Check your account email address ×

Christmas Day storm now looks like the Grinch

• Platinum Contributing Member

JohnDee so take it with a grain of salt but :wtf: 

It's going to be 37 and rain on Christmas here then 44 and rain the next day :wall: 

5-10 DAY FORECAST:

So the big storm for Christmas Day still looks to be a big storm, but all the models were consistent in moving the track of the low significantly to the west. Thus, areas of NE and central MN, the UP and northern WI, which entertained the thoughts of 8-14″+ totals now look to see the precip start out as snow, but then change to a mix and even plain old rain in areas like central MN, most of WI and the eastern UP. As a result, the snow accumulations in these areas from the storm itself look to be on the order of 1-4″, with as much as an inch of some other form of precip (freezing rain, sleet or rain).

The big snows have been pushed back to the east and now look to fall in north central SD, the eastern 2/3rds of ND and far NW MN from later Saturday into Sunday.

Now, before ALL hope is lost, I will say that even though the models are in relatively good agreement on the details with this system, it is still far enough out in the forecast that I do not want to put high confidence in the details. Confidence in today’s forecast is higher than yesterday and the chances of going back to something more like what was seen in yesterday’s forecast is only about 20%, there is a chance!

Beyond that low, some LES would fall in the UP and NWL MI for later Monday into Tuesday.

There are even ideas of an area of low pressure to develop in the S. Plains and hook NE into the SE Midwest by the second half of next week- laying down some significant snows in areas like E. IA. SE MN, much of WI, the UP and lower MI.

Temps will warm to above freezing in most of the region by the weekend and then fall back to below freezing for most of the region for the first half of next week.

11-16 DAY FORECAST:

The outlook for this time frame sees temps to run near average, with highs to remain below freezing in the Northwoods and perhaps the northern 1/2 of the Midwest. No big storms are seen, but there could be a couple of smaller snow events for areas mainly north of I-80 and some moderate LES looks to fall, but nothing too major..

http://johndee.com/forecasts/forecast-text/

Completely sucks!   Calling for 49 and rain here now on Sunday.  We had a great start but no sledding cause deer seasons were still going on.   

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Such a frustrating sport....cold a fuck here for the most part....next to no snow.

I've got a sled I take to the track in the summer but then it's 90+ degrees out and need to be in full leathers :lol::wall:

13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

20160824_192002.jpg

Sweet.   I've been looking for a good 2001-2002 mach to add to my stable.  Really like to find a nice 2001-2002 SRX as well.  Old boys are getting hard to find in good shape.

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Sweet.   I've been looking for a good 2001-2002 mach to add to my stable.  Really like to find a nice 2001-2002 SRX as well.  Old boys are getting hard to find in good shape.

Theres a few up here in nookville ive been looking at....Id really like to find a 99 special edition mach z.... Preferably #128 out 400...its the one had new back then....

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I know of a 2003 Mach Z  that was just put up for sale in New York. Mint

40 minutes ago, Dave said:

Theres a few up here in nookville ive been looking at....Id really like to find a 99 special edition mach z.... Preferably #128 out 400...its the one had new back then....

A good clean Mike Houle 99 Mach Z is getting hard to find and more and more expensive too

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

A good clean Mike Houle 99 Mach Z is getting hard to find and more and more expensive too

Ya ive got my eyes on one in Manitoba...guys asking 4500.

5 hours ago, Skidooski said:

i know of a nice one.....6 km from me

18 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

no clue if its forsale. 

i can ask his wife.   6 hours north of the USA Canada border in Manitoba.

Never mind for that's a bit too far for me. Thanks though

30 minutes ago, Polarissledder said:

They are calling for another foot on the ground by boxing day in Southern Manitoba...  This winter is shaping up to be the best year ever.

Got 3" overnight, supposed to get another inch or 2 by tomorrow....

Lets hope everyone can ride by the new year.

Just zip it!

:lol: