Jump to content

USXC/COR Cross Country


Recommended Posts

  • Crnr2Crnr changed the title to USXC/COR Cross Country
7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Day 1 - Cable WI

Selby had the fastest lap, Herf was leading - don't know much else.  Where's @Fast 440?

In other news, Herf's F7 'Joker' Graphics - AWESOME!!!
https://www.facebook.com/HerfindahlRacing/photos/pcb.3905846746133136/3905843832800094
 

Not a big fan of Purple on my sled anymore... I think I am still scared by the 1996 XCR. LOL

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was up there Saturday, 5ish minute lap times, today was 20 seconds faster? Must have rerouted around some of the slushy areas? Was really bummed about the last 2 races yesterday getting postponed, although the freezing fog/rain was not safe to race in. Fun to watch in person for sure!

DAB2DD36-3181-416E-9456-7DA88B1E42C1.jpeg

76698B59-9894-4B1D-9997-B6200CAC5A40.jpeg

F0E6DCBD-CF82-4114-B5EB-F7D037D4479B.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Potatodigger1 said:

Was up there Saturday, 5ish minute lap times, today was 20 seconds faster? Must have rerouted around some of the slushy areas? Was really bummed about the last 2 races yesterday getting postponed, although the freezing fog/rain was not safe to race in. Fun to watch in person for sure!

DAB2DD36-3181-416E-9456-7DA88B1E42C1.jpeg

76698B59-9894-4B1D-9997-B6200CAC5A40.jpeg

F0E6DCBD-CF82-4114-B5EB-F7D037D4479B.jpeg

thanks for the info PD

Saturday https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/5982927
Sunday https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/5982919

no brands or teams listed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the 129 does good on the lakes, still befuddled why they stopped offering any production 129's?

this is a cool short clip of Herf rounding the bend  https://fb.watch/2_7NmFNMhu/

The why part is simple.  The less offerings makes manufacturing process easier and more importantly, cheaper.  Less parts to source and stock, simpler manufacturing.  Same reason estart-only offerings or other options that they don't offer (colors, tracks, shocks, windshields, graphics... Anything)

So that's why.  Now whether you think that's a wise decision by cat, is a whole different topic.  My opinion they need to step up their manufacturing process so they can offer these things.  They could offer the same sleds but just giving track, shock, and coloring options would drastically improve their sales.  

I have a feeling the plant is ran by people that are unwilling to change their ways as this would require a complete restructure in how they currently operate and the logistics of the process.  They can't keep doing it the same way, people want options.  Especially when it's all parts that they already offer.

You should be able to order a zr8000 and then decide what headlight, shocks, track, windshield, colors you want.  The choices could be just from parts they already offer so it wouldn't even require new parts!  It would just take a different process in the plant to accommodate this kind of manufacturing.  They have to do it and won't succeed until they can do this, imo.  They should go send some of these cat people to any auto assembly line tour.  If these cat guys can't get it done then get somebody who can it's not rocket science

Edited by mnstang
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mnstang said:

The why part is simple.  The less offerings makes manufacturing process easier and more importantly, cheaper.  Less parts to source and stock, simpler manufacturing.  Same reason estart-only offerings or other options that they don't offer (colors, tracks, shocks, windshields, graphics... Anything)

So that's why.  Now whether you think that's a wise decision by cat, is a whole different topic.  My opinion they need to step up their manufacturing process so they can offer these things.  They could offer the same sleds but just giving track, shock, and coloring options would drastically improve their sales.  

I have a feeling the plant is ran by people that are unwilling to change their ways as this would require a complete restructure in how they currently operate and the logistics of the process.  They can't keep doing it the same way, people want options.  Especially when it's all parts that they already offer.

You should be able to order a zr8000 and then decide what headlight, shocks, track, windshield, colors you want.  The choices could be just from parts they already offer so it wouldn't even require new parts!  It would just take a different process in the plant to accommodate this kind of manufacturing.  They have to do it and won't succeed until they can do this, imo.  They should go send some of these cat people to any auto assembly line tour.  If these cat guys can't get it done then get somebody who can it's not rocket science

right, but what's amazing is that for years they made 129's, 137's and different skid lengths.  it's not like they have 5 different types of machines coming down the line sequentially.   today is Monday, and we're building orange Riot 1.35"s , tomorrow we're building 165" Alpha's, Wednesday we're building ZR137's, Thursday ZR129's and Friday we're building Blast M's.  it's not rocket science, and all the sleds come down the same line, I believe.  

idk, it's up to them to come up with and market products they can sell - but the not even offering rubs me the wrong way. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Textron is a big company.  Everything is economy of scale.  The question is how many orders do you lose by stopping the production of a 12x and if the money lost there compensates for the quantity.  They don't sell enough to offer variety as it would be a source of loss for them.  Until they step up their game and build something people buy the choices will get smaller and smaller or Textron will quickly be super disinterested in sleds...if they aren't already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Textron is a big company.  Everything is economy of scale.  The question is how many orders do you lose by stopping the production of a 12x and if the money lost there compensates for the quantity.  They don't sell enough to offer variety as it would be a source of loss for them.  Until they step up their game and build something people buy the choices will get smaller and smaller or Textron will quickly be super disinterested in sleds...if they aren't already.

It takes money to make money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mnstang said:

It takes money to make money.

to make $ you have to offer things for sale that buyers want, in masses.

12 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

That isn't relevant.  Companies don't buy companies to lose money on them.

it's completely up to Textron to make sure that 'Arctic Cat' is producing products that the masses actually want to buy to make $ which they might reinvest into AC and future products.  Polaris & Doo figured it out, and Cat made a fortune a few decades ago - then squandered it.  as I see it, unless they do something revolutionary with sleds - or at best current with the other brands we'll keep seeing the Procross 3.0/4.0/5.0 etc. or quite possibly there won't be a snowmobile division much longer.  that prospect is bad not just for Cat loyalists but the entire industry and the future of the sport.  IMO  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

That isn't relevant.  Companies don't buy companies to lose money on them.

Yes it's perfectly relevant.  And I never said or implied they do.  Don't be a douche

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

to make $ you have to offer things for sale that buyers want, in masses.

it's completely up to Textron to make sure that 'Arctic Cat' is producing products that the masses actually want to buy to make $ which they might reinvest into AC and future products.  Polaris & Doo figured it out, and Cat made a fortune a few decades ago - then squandered it.  as I see it, unless they do something revolutionary with sleds - or at best current with the other brands we'll keep seeing the Procross 3.0/4.0/5.0 etc. or quite possibly there won't be a snowmobile division much longer.  that prospect is bad not just for Cat loyalists but the entire industry and the future of the sport.  IMO  

Yes and to offer things that people want, it takes money.  Just like I said.  Wtf is wrong with you two did you get into ramstads paint chip collection?  The entire industry and future if the sport is fucked.  At least the trail riding side of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yes it's perfectly relevant.  And I never said or implied they do.  Don't be a douche

Yes and to offer things that people want, it takes money.  Just like I said.  Wtf is wrong with you two did you get into ramstads paint chip collection?  The entire industry and future if the sport is fucked.  At least the trail riding side of it.

not sure, Bobby sent me something from Alaska - good stuff!??!!!        :lol:

 

SelfassuredCourageousBlackrhino-small.gif

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yes it's perfectly relevant.  And I never said or implied they do.  Don't be a douche

Yes and to offer things that people want, it takes money.  Just like I said.  Wtf is wrong with you two did you get into ramstads paint chip collection?  The entire industry and future if the sport is fucked.  At least the trail riding side of it.

Trail riding will die at some point.. people just complain about anything these days..
https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/bergen/ridgewood/2021/01/05/ridgewood-nj-health-barn-pickleball/4130086001/

pussification of the nation. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...