Check your account email address ×

*******Official 2020 NFL Thread***********

55 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

In all fairness, the Patriots played the Dolphins. :lol:

The fins are known to have the Pats number, even when they can't beat anyone else. They cost the Pats a 1st round bye last year.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

Thoughts on this weekends games?

I was happy to see the Pats have a chance to win in Seattle. I honestly thought the Seahawks would kick their butts.

Good game and Newton looks pretty damn good. The Chargers look like they have found a franchise QB in Justin Herbert...he went toe to toe with Mahomes and gave a good account of himself in his first start. The Lions gave away another one and are abysmal yet again....Shocker. Bills Mafia have a 2-0 team and The Jets suck. 🤣👍🏼😎

• Like 1

Bills Pats will end up being the best games in the east.  Miami and Jets might as well forfeit.  they need to do what soccer does in europe and relegate the shitty teams to another league and bring up the top from the next level down.   When is the last time teams like the Lions, Miami or the Jets were worth anything.  

Chargers D was good and I like the Herbert kid.  That was a good game. 

I hope the Bucs lose out the rest of the year,   Gronk should have stayed retired I could have lived with Brady being there but Gronk makes me wish bad things on them.  Carolina looks to have replaced Newton with a slightly worse version of Newton with Bridgewater.   

It is a shame Burrow went to such a bad team that kids pretty damn good.   Mayfield is going to be someone's backup like Jameis Winston before long.  The amount of commercials he does makes him even more unlikeable.  

that was all i watched for games so no opinion on the rest.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good game and Newton looks pretty damn good. The Chargers look like they have found a franchise QB in Justin Herbert...he went toe to toe with Mahomes and gave a good account of himself in his first start. The Lions gave away another one and are abysmal yet again....Shocker. Bills Mafia have a 2-0 team and The Jets suck. 🤣👍🏼😎

No, the Lions did not give away anything, the Packers kicked their ass because they are abysmal. You really should just become a Packer fan, it's way more fun. :lmao:

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

No, the Lions did not give away anything, the Packers kicked their ass because they are abysmal. You really should just become a Packer fan, it's way more fun. :lmao:

If you are representative of the average Packer fan the last word that comes to mind is fun. 😛🤣

• Haha 2

The Raiders new stadium is badass...love the giant Al Davis eternal flame.👍🏼🇺🇸

Like the new MNF crew as well...Steve Levy, Brian Griese and Louis Riddick.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The Raiders new stadium is badass...love the giant Al Davis eternal flame.👍🏼🇺🇸

Like the new MNF crew as well...Steve Levy, Brian Griese and Louis Riddick.

Alec Ingold scored the first TD for the Raiders, he was my oldest son's high school QB. 

10 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Alec Ingold scored the first TD for the Raiders, he was my oldest son's high school QB. 

Ahhh it was you...I was trying to remember if was your son or Edmos....Big night for Ingold and Gruden loves using the FB that way so it could be a big season for him. 👍🏼🇺🇸

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ahhh it was you...I was trying to remember if was your son or Edmos....Big night for Ingold and Gruden loves using the FB that way so it could be a big season for him. 👍🏼🇺🇸

I remember watching him as a kid play Pop Warner and right up through high school in our community, it was his childhood dream to play in the NFL. 2 other kids from our community also recently went to the NFL........Max Scharping (Texans OL) and James Morgan (Jets QB)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Fuck!!!!! Bakhtiara out for the season. We should be fine, they'll slide Billy Turner over to LT but I just feel bad for Bakhtiari, the guy is just a stud LT.

Report: Packers lose David Bakhtiari to season-ending knee injury in practice

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 31, 2020, 7:05 PM EST

Tennessee Titans v Green Bay Packers
Getty Images

The Packers have suffered a major blow just before they attempt to clinch home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs.

Starting left tackle David Bakhtiari suffered a season-ending knee injury today in practice, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Although the diagnosis won’t be confirmed until Bakhtiari has an MRI, it is believed to be a torn ACL, which could also affect his availability for the start of the 2021 season.

Bakhtiari was chosen to this year’s Pro Bowl roster and is one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL. His stellar play is a major contributor to Aaron Rodgers‘ MVP candidacy, and to the Packers’ success as a team.

Just last month, Bakhtiari signed a four-year, $103.5 million contract that made him the highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history.

The injury to bakhtiari is a HUGE blow for sure. Fortunately our O-line has stepped up huge after the other injuries. They'll shuffle the line around and I have all the confidence they'll still be kicking ass

Edited by Showtime
  • Like 1

Bakhtiari's injury sucks!!  But the Packers have played without him before, and they'll make due without him.  Unfortunately though, the Packers are the same team they've been for the past decade ... the offense will win/keep them in games, and the defense will be the liability - especially in the playoffs.  They've got a chance if they hold home field and playing at Lambeau, but that defense just makes me cringe (although last week was a pleasant surprise at how well they shut down Henry from Tennessee).

24 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Bakhtiari's injury sucks!!  But the Packers have played without him before, and they'll make due without him.  Unfortunately though, the Packers are the same team they've been for the past decade ... the offense will win/keep them in games, and the defense will be the liability - especially in the playoffs.  They've got a chance if they hold home field and playing at Lambeau, but that defense just makes me cringe (although last week was a pleasant surprise at how well they shut down Henry from Tennessee).

I think the defense can stop anyone. Its the way pettine schemes. Stop the pass and down the field big plays and the run is secondary. The titans game was the best all around performace since pettine has been the DC. I think going foraward the defense is and will step up.