Check your account email address ×

Racing - ISOC SX, COR XC, Iron Dog, the GD SOO!!!

27 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Is the erx national going to be contained to just that main infield area by the main building where the amateur area is or are they making a track out back?

I haven't heard , tbh I would think it would have to be up front or they're gonna have to make a hell of alot of snow in a short time. I am curious how its going to work out for all of us working the event.

5 hours ago, mnstang said:

Is the erx national going to be contained to just that main infield area by the main building where the amateur area is or are they making a track out back?

Man, it’s sure be cool if they made it out back also.  I don’t see it though.

13 hours ago, Bontz said:

Hell yeah, I'd be all over that if it happens!!!  We're supposed to be up there for an annual trip the following Wednesday - Sunday but screw it ... I may just make it a full week and then some if there's snow.

I'm not counting on snow but know you frequent that area.   Has Polaris sent you a new set of nipple tassles?

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

That'd be fun for sure.  Is it open to members that aren't banned also?  Meh....I'll still be 1000 miles away but, I'll be with you all in spirit!

Yasiel Puig Cheerleader Rookie Hazing GIF | Gfycat

you've lost weight, and are looking a bit pale my friend.

11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Same.  No snow I don't think I will make the drive...but assuming there is, it sounds fun!

optimistic, like me.  it's probably a shorter drive for you though.  bring the new Vette, we'll go drifting between events.  

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

I only care about the God damned SOO

that was already cancelled on page 1, please try to keep up.

10 hours ago, fortune46x said:

it would be fun but ill be at a fanless erx

not if they finally get a camera into the tech inspection area this year instead of making women try to put on 14 FXR coats or make the crowd do the Macarena.

where's the ISOC suggestion box for 'time fillers'?

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I wish I was gonna be there with you.

Crying John Simm GIF - Crying JohnSimm - Discover & Share GIFs

8 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I haven't heard , tbh I would think it would have to be up front or they're gonna have to make a hell of alot of snow in a short time. I am curious how its going to work out for all of us working the event.

4 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

No spectators at erx national.

13 hours ago, Bontz said:

Hell yeah, I'd be all over that if it happens!!!  We're supposed to be up there for an annual trip the following Wednesday - Sunday but screw it ... I may just make it a full week and then some if there's snow.

I'm not counting on snow but know you frequent that area.   Has Polaris sent you a new set of nipple tassles?

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

That'd be fun for sure.  Is it open to members that aren't banned also?  Meh....I'll still be 1000 miles away but, I'll be with you all in spirit!

Yasiel Puig Cheerleader Rookie Hazing GIF | Gfycat

you've lost weight, and are looking a bit pale my friend.

11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Same.  No snow I don't think I will make the drive...but assuming there is, it sounds fun!

optimistic, like me.  it's probably a shorter drive for you though.  bring the new Vette, we'll go drifting between events.  

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

I only care about the God damned SOO

that was already cancelled on page 1, please try to keep up.

it would be fun but ill be at a fanless erx

not if they finally get a camera into the tech inspection area this year instead of making women try to put on 14 FXR coats or make the crowd do the Macarena.

where's the ISOC suggestion box for 'time fillers'?

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I wish I was gonna be there with you.

Crying John Simm GIF - Crying JohnSimm - Discover & Share GIFs

wierdo

9 hours ago, fortune46x said:

wet wood chips, sprinkled with cocaine

4 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

No spectators at erx national.

but at least they are racing, which is fantastic!

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

but at least they are racing, which is fantastic!

Yes sir! Hopefully the livestream is good so I can watch a random person put on those 10 coats at once while having a cold one in the garage. 

49 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:( fucking GM piece of shit built it for midgets.  I don't fit.  Never brought it home.  So frustrating.

28 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

:( fucking GM piece of shit built it for midgets.  I don't fit.  Never brought it home.  So frustrating.

you can't blame GM for your own awkward genetic makeup

easy $ was taking delivery and flipping it, which I gather by your comment you didn't partake in

what are your realistic affordable sports car options these days though short of a 'spyder'?  IDK, as I'm 5'10" and fit in most anything with a roof.

maybe something older and possibly British?  there's always good deals on Aston's if you can overcome electrical goblins and the older tech.

one car I plan to look for further down the road when their new flavor and price has worn off it is the AMG GT

but alas, Cross Country racing on Jan 9/10 is happening       

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

@Crnr2Crnr - not sure if Bobby, Alex Deters , or if you'd just go to the super cheese with Carl but the contact info is here - https://snocross.com/about/contact/

Funny thing you mentioned wet wood chips - back in the early 2010's Kirk Hibbert, a few of the cat race guys and some of the cat racers put together a track using soggy wet hay to lubricate slide rails and they started testing in the fall doing it. He was telling me about it in 2018 at one of the nationals - it was interesting to hear about especially after they used to do chip cross at haydays for a few years there. it would be fun to see something like that but man , the wear and tear on engines I would think would be intense.

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you can't blame GM for your own awkward genetic makeup

easy $ was taking delivery and flipping it, which I gather by your comment you didn't partake in

Hey, I am normal size, everyone else is just under tall.  As for not taking it home it was easier to sell before paying sales tax :).  As for what I fit in there is nothing burning me to buy atm as that was a monster bummer 

Edited by Deephaven

12 hours ago, mnstang said:

Call erx a protest.

What if we all showed up to protest vs and Joe Pishgar.

This is a good idea and if the management at ERX decided there was nothing they could do but sell them beverages...oh well.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Hey, I am normal size, everyone else is just under tall.  As for not taking it home it was easier to sell before paying sales tax :).  As for what I fit in there is nothing burning me to buy atm as that was a monster bummer 

It’s hard to look cool getting in and out of a vette for sure.

On 12/16/2020 at 3:26 PM, Cwhite138 said:

will you make it have tunnel dump twins??  I don't even know what the point is... but it sure looks cool 

image.png.2416f279b79a2124b24f3de6086ea946.png

That is literally the snowmobile hillbilly equivalent of pick up truck box mounted stacks. For real. 

13 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I’m 6’3” and not small. I work on them nearly everyday. I’ll take a C8 over a C7 ANYfuckingDAY for interior space. 

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This is a good idea and if the management at ERX decided there was nothing they could do but sell them beverages...oh well.

I should take a video of me getting into and out of one next week when I have one to drive for a few days. You want to talk about a monkey fucking a football. But I fit. Barely. LOL! 

The tunnel dump twins were cool , they actually started in the 2000's when "hotseat peformance" was the key polaris perfomance provider - there were a ton of mods in those days that used that same setup. The idea behind it is its a straighter pipe which = more hp.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I’m 6’3” and not small. I work on them nearly everyday. I’ll take a C8 over a C7 ANYfuckingDAY for interior space. 

I don't fit in the 7 either.  I get about 1" more of headroom in the 8, but am a good 3" short of what is needed.  Everything about the 8 is better than the 7...but not for me :(

Just now, Deephaven said:

I don't fit in the 7 either.  I get about 1" more of headroom in the 8, but am a good 3" short of what is needed.  Everything about the 8 is better than the 7...but not for me :(

See for me, my head will tap the roof B pillar with a hat on. Otherwise, I just recline the seat back enough so I can tuck down under it. I don’t fit into a Vert without the top down. Headroom is even less in those. My knees literally touch the knee bolsters in a C7 no matter what I do. I can at least put my hand between my knees and the bolster on a C8. The 8 is a REALLY good car. Honestly when the time comes for me to finally buy something fun like that, I’ll probably get a 6th Gen ZL1. I absolutely love those god damn things. 

13 hours ago, fortune46x said:

@Crnr2Crnr - not sure if Bobby, Alex Deters , or if you'd just go to the super cheese with Carl but the contact info is here - https://snocross.com/about/contact/

Funny thing you mentioned wet wood chips - back in the early 2010's Kirk Hibbert, a few of the cat race guys and some of the cat racers put together a track using soggy wet hay to lubricate slide rails and they started testing in the fall doing it. He was telling me about it in 2018 at one of the nationals - it was interesting to hear about especially after they used to do chip cross at haydays for a few years there. it would be fun to see something like that but man , the wear and tear on engines I would think would be intense.

some local racers and ironically volunteer firemen had a wood chip covered test track here in the early 80's they used to soak down for test hits.  also recall Tim Bender used to test on wet stuff in the fall.  not ideal for durability but when running for a few minutes... dial in. 

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

white velcro New Balance sneakers help...

The tunnel dump twins were cool , they actually started in the 2000's when "hotseat peformance" was the key polaris perfomance provider - there were a ton of mods in those days that used that same setup. The idea behind it is its a straighter pipe which = more hp.

hard to incorporate trail friendly muffler(s) into the race sled layout, but it looks cool as hell.

10 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I’ll probably get a 6th Gen ZL1. I absolutely love those god damn things. 

they giddyu p but are right at a C8 $ with a few good options.  drove a 1LE variation briefly, and wished I was on a track to see just how far it could actually go. 

9 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Yeah it’s really too bad that the only thing built for tall guys anymore is trucks. 

@Deephaven has options as long as he doesn't wear a stetson.