Check your account email address ×

Wow ford is garbage tbh

Rod

29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

mine has a little of the 10 spd trans shake off and on which is a common issue i hope they figure out as the GM version is better in my coworkers 21 Tahoe.  

No issues with the 10 speed in the wife’s suburban and the average fuel economy is incredible for such a behemoth 

28 minutes ago, ACE said:

No issues with the 10 speed in the wife’s suburban and the average fuel economy is incredible for such a behemoth 

the one thing i have to say about this F150 with the 3.5eb is the fuel economy is terrible.   16.5 mpg so far with it.   I am sure if i dropped from 80-85 to 70 or so to keep the rpms at under 1500 it would improve but that is not happening.  Only changes I made were removing the auto start/stop.  i am sure the level isn't going to help now that that is done.  

the 10 speed tahoe is getting 20+  driving similar roads.  

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

the one thing i have to say about this F150 with the 3.5eb is the fuel economy is terrible.   16.5 mpg so far with it.   I am sure if i dropped from 80-85 to 70 or so to keep the rpms at under 1500 it would improve but that is not happening.  Only changes I made were removing the auto start/stop.  i am sure the level isn't going to help now that that is done.  

How did you disable the auto stop/start?

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

The Tahoe is getting 20 mpg at 80 or 85?

This I have to see. The difference in mileage from 70 to 80/85 on my truck is huge.

I get 20 or a little more driving 72 or under. 2018 3.5 10sp 4x4 crew. 

Not sticking up for ford, I personally dont like the truck. Next one won't be a ford. Though my trans has been perfect. 

We rented a Tahoe last month on vacation for a week. I liked it other than it was outdated even though it was 2019 or 2020. But GM hasn't built a reliable gas trans in a decade. 

I was on way to buy a RAM in 2018 when I stopped at Ford dealership on way. This fucking truck was all sparkling at me and I ended up never making it to Ram dealer. Such is life.....

Keep in mind these are "initial quality" ratings.  5 years in there will be so many electrical gremlins in a Chrysler they will be ready for scrap.  

My dads brand new F150 already blew a shock with a few hundred miles on it.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

Keep in mind these are "initial quality" ratings.  5 years in there will be so many electrical gremlins in a Chrysler they will be ready for scrap.  

My dads brand new F150 already blew a shock with a few hundred miles on it.

Yeah no shit, bad shock at 40k easy miles on mine. I put on rebuildable Fox 2.0's all way around. 

• Like 1

google is the easiest way. One of the easiest ways is to stick a trailer plug in the trailer light connector. 

Actually easiest way is to put it in tow/haul mode or sport mode. But thats the same amount of work as pushing button on dash to turn it off.

Ford is junk but the fact dodge is highest on the list is suspect. 

GM 10 speed  is frigging awesome. 

Drove a zr1 camaro with a 10.speed  the other day...so fast so much faster than a six speed not even close 

Edited by washedupmxer

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

How did you disable the auto stop/start?

they make a jumper for the switch for $40.  Pop the dash plug it in between the wire and the shut off button and it shuts it off every time the truck is started.  

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

The Tahoe is getting 20 mpg at 80 or 85?

This I have to see. The difference in mileage from 70 to 80/85 on my truck is huge.

She drives 80 or so on the highway from what i have seen driving with her,  and her commute is almost exactly the same as mine in the highway non highway mix.  i have seen people claiming well over that who drive slow with the 10 speed 5.3 combo.  This eco is significantly worse than my 5.3 6 speed truck. 

27 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Ford is junk but the fact dodge is highest on the list is suspect. 

GM 10 speed  is frigging awesome. 

Drove a zr1 camaro with a 10.speed  the other day...so fast so much faster than a six speed not even close 

The Ford and GM is the same tranny but GM's programming seems to be better which is a shocker given how poor it was on the 6 speeds.   the 10 speed in either the mustang or camaro is excellent,  not as good as a DCT but i'd go that route over a stick i think.  

41 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

The Ford and GM is the same tranny but GM's programming seems to be better which is a shocker given how poor it was on the 6 speeds.   the 10 speed in either the mustang or camaro is excellent,  not as good as a DCT but i'd go that route over a stick i think.  

I'm torn I feel like a muscle car sports car has to have a manual transmission but there is no doubt that the 10-speed automatic is much faster

45 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they make a jumper for the switch for $40.  Pop the dash plug it in between the wire and the shut off button and it shuts it off every time the truck is started.  

She drives 80 or so on the highway from what i have seen driving with her,  and her commute is almost exactly the same as mine in the highway non highway mix.  i have seen people claiming well over that who drive slow with the 10 speed 5.3 combo.  This eco is significantly worse than my 5.3 6 speed truck. 

Eco will win every drag race to the pump for sure.  They suck for fuel economy compared to the GMs.

2 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

I'm torn I feel like a muscle car sports car has to have a manual transmission but there is no doubt that the 10-speed automatic is much faster

I bought my mustang with a stick because I too thought that way but haven driven the new autos just not sure anymore.