Check your account email address ×

*******Official 2020 NFL Thread***********

8 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Immediate mass tiggeredness. 

Trump will send 75000 storm troopers to NFL games to mace the kneeling players and his cult will all cheer!!!

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Stupid fans?

UNless one lives in cleaveland , it/s because one can watch a whole game without falling asleep.

Baseball, yay , bottom of the 5th and so far nothing has happened.

Basketball yippie , dude just scored 1/50 of the total points his team will score, Im so excited I almost woke up.

Hockey, 45 minutes in and its 1-0 , That being said playoff hockey is a totaly different game, and fun to watch.

34 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

UNless one lives in cleaveland , it/s because one can watch a whole game without falling asleep.

Baseball, yay , bottom of the 5th and so far nothing has happened.

Basketball yippie , dude just scored 1/50 of the total points his team will score, Im so excited I almost woke up.

Hockey, 45 minutes in and its 1-0 , That being said playoff hockey is a totaly different game, and fun to watch.

football is less than 12 mins of actual playing time. Without the betting aspect it is pretty fucking boring.

run up the gut for 3. Fat linemen mill about and adjust their bellies. Pan to coach whispering under his clip board. Ex player commentator rambles on aimlessly about the great play a wideout made who wasn't even involved in the play filling the 45 seconds of dead air until they line up againand....wait for it! Run up the gut for a 1 yard gain.

Riveting stuff! :lol: 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, frenchy said:

football is less than 12 mins of actual playing time. Without the betting aspect it is pretty fucking boring.

run up the gut for 3. Fat linemen mill about and adjust their bellies. Pan to coach whispering under his clip board. Ex player commentator rambles on aimlessly about the great play a wideout made who wasn't even involved in the play filling the 45 seconds of dead air until they line up againand....wait for it! Run up the gut for a 1 yard gain.

No shit. I think the super bowl was actually timed at about 13 mins of game play on average 

Hightower, 4 Other Patriots Players Opt Out of 2020 NFL Season

Three players who were expected to be key cogs on the 2020 New England Patriots have reportedly opted out of the NFL season due to the coroanvirus pandemic.

News first leaked out Monday that newly-signed fullback Dan Vitale had exercised his opt-out clause. With the departure of Tom Brady this offseason, Vitale, 26, was expected to be a critical part of a run-heavy offense. His decision was likely influenced by the fact that he has a newborn baby.

On Monday night, it was learned that offensive tackle Marcus Cannon would also be opting out. The 32-year-old would have been entering his 10th season in the league and was seen as a leader on the offensive line.

And now, ESPN reports that star linebacker Dont'a Hightower, the leader of a relatively inexperienced linebacking corps, won't be playing either. Hightower, 30, is a two-time Pro Bowler and also has a new baby.

Schefter said running back Brandon Bolden is also sitting out, and offensive lineman Najee Toran had opted out on Monday.

Patriots players are expected to report to Gillette Stadium on Tuesday for COVID-19 testing ahead of the start of training camp. Quarterbacks and rookies arrived Monday.

The team's first practice in full pads is scheduled for Saturday. No fans will be allowed.

The Patriots are scheduled to kick off the season at hoe on Sept. 13 against the Miami Dolphins.

On 7/26/2020 at 6:19 PM, frenchy said:

If I remember correctly you like to watch golf and you think football is boring? :lmao:

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

If I remember correctly you like to watch golf and you think football is boring? :lmao:

you have to admit that the action in football is far from constant.  i used to do the TV for the HS and your filling 45+ seconds of every minute between plays.   I love to watch it but it's not a game with flow like hockey or basketball.    

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

you have to admit that the action in football is far from constant.  i used to do the TV for the HS and your filling 45+ seconds of every minute between plays.   I love to watch it but it's not a game with flow like hockey or basketball.    

Super Bowl viewers.................99.9 million :news:

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, ckf said:

Very strange to see a QB in the New England backfield that can do more than drop back and pass  :dunno:

It really is...almost as weird as seeing TB in a Bucs uniform. 

Meanwhile in Detroit....same old, same old.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It really is...almost as weird as seeing TB in a Bucs uniform. 

Meanwhile in Detroit....same old, same old.

I think they'll be in the mix, I really do want to see the Lions win a SB and I'm sure you do also. 

calm down al pacino GIF

• Haha 1