Check your account email address ×

• USA Contributing Member

OK I have a 2015 Ski Doo MXZ TNT 800R etec with no spare belt.  Looking online and prices are anywhere from $50's to $200 bucks?  Trying to figure out what the differences before I go to the dealer and have him rape me for the same thing I could have bought on line.  Where's the Ski Doo pros that can tell me which is the best belt to get.  I don't mind spending for what I need just don't want to buy a piece of crap or get ripped off.

26 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

OK I have a 2015 Ski Doo MXZ TNT 800R etec with no spare belt.  Looking online and prices are anywhere from $50's to $200 bucks?  Trying to figure out what the differences before I go to the dealer and have him rape me for the same thing I could have bought on line.  Where's the Ski Doo pros that can tell me which is the best belt to get.  I don't mind spending for what I need just don't want to buy a piece of crap or get ripped off.

383 is fine if it's worked for you so far.  They are cheap.  The CF one is a 391 (I believe) and considerably more $$$$  but, much stronger belt.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

just buy the gates,  it's a good belt for half the money of a 383/391.   Hell I'll look to see if i still have a gates in my bag and send it to you if i do i'm never going to need it.  

Side x side for summer?

29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

uses a different belt

how far from you to derby,  just messaged a guy about one up there with 600 miles on it and a bunch of accessories i would have done.  

Half hour to Derby. Gary is about 15 minutes and goes there often.

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

The 383 is a safe bet and usually a few buck cheaper, the 377 holds up OK and an older 166 works too

391 is what you wanna run on an 800 etec if you ride more than putt putt, they hold up much better. 391s are hard to find though as they have been discontinued, now you have to buy the 8fiddy version which I can't remember the number off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was going to say that an Ultimax would be good as a spare...are they? 

I tried a gates carbon belt and it grenaded at 110 on a big straight away after 1100 miles, never had a Doo belt grenade on me less than 2500 miles, but I change preemptively at 2k

Edited by GGNHL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was going to say that an Ultimax would be good as a spare...are they? 

The ultimax always pulled 150 rpm higher because it was harder compound than the factory Polaris belts. They also accelerated primary clutch sheave wear. Maybe that’s changed now. It wasn’t a big deal, but I had to tune around the harder compound material. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

391 is what you wanna run on an 800 etec if you ride more than putt putt, they hold up much better. 391s are hard to find though as they have been discontinued, now you have to buy the 8fiddy version which I can't remember the number off the top of my head.

I tried a gates carbon belt and it grenaded at 110 on a big straight away after 1100 miles, never had a Doo belt grenade on me less than 2500 miles, but I change preemptively at 2k

Agree.  I don’t understand guys who spend thousands sledding - 10K plus on a sled, 5K on a trailer, 2K on accessories, 1k on gear, when saddle-bagging trips average a $1-1.50/mile to ride when factoring in gas, oil, food, lodging, transportation, permits, etc but worry about saving $50 on a subpar belt.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

Odd, that's all we use for our 300+ HP race sleds, never blew a Gates Carbon belt but we do change any belt if they shows any wear, I'm on the 3rd. year with the same Gate's belt, no idea on the miles though.

22 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Odd, that's all we use for our 300+ HP race sleds, never blew a Gates Carbon belt but we do change any belt if they shows any wear, I'm on the 3rd. year with the same Gate's belt, no idea on the miles though.

Yeah I imagine you guys are changing those at 300 to 500 miles on those race sleds, probably less knowing the force exerted from HP like that. 

8 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Yeah I imagine you guys are changing those at 300 to 500 miles on those race sleds, probably less knowing the force exerted from HP like that. 

I changed belts cause the 1115 & 1075 Poo belts were failing on 2 of the 4 Drag sleds so I thought to try something else, sent an E-Mail to Gates and Dayco, the answers I received sorta convinced me to try the C Gates belts, so far anyhow I like them...

42 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Agree.  I don’t understand guys who spend thousands sledding - 10K plus on a sled, 5K on a trailer, 2K on accessories, 1k on gear, when saddle-bagging trips average a $1-1.50/mile to ride when factoring in gas, oil, food, lodging, transportation, permits, etc but worry about saving $50 on a subpar belt.  

Because not all aftermarket belts are sub parts   . You really think doo has a belt factory out there ? 

You blow a deyco they send you a new for just the cost of the ride . 

I always flat spot them long before bpwing one any way 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

Because not all aftermarket belts are sub parts   . You really think doo has a belt factory out there ? 

You blow a deyco they send you a new for just the cost of the ride . 

I always flat spot them long before bpwing one any way 

He doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about....and sure as fuck doesn't know what you are talking about either.  :lmao:

55 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Not everyone that rides has that much invested. The guy riding a $1500-$2000 sled is having just as much fun though. :thumb:

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Damn - I should have checked with the powerline racer.....

He has the pit coat to prove it. :lol:

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Not everyone that rides has that much invested. The guy riding a $1500-$2000 sled is having just as much fun though. :thumb:

He has the pit coat to prove it. :lol:

I agree for the local rider on dated iron. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GGNHL said:

The 391 is a great belt but it's a hard belt does not like being bound up as a spare and it's the most expensive.