Check your account email address ×

Canadian PM Trudeau Praises Dictator Castro as ‘Remarkable Leader’

jtssrx

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

How many times did the CIA attempt to assassinate him?  I can't find an exact number other than "numerous."  

And?  Sorry we failed at it.  

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

You were to busy discussing dick with momo probabably.

Don't you have some following of driftbusta (Woolie) to do or continuing your weird fascination with a man who hasn't been here since the new site? :bc:

:news:

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Don't you have some following of driftbusta (Woolie) to do or continuing your weird fascination with a man who hasn't been here since the new site? :bc:

:news:

Not as weird as you talking dick with momo all the time.

19 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

I'm doing no such thing.  I'm wondering why the decades of dictatorship and oppression in Cuba are met with a different response by the US than the decades of oppression in say Saudi Arabia or China?

Why is that? 

Why the double standard?

19 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

My imagination?  I don't think so.

The US has/had completely isolated Cuba for 50+? Years?

Your trade deficit with China is $365 billion

Your trade deficit with Saudi Arabia is $30+ billion

no no, I'm not imagining the double standard.  It's very real.

8 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

Hey, remember that time when...

Ottawa, Ontario - 22 January 2015

Prime Minister Stephen Harper today issued the following statement on the death of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz of Saudi Arabia:

“On behalf of all Canadians, Laureen and I offer our sincere condolences to the family of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz and the people of Saudi Arabia.

“King Abdullah was recognized as a strong proponent of peace in the Middle East. He also undertook a range of important economic, social, education, health, and infrastructure initiatives in his country.

“I had the pleasure of meeting King Abdullah in Toronto when Canada hosted the G-20 and found him to be passionate about his country, development and the global economy.

“We join the people of Saudi Arabia in mourning his passing.”

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=924869

3 for 3 good work. I'll have to read through the replies again but I don't think any of them had an answer for these posts.

Which is really strange because you were very clear. Had solid arguments. Hmmm.

10 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Sure, tell me about all those wonderful right and freedoms the Saudis have

While I don't disagree if you look on terms of human rights our relationship with SA and China is wrong, I won't debate that however neither of them planted nuclear weapons minutes from our eastern seaboard.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

While I don't disagree if you look on terms of human rights our relationship with SA and China is wrong, I won't debate that however neither of them planted nuclear weapons minutes from our eastern seaboard.  

Who cares?  During this election cycle, your president-elect was just praising the leader of the country that made and provided those nuclear weapons.  Get some perspective.

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

Who cares?  During this election cycle, your president-elect was just praising the leader of the country that made and provided those nuclear weapons.  Get some perspective.

We are talking about the leader who planted them there.   Did Putin order those weapons to Cuba?

Lets keep some perspective on what we are talking about.   Foreign leaders not the entire country.  Should we still hold WW2 against Germany? 

2 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Well he supports a "great leader" that didnt support that faction.  So he better change his stance.

Countries, policies, laws and attitudes change with the times stupid.  Do some reading before spewing your stupidity.

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

We are talking about the leader who planted them there.   Did Putin order those weapons to Cuba?

Lets keep some perspective on what we are talking about.   Foreign leaders not the entire country.  Should we still hold WW2 against Germany? 

Jesus, that was 54 years ago.  Are you still mad at the kid that punched you out at recess in 3rd grade?

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Countries, policies, laws and attitudes change with the times stupid.  Do some reading before spewing your stupidity.

Cuba's outlook has improved since Fidel was basically out of the picture,  same with SA.  The thing is SA has something everyone wants and they do not need the USA as much as the USA needs them.  Cuba has nothing of any real worth and trade with Canada represents less than 0.1% of our GDP.

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

Jesus, that was 54 years ago.  Are you still mad at the kid that punched you out at recess in 3rd grade?

Nobody is claiming we should have still been trying to take him out, simply disagreeing that he should be praised.   No surprise you love him though.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Cuba's outlook has improved since Fidel was basically out of the picture,  same with SA.  The thing is SA has something everyone wants and they do not need the USA as much as the USA needs them.  Cuba has nothing of any real worth and trade with Canada represents less than 0.1% of our GDP.

Hey now they make some good cigars.  :joint: