Check your account email address ×

Trump signs Paycheck Protection Program extension

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 7/4/2020 at 6:51 PM, Ez ryder said:

total bullshit . he needs to be slapped up side the head for this sort of bullshit . this shit will keep a lot more voters home than just me 

No it won't.   

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 7:51 PM, Ez ryder said:

total bullshit . he needs to be slapped up side the head for this sort of bullshit . this shit will keep a lot more voters home than just me 

I give you credit, one of the few who dare say anything against the orange god.    But it will buy more votes than it will lose IMO.

Now lets be clear about what EXACTLY this was and who backed it.

President Donald Trump signed a bill Saturday re-opening the application window for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) until Aug. 8.

The five-week extension had been approved last week by both chambers of Congress. The U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate both passed the legislation by unanimous consent.

The House’s approval on July 1 came after the Senate passed the extension in a surprise move the night of June 30, just a few hours before the PPP application window was scheduled to close.

The extension keeps a source of funding open to struggling small businesses while Congress works on a second, more targeted funding program. The PPP, which has approximately $129 billion in funding remaining, was launched in early April as the COVID-19 pandemic battered the U.S. economy and forced many businesses to close. The program provides forgivable loans that small businesses and other qualifying entities can use to cover payroll and other select costs.

28 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I give you credit, one of the few who dare say anything against the orange god.    But it will buy more votes than it will lose IMO.

Oh really?   We have all said that this is bullshit.  The first one was bullshit and this is too, but will this win him voters?  Taking a page right out of the dem playbook.

Just now, racer254 said:

Oh really?   We have all said that this is bullshit.  The first one was bullshit and this is too, but will this win him voters?  Taking a page right out of the dem playbook.

It won't cost him votes.....not a chance.   

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Now lets be clear about what EXACTLY this was and who backed it.

President Donald Trump signed a bill Saturday re-opening the application window for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) until Aug. 8.

The five-week extension had been approved last week by both chambers of Congress. The U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate both passed the legislation by unanimous consent.

The House’s approval on July 1 came after the Senate passed the extension in a surprise move the night of June 30, just a few hours before the PPP application window was scheduled to close.

The extension keeps a source of funding open to struggling small businesses while Congress works on a second, more targeted funding program. The PPP, which has approximately $129 billion in funding remaining, was launched in early April as the COVID-19 pandemic battered the U.S. economy and forced many businesses to close. The program provides forgivable loans that small businesses and other qualifying entities can use to cover payroll and other select costs.

Bunch of businesses around here got the money & never shut down.

4 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Bunch of businesses around here got the money & never shut down.

As fast as the first batch went I'm dumbfounded there was any left of the second round.   That should be a good sign. 

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

As fast as the first batch went I'm dumbfounded there was any left of the second round.   That should be a good sign. 

A lot got rich fast from that. Our local news had a list of all the companies in the area ...pages upon pages & millions upon millions.

11 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

A lot got rich fast from that. Our local news had a list of all the companies in the area ...pages upon pages & millions upon millions.

As long as most of the usual suspects got their 1200 dollar baller check while millions went out to "businesses that needed it"

9 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Does it also list how much of that money those companies used in the manner they were supposed to?   Did it also list the tax contribution history of those companies.

Yeah I don't agree with how the program was run but the big picture should be looked at not just who got what. 

51 minutes ago, racer254 said:

No you said Trump didn't want it.   Yes "free shit " buying votes.

15 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

yep a few of my good buds took advantage of the scam . none got rich but 1 who I ride with a lot was able to pay his guys for 1.5 mo with the tax payer money . freeing up enough cash for him to order a new fully loaded Logan coach toyhauler 5th wheel .total bullshit fleecing of America 

52 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It won't cost him votes.....not a chance.   

Nothing he does will cost him votes with his cult, but free money will most assuredly get him some votes.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Nothing he does will cost him votes with his cult, but free money will most assuredly get him some votes.

Historically speaking it always does.  

Now we have to be a bit honest here in saying this "pandemic" is something that we've never seen before regarding the impact on America's economy.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Does it also list how much of that money those companies used in the manner they were supposed to?   Did it also list the tax contribution history of those companies.

Yeah I don't agree with how the program was run but the big picture should be looked at not just who got what. 

What manner are you referring to?

What does it matter their tax history?

The small places that really needed it got left out. The bigger companies had their lawyers & bankers all over it & snatching up the max they could.

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

yep a few of my good buds took advantage of the scam . none got rich but 1 who I ride with a lot was able to pay his guys for 1.5 mo with the tax payer money . freeing up enough cash for him to order a new fully loaded Logan coach toyhauler 5th wheel .total bullshit fleecing of America 

I know of more than one company that got over a million & it will go right in the owners pocket.

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

What manner are you referring to?

What does it matter their tax history?

The small places that really needed it got left out. The bigger companies had their lawyers & bankers all over it & snatching up the max they could.

I know of more than one company that got over a million & it will go right in the owners pocket.

Your facts are wrong.   I've already posted some statistics.    Why is there $127 billion left?

8 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2020/04/16/sbas-349b-paycheck-protection-program-officially.html

SBA's $349B Paycheck Protection Program officially runs out of money

:read:

That was round one.   The article is from April 16th.   The recent extension was to use up the remaining.  

I won't argue way too many took loans outside the spirit of the program.   The program should have had and still could put in much better protections.  

https://www.journalofaccountancy.com/news/2020/jul/senate-approves-5-week-ppp-extension.html

Trump signs 5-week PPP extension

By Jeff Drew

July 1, 2020
Updated: 
July 6, 2020
The extension keeps a source of funding open to struggling small businesses while Congress works on a second, more targeted funding program. The PPP, which has approximately $129 billion in funding remaining, was launched in early April as the COVID-19 pandemic battered the U.S. economy and forced many

About 87% of the loans were for less than $150,000, according to the SBA.
Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That was round one.   The article is from April 16th.   The recent extension was to use up the remaining.  

https://www.journalofaccountancy.com/news/2020/jul/senate-approves-5-week-ppp-extension.html

Trump signs 5-week PPP extension

By Jeff Drew

July 1, 2020
Updated: 
July 6, 2020
The extension keeps a source of funding open to struggling small businesses while Congress works on a second, more targeted funding program. The PPP, which has approximately $129 billion in funding remaining, was launched in early April as the COVID-19 pandemic battered the U.S. economy and forced many

So there were two rounds scheduled off the bat?