Check your account email address ×

The ‘Most Interesting Man’ urges Vermonters to vote early

ckf

BURLINGTON, Vt. (WCAX) - The “Most Interesting Man in the World” is trying to make voting more interesting before the election. Our Ike Bendavid catches up with the former actor and current Vermonter.

“I think we can all agree that 2020 has been interesting,” said Jonathon Goldsmith. On TV and online across the Green Mountain State, the Vermonter and former Dos Equis beer pitchman, has an interesting message of his own. “Anything to get people to get out and get the vote in.”

Goldsmith, known for his role as the “Most Interesting Man in the World” ads, has been living in Vermont for the past decade. This fall, he partnered with the Vermont Secretary of State for a PSA on voting.

Video can be seen at this link. https://www.wcax.com/2020/10/20/the-most-interesting-man-urges-vermonters-to-vote-early/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Voter turnout is important so whatever it takes to encourage people to vote is fine by me!👍🏼🇺🇸

i told my daughter to not bother voting.  Unless she's going to listen to me.  She has no idea really of the issues and the consequence of votes,  there should be a test required for peoples votes to count.    

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i told my daughter to not bother voting.  Unless she's going to listen to me.  She has no idea really of the issues and the consequence of votes,  there should be a test required for peoples votes to count.    

That’s not how it works and your daughter should vote they way she wants,not what you want.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

That’s not how it works and your daughter should vote they way she wants, not what you want.

I agree 100%. Young ones need to know and see the result of their actions whether good or bad. 

My son voted in our last federal election up here, when he was 18, and his views/beliefs were different from my wife's and me but he did ask questions and got educated to the best of his abilities at the time and he voted. I am pretty sure which way he voted, which made me happy, but I still don't know 100% as he didn't tell us nor did he need to. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

That’s not how it works and your daughter should vote they way she wants,not what you want.

IMO college kids living off their parents tits and people who have no clue about the issue should not be voting.   Easy to be a raging liberal on someone else's dime.  

If she had a clue about the issues I would have no issue with her voting,  I've asked her to explain her positions and why she has them and she's not capable of that.  We don't need tik tok led voters.  

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, irv said:

I agree 100%. Young ones need to know and see the result of their actions whether good or bad. 

My son voted in our last federal election up here, when he was 18, and his views/beliefs were different from my wife's and me but he did ask questions and got educated to the best of his abilities at the time and he voted. I am pretty sure which way he voted, which made me happy, but I still don't know 100% as he didn't tell us nor did he need to. 

that is the key to me.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

IMO college kids living off their parents tits and people who have no clue about the issue should not be voting.   Easy to be a raging liberal on someone else's dime.  

If she had a clue about the issues I would have no issue with her voting,  I've asked her to explain her positions and why she has them and she's not capable of that.  We don't need tik tok led voters.  

I've got one of them in the house right now.  18 and never had to live a day yet in the real world.  She ain't ready yet, but I do see Irv and ticker's point of view as well.

34 minutes ago, hayward said:

I've got one of them in the house right now.  18 and never had to live a day yet in the real world.  She ain't ready yet, but I do see Irv and ticker's point of view as well.

mines 19.  She is home this week and could go down and get a ballot if she wants.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

When I was down to Barry's last week he was bitching about today's youth getting taught by a bunch of liberals on how to be a good little liberal, lol  It was a bit of a rant, if you know what I mean  :lmao:

54 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

As far as the presidential vote it's a foregone conclusion Vt's 3 electoral votes will go to the guy that proclaimed his love for Vermont while campaigning in Keene, NH.

NH will probably go that way too.

31 minutes ago, ckf said:

When I was down to Barry's last week he was bitching about today's youth getting taught by a bunch of liberals on how to be a good little liberal, lol  It was a bit of a rant, if you know what I mean  :lmao:

NH will probably go that way too.

i think like in 16 we will be close.    one good thing about a lot of the college kids not being back on campus is maybe they will vote where they really live.  I'd love to see Shaheen, Kuster or Pappas lose.  

Politics has become so intense in 2020, we know of someone ( lady in her late 60's ) that her boy-friend broke up with her, because they were politically opposite.