Check your account email address ×

Thinking about buying cheap 3/4 ton work truck

Rod

12 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Bud just picked up a 2021  quad cab 3500, cummins ho, aisin, $67000.

Smokin deal

Tradesman model...bottom of the line....very hard resale. Great truck regardless 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

I didn't know gm stepped up to a 6.6. got to get with the times I guess. 

Test drove one yesterday. His decent power. Guys are claiming significant fuel economy improvements over the 6.0

45F6E13A-41D7-43A6-95AA-262059A40942.jpeg

24 minutes ago, ACE said:

Test drove one yesterday. His decent power. Guys are claiming significant fuel economy improvements over the 6.0

The 6.0 is a dinosaur but reliable as hell. I could see the need for upgrade but it's still really good

1 minute ago, Anler said:

The 6.0 is a dinosaur but reliable as hell. I could see the need for upgrade but it's still really good

Like you said the truck will fall apart around a 6.0/4L80

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Like you said the truck will fall apart around a 6.0/4L80

Yep. Every one we got rid of had 250k-350k on them. The engine still ran with little problems but the truck bodies were trashed. Sold em all to mexicans. They love those things LOL

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Yep. Every one we got rid of had 250k-350k on them. The engine still ran with little problems but the truck bodies were trashed. Sold em all to mexicans. They love those things LOL

This one is a custom but honestly for the price has more than enough options to keep me happy. I don’t need all the extra fluff for a work truck.  It’s still nicer than a fully loaded truck from 10 years ago imo 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Anler said:

You run white trucks?

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

every time i go to hop in the bed of my truck i realize how smart GM is with the bumper steps and now having a bed step in the front as well.  Too bad the interiors are marginal.  

That front box step is simple genius 

41 minutes ago, ACE said:

so much simpler.  i could have gotten a new Ford tailgate with the step when i crunched it but why,  the most often time i need it my sleds in the bed and it's useless.  so now it's 200 for a corner step to install under the bumper  

32 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

so much simpler.  i could have gotten a new Ford tailgate with the step when i crunched it but why,  the most often time i need it my sleds in the bed and it's useless.  so now it's 200 for a corner step to install under the bumper  

I've never put sleds in the beds of my alumni dutys or f150....not even atvs...shit Flys up fucks paint on tail gate.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

I've never put sleds in the beds of my alumni dutys or f150....not even atvs...shit Flys up fucks paint on tail gate.

i have thousands and thousands of miles with mine in the bed,  i stopped using a trailer in like 08.  Easier to meet CKF and our other buddy at his camp that driving through ossipee so they used my trailer last 1 or 2 seasons.  No issues with the tailgate even with the dirt roads up by his camp.  

9 hours ago, ACE said:

I bombed one around for a few days. City/hwy combo drive. Loaded HC. It got 15 mpg. 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

It is but man I hate the looks of it. 

24 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i have thousands and thousands of miles with mine in the bed,  i stopped using a trailer in like 08.  Easier to meet CKF and our other buddy at his camp that driving through ossipee so they used my trailer last 1 or 2 seasons.  No issues with the tailgate even with the dirt roads up by his camp.  

Ya roads here are a whole different ball game....more gravel than paved...my tailgates were trashed always when I put toys in the back.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:43 AM, ACE said:

I’ll mostly be commuting, maybe some stuff in the box. Some hauling. If I ever need to pull a load a further distance I still have my Dmax 

I have a 19 2500 Chevy work van. 40k on the clicker. Has a 6 banger with a 8 speed. I wasn’t happy when the boss ordered it. It has plenty of snot fully loaded. Averages 20 mpg and I do 75 mph on the highway with little effort. I wouldn’t put a big trailer behind it,but the company doesn’t own any big trailers. If I was personally buying a work truck,this is the set up I would buy. I’ve always had 6.0 in work trucks. This 6 is perfect if you don’t pull trailers. Go take one for a drive.

15 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

same here. Easy to buy , easy to letter , easy to sell. And when they are done, the Mexicans do love em.

The old pollocks will let you take a turn on their wife ,if you have a old white sprinter to sell them.:lol: