Check your account email address ×

Rep. Devin Nunes reacts to brief on Russian bounties: Vladimir Putin is 'dangerous,' intel community has 'real problem'

• Platinum Contributing Member

I watched that interview this morning, pretty much rules out that Trump and the Republican side think Russia is our friend..

Did you watch?? Was also good as he went through the procedures of how the President gets his Intel..And why he was never briefed on the bounty threats ...   

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Quick solution: pull troops out of Afghanistan. 

It’s coming...all out by May of next year.

Under a deal the U.S. signed with the Taliban in February, the Pentagon was to bring troop levels down from about 12,000 to 8,600 by mid-July, before withdrawing all forces by May 2021.

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I watched that interview this morning, pretty much rules out that Trump and the Republican side think Russia is our friend..

Did you watch?? Was also good as he went through the procedures of how the President gets his Intel..And why he was never briefed on the bounty threats ...   

I don’t have any access to cable news other thaN YouTube snips. While Putin is certainly a snake, it’s my hope that he never loses his grip on power in Russia. There’s some crazy fucks over there that Putin does keep in check. Russia has always been held to a double standard. America’s spy network is constantly digging into their shit. 

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

It’s coming...all out by May of next year.

Under a deal the U.S. signed with the Taliban in February, the Pentagon was to bring troop levels down from about 12,000 to 8,600 by mid-July, before withdrawing all forces by May 2021.

Nice little 20 year several trillion dollars waste of everything there eh? 

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

Nobody seems to ask the question (what’s next?) when we invade these countries. Usually ends up being a clusterfuck for years. We should find a new hobbie.

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2020 at 6:29 PM, Anler said:

fucking amazing we allowed blood lust over 3000 deaths to cost us tens of millions for each dead American attacking and occupying a country that had nothing to do with those deaths.   But hey,  Bush and Cheney are great Americans according to some here.  

On 7/4/2020 at 4:16 PM, Anler said:

Quick solution: pull troops out of Afghanistan. 

Why stop there.   Pull them out of everywhere in the ME, South Korea, Europe and everywhere else.   Trump victory is November would be guaranteed if he starts pulling troops from everywhere.   We are not their protection anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why stop there.   Pull them out of everywhere in the ME, South Korea, Europe and everywhere else.   Trump victory is November would be guaranteed if he starts pulling troops from everywhere.   We are not their protection anymore. 

I have always been for demobilizing the ME. 

Just now, Anler said:

I have always been for demobilizing the ME. 

I'm for getting out of everywhere.   Without question it would be a huge risk to the stability of the world but I don't give a fuck anymore.   Let them deal with their neighbors who mean them harm......not our fucking job. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I'm for getting out of everywhere.   Without question it would be a huge risk to the stability of the world but I don't give a fuck anymore.   Let them deal with their neighbors who mean them harm......not our fucking job. 

NO its not a huge risk. There was no risk prior to us going there. If anything we made the risk greater. Just give them covid and leave

32 minutes ago, Anler said:

NO its not a huge risk. There was no risk prior to us going there. If anything we made the risk greater. Just give them covid and leave

I disagree.   If the US pulled out of places around the world it would lead to chaos in less than a decade I just really don't give a shit about it anymore.   Whether we like it or not our presence is a stabilizing force.   Putin and others pushed Obama figuring he wouldn't do much and he didn't.     

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I disagree.   If the US pulled out of places around the world it would lead to chaos in less than a decade I just really don't give a shit about it anymore.   Whether we like it or not our presence is a stabilizing force.   Putin and others pushed Obama figuring he wouldn't do much and he didn't.     

Chaos like the millions of refugees that fled to Europe might return?

Just now, Anler said:

Chaos like the millions of refugees that fled to Europe might return?

Do you consider that humanitarian or an invasion? 

You think those people fled in mass numbers because they desired the stability that western society offered?   Sure lots of wolves in those groups but I think the women and children go for a better life.  

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Do you consider that humanitarian or an invasion? 

You think those people fled in mass numbers because they desired the stability that western society offered?   Sure lots of wolves in those groups but I think the women and children go for a better life.  

Of course they're going for a better life.