Check your account email address ×

Operation Warp Speed advisers held investments in COVID vaccine firms, records show

Mainecat

Operation Warp Speed advisers held investments in COVID vaccine firms, records show

Several top officials leading the administration’s effort to develop a coronavirus vaccine at record speed had financial ties to the pharmaceutical companies now competing to develop the much-needed drug, according to disclosures released Tuesday. 

The Department of Health and Human Services financial disclosures, which were released by the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, show that several Operation Warp Speed advisers who were selected by President Donald Trump either held board positions with firms that are currently engaged in coronavirus work, or held securities in firms now contracted to produce vaccines. 

The documents “have heightened concerns that these advisors may have significant undisclosed financial conflicts of interest that, contrary to the Administration’s public statements, have not been adequately addressed,” said Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C., chairman of the subcommittee. 

In a filing dated May 16 that the committee released Tuesday, Operation Warp Speed chief advisor and former head of GlaxoSmithKline vaccine development, Dr. Moncef Slaoui, reported to HHS that he held securities in GlaxoSmithKline and Moderna, Inc., which have contracts with the U.S. government for coronavirus vaccine work, and in the Lonza Group, which was contracted by Moderna to manufacture its vaccine candidate. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/operation-warp-speed-advisers-held-212744756.html

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

And the people on the advisory board aren't likely to have worked for Bed Bath and Beyond or Twitter.

Just now, Matt said:

Lol who doesn't have some pharma stocks in their portfolio? 

One would also think board members would have significant knowledge of the companies capabilities.   Not all board members are like Hunter Biden. 

• Like 2

As it turns out my wife and I each have securities in these firms without even knowing it. O the horror! Chances are a good percentage of the population here do.

There is enough to be concerned about without looking for things to get cranked up over.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, MILFMAN said:

As it turns out my wife and I each have securities in these firms without even knowing it. O the horror! Chances are a good percentage of the population here do.

There is enough to be concerned about without looking for things to get cranked up over.

I went out and purchased Moderna Phar. as soon as I heard they were onto a vaccine.   Needless to say it was a good buy. 

Edited by Highmark