Check your account email address ×

Look Trailers

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Anyone had any experience with Look Trailers? I'm not familiar with the brand, is there anything to watch out for?

I’m glad you asked this...place near here sells them and I was curious about them as well. 🇺🇸👊🏻

• Gold Member
Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m glad you asked this...place near here sells them and I was curious about them as well. 🇺🇸👊🏻

Considering a used one for sale locally but the idiot selling doesn't know if he brakes or not.  :lol:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Well the kid just got back to me, its a steel undercarriage. That's a deal breaker for me.

For sure, that thing will be rotted out in no time. I have a Blizzard clamshell, 11' x 101"..Has been a good trailer, Bought it new on 09 from Gary's Trailers on RT31 in Lyons..

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

For sure, that thing will be rotted out in no time. I have a Blizzard clamshell, 11' x 101"..Has been a good trailer, Bought it new on 09 from Gary's Trailers on RT31 in Lyons..

Yeah I'm looking for something that can do double duty as a toy hauler and also for a business use as well. Was thinking of going in with my brother on the cost.

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yeah I'm looking for something that can do double duty as a toy hauler and also for a business use as well. Was thinking of going in with my brother on the cost.

Gotcha

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’ve been eyeballing one of these...would like one with a man door on the drivers side.

88D6163A-4AAB-47FF-B8F8-084AE22BC8BF.thumb.png.796461d6b800e4fec6d6f63aec8f79a2.png

I would really like one of those except big enough for 3 sleds, that would be ideal. Nice trailer Jimmy.

31 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I would really like one of those except big enough for 3 sleds, that would be ideal. Nice trailer Jimmy.

Ahhh...so you need an inline...check out the R&R Slasher Series and there is also a company named Formula that builds decent trailers. Out your way check out Mission.🇺🇸👍🏼

50 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

that's Jim's Trailer world in Lyons

55 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’ve been eyeballing one of these...would like one with a man door on the drivers side.

88D6163A-4AAB-47FF-B8F8-084AE22BC8BF.thumb.png.796461d6b800e4fec6d6f63aec8f79a2.png

thats a good price,  1000 more around here for that style in either black, silver or white.  prob 1200 in red

I was looking at 5 year old used Mission one and thought the price was good at 3500 even though i know build quality is not terrific.  

Decided if i get a trailer it's going to be a 7x14 or 16 with 7' height for the sled and the side by side.  Buddies having a 4 place built so at that point we would have a trailer choice depending in # of sleds

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Anyone had any experience with Look Trailers? I'm not familiar with the brand, is there anything to watch out for?

Is it LOOK and not Locke trailers, I have a Locke trailer which is made in Locke NY, all steel landscape type with ramp and is solid as Sears for a '96

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

Is it LOOK and not Locke trailers, I have a Locke trailer which is made in Locke NY, all steel landscape type with ramp and is solid as Sears for a '96

Yes it's LOOK, they have a website and all. Seem to be ok but I've never come across one before.

21 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yes it's LOOK, they have a website and all. Seem to be ok but I've never come across one before.

go with a Blizzard, go right to Boonville and pick it up at the factory

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

go with a Blizzard, go right to Boonville and pick it up at the factory

They are top on my list if I go new.

4 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I have an aluminum Look Avalanche 7x23 inline. It is definitely a cheaper trailer, but has a lot of nice features for the price I paid. The frame is most definitely aluminum, not steel. It has twin leaf spring axles and isn’t torsion. It pulls great and has all LED interior and exterior lights, fuel doors, brakes on both sets of axles & pretty sweet rims, loading lights on front and back. I’ve had mine for 4 years and no problems. 

Edited by Rice
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rice said:

I have an aluminum Look Avalanche 7x23 inline. It is definitely a cheaper trailer, but has a lot of nice features for the price I paid. The frame is most definitely aluminum, not steel. It has twin leaf spring axles and isn’t torsion. It pulls great and has all LED interior and exterior lights, fuel doors, brakes on both sets of axles & pretty sweet rims, loading lights on front and back. I’ve had mine for 4 years and no problems. 

Where did you buy yours? I’m in Charlevoix and I see that USA Trailers in TC and Kingsley is a dealer.

4 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Well the kid just got back to me, its a steel undercarriage. That's a deal breaker for me.

With steel I'd be more concerned about the weight than I would with rusting as even aluminum will eventually corrode if you don't look after it.

I know undercoating/rust proofing doesn't seem to be as popular stateside as it does up here, but I wash/rinse my undercarriage with a garden hose and spray it ever year underneath with a can or 2 of Rust Check inside and outside of the frame and coupler.

HPIM0381_LI.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I have a similar trailer, would much rather have an inline, the little wheels suck and it really doesn't pull that easy .

• Thanks 1