Check your account email address ×

RPM Act

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Easier to go after the little guy I guess

sucks for those guys but its been happening on YouTube for awhile I believe the diesel brothers got a 850k fine while back. Lots of places don’t even sell stuff no more I’ve been trying to find a off-road h-pipe to replace my old one all the main places lmr etc. don’t even sell them anymore guess it’s not worth the risk.

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Easier to go after the little guy I guess

They go after a ll businesses.  Like my truck, gutted to the engine and not a shred of EPA trash on it.  That's fine but, if I try to trade it in, they will scoff because if any dealer sells a vehicle without the proper emissions...its the BOOTS to them.  If I try to sell it without divulging what I know....I'm getting one up my ass too. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’m sure that’s cheap and easy to accomplish 

It would make it legal and not worry about fines.  You would just sell your product for what it costs you need to make a profit

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

It would make it legal and not worry about fines.  You would just sell your product for what it costs you need to make a profit

I doubt they get much of any power out of a Ecu mod that was epa compliant and then tack on more money for less hp a recipe for no sales. Most all this stuff is sold for off road use only. The sellers shouldn’t be taking the hit for making a product that specifically says “for off-road use only” if a individual decides to break federal law and use on the street we’ll that should be on the individual. There just taking the easy/lazy route of enforcement.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I doubt they get much of any power out of a Ecu mod that was epa compliant and then tack on more money for less hp a recipe for no sales. Most all this stuff is sold for off road use only. The sellers shouldn’t be taking the hit for making a product that specifically says “for off-road use only” if a individual decides to break federal law and use on the street we’ll that should be on the individual. There just taking the easy/lazy route of enforcement.

CARB legal.

https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/banks-66692-tuner-17-19-duramax

A lot of option for compliant tunes.  Getting to be more and more EPA compliant tunes as they slowly are wiping out the illegal ones.

53 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

CARB legal.

A lot of option for compliant tunes.  Getting to be more and more EPA compliant tunes as they slowly are wiping out the illegal ones.

Sure it's epa compliant, but still is going to use more fuel and be less reliable than delete tuning. Plus the added cost of def and repairs associated with the emissions system. There's also a safety aspect too. I've had my def tank freeze and start derating the engine in the middle of nowhere. Not a fun feeling when it's -30. Do you think it's good for the environment  to have millions of plastic def jugs getting thrown in the landfill? How much extra pollution is created making the def, packaging, dpf, def tanks/lines ?transportation of all these things adds to pollution as well 

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Sure it's epa compliant, but still is going to use more fuel and be less reliable than delete tuning. Plus the added cost of def and repairs associated with the emissions system. There's also a safety aspect too. I've had my def tank freeze and start derating the engine in the middle of nowhere. Not a fun feeling when it's -30. Do you think it's good for the environment  to have millions of plastic def jugs getting thrown in the landfill? How much extra pollution is created making the def, packaging, dpf, def tanks/lines ?transportation of all these things adds to pollution as well 

If people can’t afford to maintain there vehicle they should buy something less expensive that fits their budget instead of spending $1000’s in defeat devices that make the vehicle illegal on public roads.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

If people can’t afford to maintain there vehicle they should buy something less expensive that fits their budget instead of spending $1000’s in defeat devices that make the vehicle illegal on public 

There's no routine maintenance on the emissions systems on pickups as far as i know. Hell even the def pumps at truck stops freeze up below 0. Not everyone tunes their truck to roll coal. Some of us depend on them to make a living

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

There's no routine maintenance on the emissions systems on pickups as far as i know. Hell even the def pumps at truck stops freeze up below 0. Not everyone tunes their truck to roll coal. Some of us depend on them to make a living

Replacement when the part fails outside of warranty is all emissions equipment needs.  Kind of like when tires go bald or flat…. You replace them as needed

Edited by BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member

The whole country is becoming California. They will start fining more and more forcing us all into what they want us to use.......Electric fire hazards. Meanwhile China builds more coal plants. LOL But hey, at least they can collect all those fees from small companies

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

CARB legal.

Although that seems like a trick piece of equipment and banks isn't a fly by night operation... 

I didn't see a single number in the link.. I would bet its not really that impressive for the price.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Replacement when the part fails outside of warranty is all emissions equipment needs.  Kind of like when tires go bald or flat…. You replace them as needed

if you can buy a tire that is better and cheaper than the OEM.. do you still call the dealer for your replacement? 

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Great idea to get it fixed after it breaks unless you're in the middle of the alaskan hwy 600mi from the nearest dealer that has frankie working as a tech....from a business standpoint it's more economical to permanently fix the problem. It's usually cheaper to delete and tune than fix it. Not to mention the downtime associated with the dealership. Time is money!

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

Although that seems like a trick piece of equipment and banks isn't a fly by night operation... 

I didn't see a single number in the link.. I would bet its not really that impressive for the price.

61 hp and 112 ftlbs….  It’s at the bottom under features

0E9BFB43-53A0-47C7-9E62-6B2FF24CD8D2.thumb.png.29cfa7abc274853b6a0be6b60d715064.png

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Great idea to get it fixed after it breaks unless you're in the middle of the alaskan hwy 600mi from the nearest dealer that has frankie working as a tech....from a business standpoint it's more economical to permanently fix the problem. It's usually cheaper to delete and tune than fix it. Not to mention the downtime associated with the dealership. Time is money!

Tuned and deleted diesels suffer expensive failures all time.  From engine, fuel system and other powertrain components.just cause it has emissions equipment intact does make them less reliable.  I have 6 fully emission equipped diesels on my work crew.  Emission systems are reliable.  Turbos and transfer cases is our main issues.  But we do make money without pickups so we do have to go through DOT scales and the chance to get fined is not worth it and not needed.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Tuned and deleted diesels suffer expensive failures all time.  From engine, fuel system and other powertrain components.just cause it has emissions equipment intact does make them less reliable.  I have 6 fully emission equipped diesels on my work crew.  Emission systems are reliable.  Turbos and transfer cases is our main issues.  But we do make money without pickups so we do have to go through DOT scales and the chance to get fined is not worth it and not needed.

I have close to 2 million miles on ford 6.7 motors. No fuel issues, turbo issues or driveline problems. Only recurring problems are front end components and that's to be expected with the shitty roads it gets pounded down. I go through Dot scales several times a day and have annual inspections and never had them ask about deleted parts. The fact you think the Dot has anything to do with emissions enforcement makes me think you don't know as much as you think you do

• Like 1

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I have close to 2 million miles on ford 6.7 motors. No fuel issues, turbo issues or driveline problems. Only recurring problems are front end components and that's to be expected with the shitty roads it gets pounded down. I go through Dot scales several times a day and have annual inspections and never had them ask about deleted parts. The fact you think the Dot has anything to do with emissions enforcement makes me think you don't know as much as you think you do

#2 says it all…..

https://www.diesellaptops.com/blogs/news/emission-deletes-and-tunes

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Lol at your "source ". A company that makes diagnostic tools for vehicles is not going to promote delete kits. That's like MC quoting CNN. Of course there's epa enforcement but it's rarely seen outside of California and hardly ever there. Can you show me anywhere on a Dot annual inspection form that talks about emissions components?? The Dot couldn't give 2 fucks about deletes....

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Lol at your "source ". A company that makes diagnostic tools for vehicles is not going to promote delete kits. That's like MC quoting CNN. Of course there's epa enforcement but it's rarely seen outside of California and hardly ever there. Can you show me anywhere on a Dot annual inspection form that talks about emissions components?? The Dot couldn't give 2 fucks about deletes....

Nope.  Nothing will happen to ya when you delete a commercial vehicle diesel exhaust.  Nothing.

https://www.overdriveonline.com/business/article/14894573/hazmat-violations-and-more-in-this-trucking-rap-sheet

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Nope.  Nothing will happen to ya when you delete a commercial vehicle diesel exhaust.  Nothing.

https://www.overdriveonline.com/business/article/14894573/hazmat-violations-and-more-in-this-trucking-rap-sheet

Never said nothing would happen,  just that it's rare. I'm betting theres more to that story than what we're reading. There's thousands of deleted trucks going through dot checks everyday that have no problems. Just in my little corner of the trucking industry deletes are in almost every truck you come across