stander wheelie machine at all, which was the first thing I noticed about it.  But I've also never ridden a sled that gets up on top of the snow the way this thing does either.

? u can make a axsis cat walk if u want

Up to Cook MN and the was 12-16"......faggot ass worthless state hasnt groomed anything but the Cook Timberwolves club did an awesome job with the Bearskin trail

letting the sleds drive the frost before sinking tuckers . wettest fall in a long time . I know of 2 clubs in N wi that have  had to spend the day getting groomers out of the muck .

I want to get out but no place worth going not 7 hrs away . I may head up to clam lake wi and run some powerlines and  such with a chain saw on sat to get the goat trails open