Ski doo 900T renegade first impressions

Rod

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Engine has surprising power 

throttle is awful 

rides ok

handles like ass 

overall 7 out of 10 

Not a fan of the throttle, a little heavy on the front end compared to my 850, otherwise than that, I like it. Still think I'm a 2 stroke guy for the foreseeable future or until I can support having a Summit and a trail sled at the same time

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Throttle is awesome.  4000 miles you learn to love it.  The end.

It doesn't take long to get used to that electronic throttle.

Just now, ACE said:

It’s pure garbage. Handling is quite bad too 

Well Cat does copy Doo's chassis' so its to be expected.  :lol:  

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I think its going to be a while yet before someone comes out with a chassis that can complete with the Polaris Axys and now Matryx... 

I've got very little seat time on the Gen 4 but I have to agree when compared to my YammieCat or XS doo's.     Kind of depends what one wants though too.  

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

I think its going to be a while yet before someone comes out with a chassis that can complete with the Polaris Axys and now Matryx... 

Hear the matryx is really tippy 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I've got very little seat time on the Gen 4 but I have to agree when compared to my YammieCat or XS doo's.     Kind of depends what one wants though too.  

I have some time on a gen 4. Its a nice machine. 

Just now, Anler said:

I have some time on a gen 4. Its a nice machine. 

Says something about sleds when you are just excited for the season knowing you are on the same ride(s) as last season than you would if you had something ordered.   I absolutely fucking love my Poo 850 and Winder.   I am excited to ride a Matrix and put more time on a Gen4. 

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Says something about sleds when you are just excited for the season knowing you are on the same ride(s) as last season than you would if you had something ordered.   I absolutely fucking love my Poo 850 and Winder.   I am excited to ride a Matrix and put more time on a Gen4. 

G4 has some nice things but I was surprised how little they improved that front end since 08

jumping on the axys chassis was immediately more comfortable than the G4 for sure but no one i know doesn't like the G4.   I never spent enough time to get used to it.   Cat owner kept me from buying a procross when i was looking at one because it sucks for taller riders

Edited by Angry ginger
  • Like 1

My 2016 XRS Renegade is still probably the finest riding sleds I've owned however going from either the ProCross or Poo to it makes it instantly clear which rider position is better ergonomically for me.   Really not even a comparison.   That being said my 5'2" wife prefers it over the other two.   Much less rider forward than the other two IMHO. 

Edited by Highmark