Jump to content

So who's buying and what are you buying


Recommended Posts

I'm undecided right now between a VR1 850 137 or XCR 850 136.  Either way will be red with black tunnel and red rails with 7S ride command and 1.35 Cobra track

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got it home today. It definitely needs a bath and a good going over. 16 hours of driving to get it home. Left yesterday at 3:30, crashed in Hancock for the night, grabbed the sled when they op

I just snow checked the 650 XCR, Ice Ripper XT, Electric, Triple Black.  

Ordered mine yesterday..and a 120 for my youngest son

Posted Images

I will be putting season #3 on the same sled next year.  Man, this season was short but we did make it to the Elvoy a couple of times.

Two Cat riders in the group said they plan on ordering.  One is on the fence over an XCR 650 or XRS 600.  The other is just so pissed about the shitty Cat release he may quit riding altogether.  I told him if I had to ride that Sabrecat I would have quit a long time ago. 

Edited by jdsky
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jdsky said:

I will be putting season #3 on the same sled next year.  Man, this season was short but we did make it to the Elvoy a couple of times.

Two Cat riders in the group said they plan on ordering.  One is on the fence over an XCR 650 or XRS 600.  The other is just so pissed about the shitty Cat release he may quit riding altogether.  I told him if I had to ride that Sabrecat I would have quit a long time ago. 

We were at the Elvoy last Friday good times and trails we better than I expected.  Going to Houghton tomorrow. 

Couple of my riding buddies got a Lynx to ride past couple days.  All said it's more of a crossover sled and strictly trails liked their own sled better between Renegades and XRS's

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice sled, George!!  Only change I have on the similar sled I'm looking at is, I'm adding the low RMK windshield (and will paint it black).  I just can't quite decide between the XCR and the VR1 .... hell, I love the XC with the QS3's too.  It's like bizarro world compared to what the Cat guys have for options!! LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Nice sled, George!!  Only change I have on the similar sled I'm looking at is, I'm adding the low RMK windshield (and will paint it black).  I just can't quite decide between the XCR and the VR1 .... hell, I love the XC with the QS3's too.  It's like bizarro world compared to what the Cat guys have for options!! LOL

Same windshield for me, don't think it needs painting though.  I want the handguards, so I'll just buy the windshield. 

2889405_alt2.webp

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its all a matter of personal preference ... I'm sure that windshield in stock form (smoke tint) will be just fine.  But with everything else on the sled being black or red, I'm thinking a black windshield would be a nice touch.  To each their own!! :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dealers are getting tight on their allotment for Statfire series sleds. Get your orders in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 12:19 PM, Bontz said:

Its all a matter of personal preference ... I'm sure that windshield in stock form (smoke tint) will be just fine.  But with everything else on the sled being black or red, I'm thinking a black windshield would be a nice touch.  To each their own!! :thumbsup:

I think I'll get that one, I wanted the handguards, but I think I'll get a set of Rox handguards, Poo guards are kind of cheap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doug said:

Dealers are getting tight on their allotment for Statfire series sleds. Get your orders in.

I was seeing some of this on Bookface earlier today, and it's gotta be a BS statement.  The only allotment is for the Boost sleds.  Even my buddy, who's an Ambassador, texted me about 10 minutes ago saying no way.  He spoke with his rep yesterday, and was told the same thing .... only limits are on the the turbo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I was seeing some of this on Bookface earlier today, and it's gotta be a BS statement.  The only allotment is for the Boost sleds.  Even my buddy, who's an Ambassador, texted me about 10 minutes ago saying no way.  He spoke with his rep yesterday, and was told the same thing .... only limits are on the the turbo.

That was from my dealer.  He said snowcheck build sent to him have been crazy and people are buying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno ... we're 5+ days into Snow Check and I highly doubt the people who've submitted orders are buying at a rate to force Polaris to claim they're sold out.  Guess if I don't pull the trigger soon enough, and can't get a snow check, it's my fault.  Suppose I'll have to go visit the local Cat dealer then :news:

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I dunno ... we're 5+ days into Snow Check and I highly doubt the people who've submitted orders are buying at a rate to force Polaris to claim they're sold out.  Guess if I don't pull the trigger soon enough, and can't get a snow check, it's my fault.  Suppose I'll have to go visit the local Cat dealer then :news:

This would be for the VR1 or the Starfire sleds that he is referring. The Launch and others will be no problem.  He got one turbo and that was sold before the Polaris presentation was done the night of the release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

20210306_151129.jpg

IMG_20210306_183407_425.jpg

Who’d you go steal that from, fucker! :lol:

That sled would definitely be on my short list, if I were buying a new trail sled. Those hand guards, and lack of a windshield, look like shit though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Who’d you go steal that from, fucker! :lol:

That sled would definitely be on my short list, if I were buying a new trail sled. Those hand guards, and lack of a windshield, look like shit though. 

I'm going to go with the mid high smoke windshield and put a set of black Rox hand guards on it.

As long as I have your attention, didn't, aren't you, running a 1.6 Cobra track?  I think the 1.3 is good enough, but still thinking about the 1.6.

1614682749030-productstill.png

Edited by A05GSHO
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

I'm going to go with the mid high smoke windshield and put a set of black Rox hand guards on it.

As long as I have your attention, didn't, aren't you, running a 1.6 Cobra track?  I think the 1.3 is good enough, but still thinking about the 1.6.

1614682749030-productstill.png

I had a 1.6 ice cobra on my Fusion when it was still 137. It was a GREAT track. I think that or an ice storm would be a great track for any trail sled in Michigan. I put the ice ripper in the Fusion when I put it back to 121 because I got it so cheap. I’d have a hard time going back to traditional studs. I’ll take the highest lug that I can get with the build in studs anyday now. I see they only offer the ice attack xt though. I have one of those on the wife’s Classic. It’s a good track too just hard. 
 

Hows the 650? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I had a 1.6 ice cobra on my Fusion when it was still 137. It was a GREAT track. I think that or an ice storm would be a great track for any trail sled in Michigan. I put the ice ripper in the Fusion when I put it back to 121 because I got it so cheap. I’d have a hard time going back to traditional studs. I’ll take the highest lug that I can get with the build in studs anyday now. I see they only offer the ice attack xt though. I have one of those on the wife’s Classic. It’s a good track too just hard. 
 

Hows the 650? 

Solid and impressive from 0-80 from what I've read.  Lenn has 22 XCR 136 650 he's going to do a write up on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

Solid and impressive from 0-80 from what I've read.  Lenn has 22 XCR 136 650 he's going to do a write up on.

Lenn basically gets paid for his reviews. I would rather hear it from someone I completely trust. What was the pictures you posted? I thought it was one you demod or something. :dunno:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Lenn basically gets paid for his reviews. I would rather hear it from someone I completely trust. What was the pictures you posted? I thought it was one you demod or something. :dunno:

1st 2 from HCS, last with the windshield I built

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

1st 2 from HCS, last with the windshield I built

Gotcha. When you posted the real pics I took that as you had one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My riding buddy snow checked a boost. Im excited to try it out, see how good it is compared to aftermarket turbos.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

With the help of some resources from this site being able to dig a little deeper into details I made the decision to go with the XCR 136 850 -vs- the VR1 850.  Thanks for the additional detail.  My dealer will have a 2022 XCR tomorrow and Wednesday.

 

 

2020 XCR.jpg

Edited by Doug
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be riding the old school haybailer next year I have a 2016 and picked up a 2021 850 this year.

For some reason I like these sleds for trail riding.

 

20210213_133645.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol




×
×
  • Create New...