Check your account email address ×

Plans for today

Tadpole

Going to put a coat of wax on my son's summer wheels then put them away. I changed out his summer's for winters yesterday and got them all cleaned up. Saturday I will be doing the same with my wife's car.

Over the past few weeks, I've done a brake job on my Ram's fronts, a brake job on my son's rears, washed, waxed, and detailed 3 vehicles, put the boat in storage, pulled the sleds out of storage, raked, blew, mulched numerous bags of leaves, did an oil change/service of my generator, and put things away for the upcoming winter.

Things left to do: Clean out the gutters, pull out the snow blower and fire up, get furnace cleaned (today at 11) then hopefully unload the sleds and give them a bit of a going over. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Have to return a rental compressor. Then go winterize 2 late systems. Probably blow more leaves when I get home. Hang with my dogs.

So sick of blowing leaves.  this weekend should be my last trip around house.  (7th)

looks like most have dropped.   

Its friday...........out with friends  to eat,  have  drinks, and bitch about the work week.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

So sick of blowing leaves.  this weekend should be my last trip around house.  (7th)

Its friday...........out with friends  to eat,  have  drinks, and bitch about the work week.  

Ive been doing leaves an hr or so a day for like 2 weeks.

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

All mature oaks.  every weekend for a month. They get so deep , i will use plow on tractor to push them in woods. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Knocked mine out in an hour this past weekend.💪💪💪

IMG_20201108_121345508_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201108_142504819.jpg

IMG_20201108_121354474_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201108_142510727_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Our leaves have been down for at least 3 weeks already, ground is covered in Snow now.

My neighbor has a big red maple that hangs over my fence and they are always the last to come down for whatever reason? 70-80% are down now but I know I will likely be cleaning up/mulching leaves for another week or so yet? Even my front regular/green maple still has a few leaves on it but its nothing to worry about at this point.

Using my mulching mower and collection bag does a great job as long as you don't wait too long in between mowings. With the amount that it mulches up, it sure makes the bags heavy as you can get way more in them, but it works great as it is also putting leaf dust/small bits back into the lawn which is good for it. 

6 minutes ago, irv said:

My neighbor has a big red maple that hangs over my fence and they are always the last to come down for whatever reason? 70-80% are down now but I know I will likely be cleaning up/mulching leaves for another week or so yet? Even my front regular/green maple still has a few leaves on it but its nothing to worry about at this point.

Using my mulching mower and collection bag does a great job as long as you don't wait too long in between mowings. With the amount that it mulches up, it sure makes the bags heavy as you can get way more in them, but it works great as it is also putting leaf dust/small bits back into the lawn which is good for it. 

I do the same thing, chop/mulch 2 times then bag 'em, then I use the small mulched leaves to cover under ground drain tiles where they come out of my rain gutters and sump pump to prevent freezing, these tiles eventually go to more than 8 feet deep and 350 feet long, I also cover the 2 lids on my Septic tanks with mulched leaves.

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cold War said:

my son needs to run the mower around one last time this weekend.  the few leaves left after that can wait till spring.   he was supposed to do it yesterday but it started raining.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

my son needs to run the mower around one last time this weekend.  the few leaves left after that can wait till spring.   he was supposed to do it yesterday but it started raining.  

You use a mulching plate in the mower shute?

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I got to get my kid up on the roof to clean out the valleys on roof.  I don’t do roof anymore.  Too old to be climbing around .   Whatever is left,  will wait for spring.

20 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

You use a mulching plate in the mower shute?

I use a push mower.   he'll run it with the mulcher blade then with the bag on.   i'm to cheap to buy a tractor when i don;t have to do the mowing.  

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I got to get my kid up on the roof to clean out the valleys on roof.  I don’t do roof anymore.  Too old to be climbing around .   Whatever is left,  will wait for spring.

winds taken care of everything on the roof for me.  gutter guards i put in 4-5 years ago have been great .