Check your account email address ×

Over 100,000 hospitalized with the covid.

14 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Only 600,000 died of cancer last year. Not too horrible either. And most of them were old fuckers. 

Yep every body dies 

This thing is helping keep SS solvent for another 5 yrs . Win win 

Hell covid almost deserves so sort of fiscal award 

Edited by Ez ryder

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Your employer pay isn’t enough SBYL

They pay for my insurance now....  it might actually get cheaper as insurance premiums wouldn’t have to pickup the slack for the uninsured.  My union would still make my employer pickup my health insurance as paying for health insurance is pay to play dumb dumb..

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, BOHICA said:

They pay for my insurance now....  it might actually get cheaper as insurance premiums wouldn’t have to pickup the slack for the uninsured.  My union would still make my employer pickup my health insurance as paying for health insurance is pay to play dumb dumb..

I’m talking about complete standalone - no insurance - nothing.  You want hospitals?  You want clinics?  You want pharma?  You want doctors? Pay for it 100% on your own.  No employer match.  No employer dollars to help.  Take your money and supper the system.  You can’t.  I can’t.  Nobody on here could afford access to the system.  

Remember we started down this path that 300,000 dead is no biggie out of 320 million.  600K per year dead from cancer is no biggie.  So why have a healthcare system at all of none of these deaths are a big deal.  Just culling the weak.  Want a healthcare system?  Pay for it.  And you can’t afford to.  

102-year-old woman defeats COVID-19 twice

Kevin Byrne

A 102-year-old woman who survived the Spanish flu pandemic a century ago has now survived COVID-19 not once, but twice. Angelina Friedman, who resides at the North Westchester Restorative Therapy and Nursing Center in Mohegan Lake, New York, first tested positive for the coronavirus in March after being taken to a hospital for a medical procedure, according to NBC News. After testing negative in April, Friedman would contract the virus again shortly before her birthday in October. Friedman's daughter, Joanne Merola, said the second bout with the virus was worse than the first. "She had a cough, she was lethargic, she had a fever again," Merola said. "The first time you wouldn't know she was sick," Merola told NBC News.

After being put into isolation and receiving treatment, Friedman was able to return to her room last month, NBC News said. Friedman, who has also survived cancer, was born on a ship coming from Italy to America during the height of the Spanish flu in 1918, according to Pix 11 in New York City. “She is not human,” Merola told Pix 11 back in the spring. “She has super human DNA.”

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I’m talking about complete standalone - no insurance - nothing.  You want hospitals?  You want clinics?  You want pharma?  You want doctors? Pay for it 100% on your own.  No employer match.  No employer dollars to help.  Take your money and supper the system.  You can’t.  I can’t.  Nobody on here could afford access to the system.  

Remember we started down this path that 300,000 dead is no biggie out of 320 million.  600K per year dead from cancer is no biggie.  So why have a healthcare system at all of none of these deaths are a big deal.  Just culling the weak.  Want a healthcare system?  Pay for it.  And you can’t afford to.  

I have a labor union.  Pay dues.    We would have group insurance negotiated in a pay for play system like we have now...  health insurance make billions.  Hospitals are profitable.  Only allow those with insurance use the system or those that want to be self insured.  Kick the leeches out of the system that don’t pay.  Simple.  

my 2 covid test this year weren’t free.  My insurance paid...  I have the EOB’s

many are getting test that don’t pay at all.. bunch of bs

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I have a labor union.  Pay dues.    We would have group insurance negotiated in a pay for play system like we have now...  health insurance make billions.  Hospitals are profitable.  Only allow those with insurance use the system or those that want to be self insured.  Kick the leeches out of the system that don’t pay.  Simple.  

my 2 covid test this year weren’t free.  My insurance paid...  I have the EOB’s

many are getting test that don’t pay at all.. bunch of bs

You’re missing the hypothetical point.  No insurance.  Period.  You are not wealthy enough to pay straight up out of pocket for a complete standalone system.  Remember - no need doe a system that only saves a few irrelevant lives here and there.  

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Deaths/
1M pop
Total
Tests
Tests/
1M pop
Population
  World 66,381,662 +169,945 1,527,408 +3,787 45,962,534 18,891,720 106,059 8,516 196.0      

USA 14,779,101 +6,566 285,705 +155 8,663,720 5,829,676 26,147 44,538 861 203,952,517 614,623 331,833,330

Why is it you can't cut and paste things without fucking up the page? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Why is it you can't cut and paste things without fucking up the page? :lol:

Ya know you're right, I tried to do this 3 times and that's what happened each time, computers hate me..LOL

Edited by XCR1250

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You’re missing the hypothetical point.  No insurance.  Period.  You are not wealthy enough to pay straight up out of pocket for a complete standalone system.  Remember - no need doe a system that only saves a few irrelevant lives here and there.  

Insurance is pay to play dumb dumb....  that is what you don’t get

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Insurance is pay to play dumb dumb....  that is what you don’t get

You’re missing the point.  No pay to play.  Pay straight up or do t get the service along with the entire system needs to supported by a handful of people propping it up.  It would be only foe the very very rich - which excludes you and me 

• Gold Member
41 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You’re missing the point.  No pay to play.  Pay straight up or do t get the service along with the entire system needs to supported by a handful of people propping it up.  It would be only foe the very very rich - which excludes you and me 

Look at insurance as a health savings account....  I just draw out of it and pay for my medical needs as needed thru that fat insurance account

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Look at insurance as a health savings account....  I just draw out of it and pay for my medical needs as needed thru that fat insurance account

You’re not putting your money in it.  Eliminate it and pay straight outta pocket 

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You’re not putting your money in it.  Eliminate it and pay straight outta pocket 

Yes I am....  every bit of my employer paid premiums is mine.  It’s part of my hourly wage dummy.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Yes I am....  every bit of my employer paid premiums is mine.  It’s part of my hourly wage dummy.  

Your measly hourly wage premiums don’t support the system on their own :lol: 

• Gold Member
Just now, SnowRider said:

Your measly hourly wage premiums don’t support the system on their own :lol: 

It’s like 25,000 a year that my labor has put into my health insurance.  Been at it 22 years now....  there is a good chunk of change I can use that I haven’t needed to yet

14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

It’s like 25,000 a year that my labor has put into my health insurance.  Been at it 22 years now....  there is a good chunk of change I can use that I haven’t needed to yet

Great.  Those peanuts don’t support a system entirely on their own.  

One procedure and you’re broke.  Plus who’s supporting a completely standalone system in the meantime? 

Edited by SnowRider

18 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

or is that Republican math where 5 million more votes in a democracy = losing 

A democracy is mob rule. A democratic republic is how we mange to pull that off.

So either start using 'American math', or clamp it and save yourself the embarrassment...

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Damn, how many times do you have to explain it to him.  But you are not following snowbeavis and his narrative so you must not be getting it.   FFS. the guy is just a plain ignoramus.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:53 AM, old indy said:

Easy.     no one really believe Biden got that many leagal votes,  accept the TDS riddled loons.      Just as at the hight of this pandemic this spring, the largest covid hospital in Massachusetts never housed more than 50 people with covid-19         they treated 70 people,,, 70 TOTAL.      the cost of EACH of those patients was probably 3/4s of a million dollars.   hows that for math.

Oh and  no one died.

No one believed he got that many legal votes?  Well it sure seems like the Republican governors believe it. Along with judges appointed by Trump who laughed Trump’s lawyers out of court. 

How many lawyers dropped lying Trump?  When a lawyer won’t even take your money, that may give you a clue how bad the case is. 

I’m not sure how obvious it will have to be before Trump’s cult will accept the loss.

The same people that told Gore to get over a 500 vote loss in crooked Florida are supporting Trump over 20,000 vote deficits. 

• Like 1