Check your account email address ×

Infinite QE

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They are prioritizing supply to northern regions where actual sportsman live!!! All you citiots can eat a dick!!!

LOL.....................................:fuckyou:

We need ammo down here dammit! Shits getting real!

55 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

The problem with gold funds is that you just own the paper, (similar to Chinese stocks where you don't own the company, but a shell) I can more see the physical asset if you can get it, but even then it is only valuable because we believe it is and that is the case going back through history. I'm glad my 401k is low 6 figures being young so I'm not sweating at all considering my savings rate and good match, if I was 55 I'd be more nervous about my next moves. 

Good points on gold.  Unless you can own physical gold, I don't see the point.  And the fees they charge are often hidden or obscured.  The good news, is if you keep doing what you're doing, by the time you're 55 you won't have to worry regardless and will have multiple options on which direction to turn or income strategy to live off.  I wished i knew then what I know now.  I was almost as bad as Ben back then.  :lol: 

43 minutes ago, Anler said:

I agree 100% on the gold. I just dont see how its relevant as currency today.

It also doesn't correlate with other asset classes, which one of the reasons we don't trade it.

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

The problem with gold funds is that you just own the paper, (similar to Chinese stocks where you don't own the company, but a shell) I can more see the physical asset if you can get it, but even then it is only valuable because we believe it is and that is the case going back through history. I'm glad my 401k is low 6 figures being young so I'm not sweating at all considering my savings rate and good match, if I was 55 I'd be more nervous about my next moves. 

best thing i ever did was start maxing my 401k at a young age.  I went from temp to perm and made sure i got credit for that year so i could contribute and get company matches from day 1.  Back then it only kicked in after a year. Pretty easy to save a million in retirement that way even with a downturn or 2 along the way.  I rolled my previous companies all into my fidelity IRA and the only 401k i have is current employer IRA gives me better investment options.  No idea why anyone would ever roll a 401k from one company to another.  

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Good points on gold.  Unless you can own physical gold, I don't see the point.  And the fees they charge are often hidden or obscured.  The good news, is if you keep doing what you're doing, by the time you're 55 you won't have to worry regardless and will have multiple options on which direction to turn or income strategy to live off.  I wished i knew then what I know now.  I was almost as bad as Ben back then.  :lol: 

It also doesn't correlate with other asset classes, which one of the reasons we don't trade it.

Yeah my goal is not to have to work a day past 60 years old unless I choose to do so. Obviously a lot of life between now and then, but I'm assuming that I'm a good way ahead of a lot of peers on the retirement savings at 29 and I've never met one retired person who didn't wish they did it sooner. I was lucky to have a family that valued fiscal responsibility and grandparents who worked meager lower paying jobs, but managed to retire debt free with a house on the lake and plenty of funds to go on vacation, buy big ticket items here and there, etc. :bc:

31 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

best thing i ever did was start maxing my 401k at a young age.  I went from temp to perm and made sure i got credit for that year so i could contribute and get company matches from day 1.  Back then it only kicked in after a year. Pretty easy to save a million in retirement that way even with a downturn or 2 along the way.  I rolled my previous companies all into my fidelity IRA and the only 401k i have is current employer IRA gives me better investment options.  No idea why anyone would ever roll a 401k from one company to another.  

Maxing is tough with the home mortgage and the lifestyle I like to live, trying to find the best balancing act I can. I'm getting closer with every raise, but I'm also getting 9% matching from my company so that helps too. I agree I'd roll into an IRA if I left this job, though we do have some pretty solid Vanguard and T-Rowe Price fund options for pretty low cost. 

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

Yeah my goal is not to have to work a day past 60 years old unless I choose to do so. Obviously a lot of life between now and then, but I'm assuming that I'm a good way ahead of a lot of peers on the retirement savings at 29 and I've never met one retired person who didn't wish they did it sooner. I was lucky to have a family that valued fiscal responsibility and grandparents who worked meager lower paying jobs, but managed to retire debt free with a house on the lake and plenty of funds to go on vacation, buy big ticket items here and there, etc. :bc:

Maxing is tough with the home mortgage and the lifestyle I like to live, trying to find the best balancing act I can. I'm getting closer with every raise, but I'm also getting 9% matching from my company so that helps too. I agree I'd roll into an IRA if I left this job, though we do have some pretty solid Vanguard and T-Rowe Price fund options for pretty low cost. 

getting the match is the most important thing-  nothing better than a 100% return right off the bat.  We match 4% with no max which is nice on a year like this for the 300 of us on commission/bonus.