Check your account email address ×

Trump signs Paycheck Protection Program extension

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That was round one.   The article is from April 16th.   The recent extension was to use up the remaining.  

https://www.journalofaccountancy.com/news/2020/jul/senate-approves-5-week-ppp-extension.html

Trump signs 5-week PPP extension

By Jeff Drew

July 1, 2020
Updated: 
July 6, 2020
The extension keeps a source of funding open to struggling small businesses while Congress works on a second, more targeted funding program. The PPP, which has approximately $129 billion in funding remaining, was launched in early April as the COVID-19 pandemic battered the U.S. economy and forced many

Your company take the loan?

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Historically speaking it always does.  

Now we have to be a bit honest here in saying this "pandemic" is something that we've never seen before regarding the impact on America's economy.  

Yes. 

True, but we have had recessions, global ones and the spending wasn't anywhere near what it is today. The big difference is the economy and banking system weren't broke before the pandemic, ( although it was debt driven) as one guy put it, it was the difference between having a car with a blown engine and just shutting the car off.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

So there were two rounds scheduled off the bat?

No I believe that added funding and opened it back up.   I guess that's why I called it 2 rounds.   In either case there is $129 billion left.   Pretty hefty chunk.

You also have to realize many choose not to take it so their workers would get more than they could pay them.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

No I believe that added funding and opened it back up.   I guess that's why I called it 2 rounds.   In either case there is $129 billion left.   Pretty hefty chunk.

You also have to realize many choose not to take it so their workers would get more than they could pay them.  

Ahh gotcha ... yea that is a hefty chunk.

Not understanding ....can you explain that?

Just now, ford_428cj said:

in some cases workers were better served with being on unemployment as it was more than their pay.  With the PPP at the start having big restrictions on it being used for wages for some companies it was not worth doing. 

25 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Your company take the loan?

Once more funding was made available we did and 100% will go out to the workers.   We've been on 32 hr weeks since and will likely be so thru the end of the year.   They are being paid full 40 hr weeks.   Its a bit of a worry them getting use to full pay and 3 day weekends for the better part of a year.  

We had a significant impact on sales from suppliers switching over to ventilator components which meant they couldn't supply us ours.   It lost us some important sales because we couldn't have product available.   That is the definition of being impacted by the so called pandemic.   If the funding wasn't available we would have done it different and been forced to do some layoffs.  

If I calculate it out what we took in PPP might end up being less than the full UI +$600 a week in the long run.   So you could say I saved the govt money.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

In Iowa max unemployment is $511 week.   Add in $600 a week from the Feds and it makes for $27.76 an hour.   Layoffs due to covid did not impact your UI tax factor so why not just lay them off if they earn more?   To some you were doing them a favor. 

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

in some cases workers were better served with being on unemployment as it was more than their pay.  With the PPP at the start having big restrictions on it being used for wages for some companies it was not worth doing. 

:thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Once more funding was made available we did and 100% will go out to the workers.   We've been on 32 hr weeks since and will likely be so thru the end of the year.   They are being paid full 40 hr weeks.   Its a bit of a worry them getting use to full pay and 3 day weekends for the better part of a year.  

We had a significant impact on sales from suppliers switching over to ventilator components which meant they couldn't supply us ours.   It lost us some important sales because we couldn't have product available.   That is the definition of being impacted by the so called pandemic.   If the funding wasn't available we would have done it different and been forced to do some layoffs.  

If I calculate it out what we took in PPP might end up being less than the full UI +$600 a week in the long run.   So you could say I saved the govt money.  :lol:  

Good man HM :bc:

What kind of components?

23 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Just started the work share program where I work. 4 days a week on payroll then one day of $672 from the government 

What's that?

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

In Iowa max unemployment is $511 week.   Add in $600 a week from the Feds and it makes for $27.76 an hour.   Layoffs due to covid did not impact your UI tax factor so why not just lay them off if they earn more?   To some you were doing them a favor. 

Very nice paid Vac for a lot of people.

What kind of components?

What's that?

Our fuel tank suppliers supplier of pick up tubes switched to ventilator tubes and components.   Small customers like us got put on the shelf for 3 months.  

4 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

What kind of components?

What's that?

So is full pay shortened weeks with 3 day weekends for 8+ months all while carrying full bennies.   Trust me.....NOBODY is complaining. 

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

yep a few of my good buds took advantage of the scam . none got rich but 1 who I ride with a lot was able to pay his guys for 1.5 mo with the tax payer money . freeing up enough cash for him to order a new fully loaded Logan coach toyhauler 5th wheel .total bullshit fleecing of America 

similar story here. a buddy i ride with got about 140k for his tree business not being able to work .   yyyyyah,,,,,,,,,,, he was slammed with work and still is.  never even got a second look from anyone for working thru.     he paid his guys for what time they did have off and then some. bought a shitload of new gear AND

he just bought a CVO glide.   its being done up now. pin striping, lowered, crazy tunes, etched bars ect. ect...  over 56k   so far.  admittedly he got a bit of a problem..  hes already got a 19 roadglide, a 17 ultra, an 82 FLH, a 00 custom sporty. 

Edited by old indy

Our fuel tank suppliers supplier of pick up tubes switched to ventilator tubes and components.   Small customers like us got put on the shelf for 3 months.  

Ah yea ...

So is full pay shortened weeks with 3 day weekends for 8+ months all while carrying full bennies.   Trust me.....NOBODY is complaining. 

:bc:

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

What's that?

I am Furloughed one day a week for the month of July. Government pays me for that one day a lump sum of $672 which is t600 from fed and state kicks in 72. All this is set up by my employer and not my choice. Probably their way of saving money.

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I am Furloughed one day a week for the month of July. Government pays me for that one day a lump sum of $672 which is t600 from fed and state kicks in 72. All this is set up by my employer and not my choice. Probably their way of saving money.

672 for one day?

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

672 for one day?

beauty of the $600 government bump,  it is all or nothing.  i think both my kids should have put in for it,  NH unemployment would have denied them but feds would have paid out.  too late now though.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

beauty of the $600 government bump,  it is all or nothing.  i think both my kids should have put in for it,  NH unemployment would have denied them but feds would have paid out.  too late now though.  

Off for one day & still get, is something.

You could probably do that deal too right for the guys at your place?

You could probably do that deal too right for the guys at your place?

Ummm.....that's what we have been doing.