Check your account email address ×

Trail issues?

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

what is most disappointing to me as there were no trails when most of us got into the sport, 45 years for me, what we have now has taken years of work and money to be where we are today, while our club owns the groomers most members use their own equipment to do the work, I use my tractor and SxS to do trail work at no cost to the club and pay for my own fuel, I do submit the hours so the club can be reimbursed for funding and when we have to go out and soothe a landowner or do a re-route over a few bad apples it almost makes us want to throw in the towel and say fuck it, a lot of the guys spend so much time dealing with the issues we can't get out and enjoy the trails ourselves, I have put more miles in my Ranger fixing issues than on my sled

I just joined a club this afternoon so I can register my sled. Heading out tomorrow for my first ride in years!  :bc:

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I just joined a club this afternoon so I can register my sled. Heading out tomorrow for my first ride in years!  :bc:

better make a good run at it might not last long depending on how this warm up goes

• Gold Member
35 minutes ago, Dave said:

Everyone thanks you for the warning!

16 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Dropping boats in the road, ATV's on fire in the garage...............I almost can't wait to see what comes next. :lmao:

:fuckoff:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Dropping boats in the road, ATV's on fire in the garage...............I almost can't wait to see what comes next. :lmao:

I am not going to say anything about a boat in the road I had one come off the ball and snap the safety chains and stuff the coupler through a picture window on a house, didn't stop until the bow hit the window casing LOL it has become known as the "house boat" affair amongst friends

Edited by 01mxz800
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

I am not going to say anything about a boat in the road I had one come off the ball and snap the safety chains and stuff the coupler through a picture window on a house, didn't stop until the bow hit the window casing LOL it has become known as the "house boat" affair amongst friends

You see how my toon is sitting on an old rusty sled trailer?  The boat trailer snapped in half. It was great.

IMG_20200921_115738_9.jpg

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

You see how my toon is sitting on an old rusty sled trailer?  The boat trailer snapped in half. It was great.

IMG_20200921_115738_9.jpg

You two guys are officially barred from giving me any shit!  :lol:

• Haha 2

I'll be honest, those markers cutting through a field marking where you should maintain the trail and not go outside, i've broken that rule many times.  I just figured if it was my wheat or alfalfa field, and the trail got a couple wind blown or melted spots on the trail, and there was snow cover to the side, i'd rather have someone take the side where the skis and track wasn't running right on the ground damaging the crop.

I'd bet 95% of sledders now a days wouldn't think to do that though.  Different mentality now and not getting any better.

• Like 1