Check your account email address ×

2022 BRP Doo/Lynx release...

Keep your cash in your pockets boys... I will be able to ship a tractor trailer load of 2022 Lynx out to you in the US in summer of 2023 for cheep...  all the Ontario posers that are lining up right now writing big cheques signed by Ricky Ricky Racer! :wind:

They will be beginning for someone to take them, should be able to buy them for $12k Canadian with less than 1000 miles on them in 2023.

:bounce:

6 hours ago, mnstang said:

Because manufacturer's know that the majority of the buyers of these "race ready" sleds are posers.  They want to look like some hardcore dude or maybe they just like the idea of the sled while bench racing or keyboard racing but they are soft and don't want to feel the chatter and don't ride hard enough to make stiff suspension work.

And until there are one way trails I'm fine with that.  I don't want these squids that don't know what they're doing bouncing off moguls into my lane.  Not that I ride moguls but if I did  😉

And another rant on the video how he tries to make the uncoupled thing not a big deal.  There's trade offs with all this stuff.  To say there isn't is bs.  A sled that pulls the skis at will, you will be dealing with ski lift in corners.  Period.  Yes you can manage for that but that means you can't be nearly as aggressive with the throttle at any point in a corner, compared to a more planted sled.  Maybe that's a trade off that you're willing to make but to say it's not an issue at all...well, it's a commercial so..

Oh and more dirtbike comparisons with leaning back in the whoops and skimming.  Like no other snowmobile can do that.  And how he says you can wheelie out of corners by just leaning... Give me a break, why didn't they show him doing that?  That's not how sleds work.  That's just designed to plant that marketing seed in these guys heads like they're going to be the next Jeremy McGrath of snowmobiles.  And you know it works.  Just like how people thought the alpha rail would be cool on trail because they thought you could lean it into corners, that's not how this stuff works.

All that said I think the sled is cool.  I'd have no real use for it but yeah I'd like to try it out for 30 minutes or so to see what it's like but I just don't ride trails where it's constant 2-3' moguls.  Or 2-3" for that matter.  It is made for finland where the trails aren't groomed apparently which that makes sense then.  Or if you ride shitty American trails.

yup, we have 'trail posers' on XCR's, RR's, XRS's and now we'll have Rave posers too.  same applies to the tards trail riding mountain sleds in Wisconsin - I even saw a few this afternoon slaying it on the trail in 7" of fresh snow.  it was impressive.

similar to the Baler in a trail perspective, wheelies on command, but what if I actually want my skis on the ground in a corner, to go fast around a corner?  as you pointed out a huge part of the whole wheelies on command is the uncoupled suspension, and also the power.  even on a coupled suspension the big bores today will pull the skis.   honestly on nicely groomed trails (90% of our local stuff) I prefer my sled not to lift the skis and set them up accordingly and I do 'ride it like a dirtbike' when I'm bored or need to stretch my legs.  uncertain how most people that sit on their ass 99.4% of the time are going to like the Rave, but it will probably still sell well, and BRP will probably have to dumb it down as you said.  I would be interested to see if a 600 version is as much of a wheelie monster or if it would be a better trail sled/ditch banger because less power, but enough.   

6 hours ago, mnstang said:

Also the guy wants it 40% softer.. doing that especially with an uncoupled skid will make weight transfer a much bigger issue.  I can't believe he said he wants it that much softer.  Why not just say the sled isn't for me on the trails I ride?  Probably because the check writer wouldn't like that and buyers know they can revalve/ruin the sled on their own.  40% softer means it's not even in the ballpark for his conditions.  And that's with it set to full soft.  Anyone who actually wants this sled for what it is should get it the first year before they dumb it down for the masses.

correct, so will softer springs in an uncoupled.  can't have our cake and eat it too now, can we? 

in other news, a guy I spoke with on a Renegade XRS this afternoon at an intersection likes his sled, but said it was a bit stiff when he got it and then dialed everything down to make it more trail friendly, which sort've proves our point... right?    

• Thanks 1

then again, look how many morons on the FB ACTR group are removing or going all the way out on the limiters, removing the blocks and trying to lift the skis on their XF's and Riots...?  maybe BRP is onto something here.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

then again, look how many morons on the FB ACTR group are removing or going all the way out on the limiters, removing the blocks and trying to lift the skis on their XF's and Riots...?  maybe BRP is onto something here.

You beat me to it.  I was thinking about that this weekend.  The #1 topic, before oil threads and what's wrong with my sled questions, has to be how can I get my sled to wheelie.  Mind you these are fb groups so it's dumbasses.  But I think there's alot of them out there.

I'd rather ride a ditch than a trail and I'd also rather ride off trail than on trail.  That being said, I still love to ride on trail.  Sled is right up my alley....assuming I fit.  At my height you can't just buy shit though and expect it, I need a test ride.

24 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You beat me to it.  I was thinking about that this weekend.  The #1 topic, before oil threads and what's wrong with my sled questions, has to be how can I get my sled to wheelie.  Mind you these are fb groups so it's dumbasses.  But I think there's alot of them out there.

well, that and 'what's the loudest can?' and 'which LED...?'

the wheelietards have been more prevalent this year though, fo'sho

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I'd rather ride a ditch than a trail and I'd also rather ride off trail than on trail.  That being said, I still love to ride on trail.  Sled is right up my alley....assuming I fit.  At my height you can't just buy shit though and expect it, I need a test ride.

seems like every Doo dealer with half a brain has one, and some are allowing demo-rides.  @XCR1250 said Hayward Powersports has one and has been letting people try it out... on that other site.  honestly, it seems perfect for what you like to do... but the price of admission is certainly up there.  I wonder if one could stick the BCX/BC or SX track in it... like the SX version.

11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

The more sketchy the trail is the more I like it. Banging out miles makes me go to sleep.

groomed trail can be fun for a little bit. 

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yup, we have 'trail posers' on XCR's, RR's, XRS's and now we'll have Rave posers too.  same applies to the tards trail riding mountain sleds in Wisconsin - I even saw a few this afternoon slaying it on the trail in 7" of fresh snow.  it was impressive.

It was really warm here Saturday but the groomed trail was hard, so cooling sucked.. I was taking a break by a bridge waiting for my sled to cool off and a Dragon style RMK went by.. once I let my sled cool off I headed down the trail... about 1 - 2 KM away buddy was on the side of the trail with his hood up sled was done.. It was 45min later and the sled was still 150F I asked buddy if he was watching his temps. It was apparent he was not.  

I cant imagine how hot that sled was with a 2.4 lug and no snow to cool it. When I was on the groomed trail I had to stop more than I could ride, it felt.. There is no need of MTN sleds in this area.. but that is the cool segment. Bigger lug longer track is always cooler....  

I will be interested to see once some real people get their hands on these things.  Its to rich for me but it seems cool. 

Edited by Cwhite138
  • Like 2