Check your account email address ×

Why did US incomes suddenly explode in 2018 after decades of tepid growth?

jtssrx

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

QE and easy credit have been going on since Bush nice try

Ah no.....the Fed was attempting to unwind their balance sheet slightly and normalize rates just a 1/2 point in late 2018 and the market threw such a fucking fit it dropped lower than shutting the whole economy down. 

QE and the expanding balance sheet had ended in 2015 under Obama.

Instead of massively increasing spending and slashing taxes we should have been normalizing fiscal policy under Trump and his decent economy. 

What we have now is a completely destroyed market that is so overly dependent on QE and Stimulus we will never be able to see interest rates above 0% or any type of contraction in the feds position as the main driver in any gdp growth.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Ah no.....the Fed was attempting to unwind their balance sheet slightly and normalize rates just a 1/2 point in late 2018 and the market threw such a fucking fit it dropped lower than shutting the whole economy down. 

Instead of massively increasing spending and slashing taxes we should have been normalizing fiscal policy under Trump and his decent economy. 

What we have now is a completely destroyed market that is so overly dependent on QE and Stimulus we will never be able to see interest rates above 0% or any type of contraction in the feds position as the main driver in any gdp growth.

and yet because you won't play the game you lost money.   Get on the great gravy train man.  

• Haha 1

Just now, f7ben said:

It's all bad. I know it's going to explode at some point. 

16 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

If your statement is true then wages should've been increasing since the Bush years. They didn't 

Ok then do you think it had anything to do with the extra half a trillion per year Trump spent? 

Just now, Anler said:

Ok then do you think it had anything to do with the extra half a trillion per year Trump spent? 

Both Bush and Obama doubled the Debt and no one saw an increase in wealth. The reason this happened in my opinion is unemployment is at an all-time low. Companies have to pay people to keep them. The Popeyes Chicken close to my house is offering 16.00 per hour and a 500.00 signing bonus right now. 

Just now, jtssrx said:

Both Bush and Obama doubled the Debt and no one saw an increase in wealth. The reason this happened in my opinion is unemployment is at an all-time low. Companies have to pay people to keep them. The Popeyes Chicken close to my house is offering 16.00 per hour and a 500.00 signing bonus right now. 

And Trump out spent Obama. I've been playing this game 30 years now, govt spending drives the market... for now at least. 

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Popeyes ftmfw!

49 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Wages have spiraled up since covid. A lot of players are sitting home on unemployment benefits. There’s a massive worker shortage here. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Anler said:

For sure. Was just talking to woodtick about this. Many are leaving the city and moving to the northwoods because of remote working. Try buying furniture up north right now. Try to buy a lawn tractor, a side by side, a snowmobile, etc.. they are selling like hotcakes. 

But the govt debt bubble is a lynch pin that sets it all off. Local to state to federal debt is a bomb that keeps getting bigger without any plan to mitigate it. And now they are in a position where they have to spend their way out of the current mess which only exacerbates the problem. 

The problems compound with the ethnic problems and violence in these cities that were already suffering huge deficits and now you have residents and businesses fleeing those cities? And all they talk about is govt money for this and that. I dont see how this gets better. 

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

There was a 4 week wait to get internet installed at the cabin in Caddy. :lol: I think a lot of folks had the same idea I did...the guy told me they were swamped. 

Real estate is kooky around here right now and a lot of Summer Residents with homes and Condos have said fuck it and appear to be here full time. High end builders are busy as fuck and can’t find enough carpenters. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Real estate is kooky around here right now and a lot of Summer Residents with homes and Condos have said fuck it and appear to be here full time. High end builders are busy as fuck and can’t find enough carpenters. 

the housing market by me has been booming for the last 5-7 years. Now it is absolutely fucking crazy, they cant build fast enough. All Illinoisans fleeing Chicago and Illinois financial problems but still close enough for people who work in the city. Its a bit of a nuisance for me because my commutes are taking longer... >:( 

41 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Wages have spiraled up since covid. A lot of players are sitting home on unemployment benefits. There’s a massive worker shortage here. 

Thanks Donny.  Many here have been saying this but you kept trying to downplay it until now. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

contrary to my portly figure i dontt really like much fried food but chik fil a and popeyes fried chicken sammies are delish.  

Same here...we use the air fryer for fries and other stuff and every once in awhile I grab some fried whitefish from the local joint.

7 hours ago, Anler said:

Some of it but alot was the confidence of people that they would be ok to start expanding for a few yrs at least