Check your account email address ×

The power of health insurance companies

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it's the only way the system will work in the long run.  

70% of a persons lifetime HC costs comes in the last few years of their life.

My MIL was the head administrator at a nursing home for over 30 years.   She said its incredible whats done and she's quite liberal. 

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My MIL was the head administrator at a nursing home for over 30 years.   She said its incredible whats done and she's quite liberal. 

It’s always been this way. 

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Procedures that are in trial are not only evaluated for efficacy, but also cost effectiveness. There’s dozens of procedures that are deemed unworkable because of cost even though they have very promising outcomes. So I partially disagree with your thoughts here. I do agree that the diagnostic costs are totally out of control. MRI costs are ridiculous. 

$1500-1800 out of pocket for my CT scans, 2x-4x a year.*

*Edit: Max OOP of $6500.

Edited by racinfarmer

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

my mil is just north of 450k for the last 3 yrs . total bullshit 

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yep I sure do after the aca it went to total shit for 2x the money . 

Major contributor of increased cost with Obamacare is the no preexisting condition clause. Get rid of that and premiums will drop like a stone.  

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

$1500-1800 out of pocket for my CT scans, 2x-4x a year.*

*Edit: Max OOP of $6500.

A hybrid system of socialized medicine could include government picking up part of the cost of diagnostic testing. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Major contributor of increased cost with Obamacare is the no preexisting condition clause. Get rid of that and premiums will drop like a stone.  

well my asshole has been getting stretched ever since . I use to have a small group policy for my family and my few guys and 2 subs who just paid in there share . that had to go away now every man for him self and I just cut a check to my full time guts to help them pay on the exchange.  total ass fucking to the small guy 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

A hybrid system of socialized medicine could include government picking up part of the cost of diagnostic testing. 

or go back to when I had 5/8 less cost and a 14k less deductable but my abortions were not covered 

21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yes but 50 years ago lifespan was far less.   we need better quality of life not just keeping people alive.  without quality let them die

My ex mother-in-law is 94. Her healthcare costs have increased in the last few years. Overall she has excellent quality of life. She also plays an important role with the great grand kids. It’s good to have her around. She enriches everyone’s life. 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

or go back to when I had 5/8 less cost and a 14k less deductable but my abortions were not covered 

Abortions lower healthcare costs quite substantially. They are a huge money saver. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Abortions lower healthcare costs quite substantially. They are a huge money saver. 

yep I deff. need them coverd in my policy 

Edited by Ez ryder

30 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

With how our government is run day in and day out, a well thought out and run healthcare system is a pipe dream at best.  

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, spin_dry said:

By that logic, the death penalty for criminals should do the same in prisons.  Yet I guarantee you are against it. 

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

With how our government is run day in and day out, a well thought out and run healthcare system is a pipe dream at best.  

Well then keep paying what your paying.  

14 hours ago, snoughnut said:

I'm not making light of your situation, I'm just saying that the out of pocket costs for those scans is a ripoff.

If you knew how it was billed out.  I get pretty much "2" scans, a round of contrast, and 2 or 3 people, plus lab work.  I think those all end up being different bills we get too.  

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

If you knew how it was billed out.  I get pretty much "2" scans, a round of contrast, and 2 or 3 people, plus lab work.  I think those all end up being different bills we get too.  

I’d like to know the margins on medical imaging. . 

37 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’d like to know the margins on medical imaging. . 

I'm thinking once the equipment is paid for it is pretty good.

I know my x-rays were pretty cheap though.  Like under $100 for them.  

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm very well aware of how it's billed, I had a bout with cancer a couple years ago. After my surgery the nurses kept asking me how my pain was, I said I'll let you know when I get the bills. :lmao: