Check your account email address ×

Trump eyes digital media empire to take on Fox News

Trump eyes digital media empire to take on Fox News

Source: Axios

President Trump has told friends he wants to start a digital media company to clobber Fox News and undermine the conservative-friendly network, sources tell Axios. 

Here's Trump's plan, according to the source 
* There's been lots of speculation about Trump starting a cable channel. But getting carried on cable systems would be expensive and time-consuming. 
* Instead, Trump is considering a digital media channel that would stream online, which would be cheaper and quicker to start. 
* Trump's digital offering would likely charge a monthly fee to MAGA fans. Many are Fox News viewers, and he'd aim to replace the network — and the $5.99-a-month Fox Nation streaming service, which has an 85% conversation rate from free trials to paid subscribers — as their top destination.

Read more: https://www.axios.com/trump-fox-news-digital-media-competitor-25afddee-144d-4820-8ed4-9eb0ffa42420.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

Future Trump fail

I wish libertarians would do this. Start a media outlet that espoused liberty thru attractive and charismatic people to make it sound sexy AF. Because R's and D's are being radicalized thru their media sources and there is no room for rational discourse on those platforms. Sensible people need a source. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I wish libertarians would do this. Start a media outlet that espoused liberty thru attractive and charismatic people to make it sound sexy AF. Because R's and D's are being radicalized thru their media sources and there is no room for rational discourse on those platforms. Sensible people need a source. 

:bc:  

• Platinum Contributing Member

Add FoxNews, OANN, Breitbart, Newsmax and others and you have a significant portion of the American population.   MC....you can laugh all you want but this would be a successful venture.   If Trump could combine everyone but FoxNews into one network he would destroy them in a matter of a few years.  

24 minutes ago, Anler said:

Never happen cause you need corporate advertising to float you.....and you know what they can do.

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Add FoxNews, OANN, Breitbart, Newsmax and others and you have a significant portion of the American population.   MC....you can laugh all you want but this would be a successful venture.   If Trump could combine everyone but FoxNews into one network he would destroy them in a matter of a few years.  

Never happen. Trump cannot and will not get along with anyone ever. Just another Trump fail.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

That’s not a bad idea. Plenty of folks out there looking for an alternative to the crap the media spews daily. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

People pay $5.99/mo for Fox News? :lol: 

I’ve noticed lately a lot of news outlets on the net changing to this format. They have a set of stories you can read and others you can’t unless you’re a member. Local and national news outlets both are doing it.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

I’ve noticed lately a lot of news outlets on the net changing to this format. They have a set of stories you can read and others you can’t unless you’re a member. Local and national news outlets both are doing it.

Ahhh. Our local give us 10 free reads a month.  After that its subscribe to read.  Fawk them after 10 reads.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Never happen. Trump cannot and will not get along with anyone ever. Just another Trump fail.

True.   Good thing he had a family business to fall back on because if that guy ever had to go to corporate America it would be a complete shit show.  

7 minutes ago, Edmo said:

That’s crazy. There’s no way I’d pay money to listen to lies. Be it Fox News or CNN. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jammin said:

Ahhh. Our local give us 10 free reads a month.  After that its subscribe to read.  Fawk them after 10 reads.  

same.  For awhile at work i could read as many as i want because the ip would change daily but they closed that gap.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

That’s crazy. There’s no way I’d pay money to listen to lies. Be it Fox News or CNN. 

Even the local news are doing it. I’m not paying. If they can’t make it on advertising dollars anymore see ya.

2 hours ago, Anler said:

What the hell are you waiting for?  This is an excellent idea.  You could be cashing in.:bc:

34 minutes ago, hayward said:

What the hell are you waiting for?  This is an excellent idea.  You could be cashing in.:bc:

I know right? Unfortunately I am not smart enough or attractive enough to do that! I am only here to make suggestions! LOL

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, hayward said:

Would it be as popular as a pet cemetery?