Check your account email address ×

Speaker McConnell finally sees the light

17 minutes ago, s pump said:

Źzzzzzzzzzz

Yep dirt nap for a lot of people.  My SIL is a ICU Nurse in the Covid unit here,  11 out of 12 that were on the vent died. We have had only 1 or 2 new cases here for the last 3 weeks or so.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, s pump said:

Źzzzzzzzzzz

56 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yep dirt nap for a lot of people.  My SIL is a ICU Nurse in the Covid unit here,  11 out of 12 that were on the vent died. We have had only 1 or 2 new cases here for the last 3 weeks or so.

He is parroting Trump...ignore the virus  and it will just go away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

It amazes me how we're avoiding another major outbreak in the NEastern part of our state, especially right here.  Jersey's pretty bad again, and most here commute there or visit there or people from there visit here on a daily basis, and we've had an increase of less than 10 new cases every day for the past couple weeks.

2 minutes ago, hayward said:

It amazes me how we're avoiding another major outbreak in the NEastern part of our state, especially right here.  Jersey's pretty bad again, and most here commute there or visit there or people from there visit here on a daily basis, and we've had an increase of less than 10 new cases every day for the past couple weeks.

It is surprising, but minus a few small groups most are wearing masks in stores and keeping a safe distance. I check the parking lots here before I shop when half or more the cars are from NY and NJ I come back another time.  The local TSC store and some others sold out of top and potting soil, lots of survival gardens.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

It is surprising, but minus a few small groups most are wearing masks in stores and keeping a safe distance. I check the parking lots here before I shop when half or more the cars are from NY and NJ I come back another time.  The local TSC store and some others sold out of top and potting soil, lots of survival gardens.

Ditto here on all of that.  We could have sold tons more garden plants this spring, but we just couldn't get it.  People coming back are saying "you should see our tomatoe plants they're waist high already".  My reply is 'hope they don't get the blight, it'll be a disappointment'.:lol:

3 minutes ago, hayward said:

Ditto here on all of that.  We could have sold tons more garden plants this spring, but we just couldn't get it.  People coming back are saying "you should see our tomatoe plants they're waist high already".  My reply is 'hope they don't get the blight, it'll be a disappointment'.:lol:

The feed mill I get feed from is selling pig, goat, and chicken feed like never before, there is a Mennonite family that is selling chicken coups and rabbit hutches was selling a few everyday, still selling them but it slowed a little. I'm sure after awhile they'll be a lot of weekend farmers hanging it up.

15 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

The feed mill I get feed from is selling pig, goat, and chicken feed like never before, there is a Mennonite family that is selling chicken coups and rabbit hutches was selling a few everyday, still selling them but it slowed a little. I'm sure after awhile they'll be a lot of weekend farmers hanging it up.

Same here.  With sports and school cancelled, our boy was around every day to help, thankfully.  I taught him how to mix all the feeds and turned him loose, and as far as I know, no horses have croaked yet.  :lol:He saved my ass, i'd had never been able to keep up with field work especially when it was time to make hay.

He took his money he's making and bought a bunch of wood working equipment and has been doodling with that at night and weekends.  Only one trip to the ER so far.:lol:He's learning alot not sitting in a class room all day listening to shit he cares nothing about.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hayward said:

Same here.  With sports and school cancelled, our boy was around every day to help, thankfully.  I taught him how to mix all the feeds and turned him loose, and as far as I know, no horses have croaked yet.  :lol:He saved my ass, i'd had never been able to keep up with field work especially when it was time to make hay.

He took his money he's making and bought a bunch of wood working equipment and has been doodling with that at night and weekends.  Only one trip to the ER so far.:lol:He's learning alot not sitting in a class room all day listening to shit he cares nothing about.

That's good, I listened to a economist speak, he feels that labor is going to become a more valuable asset in the future and white collar will become less valuable. 

9 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

That's good, I listened to a economist speak, he feels that labor is going to become a more valuable asset in the future and white collar will become less valuable. 

Well, he's got 2 years to decide what he's going to do. so we'll see.  A tech school would be a good fit for him.  But UPS drivers make pretty good mula I hear. :lol:

11 minutes ago, hayward said:

Well, he's got 2 years to decide what he's going to do. so we'll see.  A tech school would be a good fit for him.  But UPS drivers make pretty good mula I hear. :lol:

5 year progression... be damn near $40 an hour by then. ;)

8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Well it finally has started to sink in that we need some PPE if we want to get the economy going again. 

We are #1

mcc.jpg

Masks are useless. They’re not being worn properly people are touching themselves all over their face readjusting them constantly. I suggest you talk to any Doctor Who does surgeries the masks are supposed to be replaced hey surgeon might wear two or three masks during a surgery because they become contaminated. People are wearing them over and over again not washing them not replacing them. Then let me ask you this what is the point of social distancing if we’re all going to wear masks? If masks are the end-all be-all why are things still shut down. 

The survival rate of this disease is over 99% this is with no vaccine and no real solid treatment. The hospitals are never over run the purpose of the shelter in place shut downs were to stop the hospitals from being overrun still millions were infected and again the hospitals were overrun. So tell me again why COVID-19 is different than any other virus we’ve had?

13 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's OK to pull your head out of your ass now, republican leaders across the board are doing it now.....albeit late, but better late than never.

Like ole Bill Clinton said: "It's the economy stupid" 

funny thing is i only see about 1/2 the people in mn wearing them and we are way down .even in the city where they are mandatory to walk in to a biz not even close to every on is . and if a cashier buts some ones balls they just pull up there shirt over the fave and they let them go with that 

9 hours ago, Snake said:

5 year progression... be damn near $40 an hour by then. ;)

That's what I was told the other day.  Claimed the best way is to start out in the sorting area and in a couple years move up to delivery.:dunno:

1 hour ago, hayward said:

That's what I was told the other day.  Claimed the best way is to start out in the sorting area and in a couple years move up to delivery.:dunno:

That's the plan.

19 hours ago, Highmark said:

You never answered if you were wearing masks when you were in N. Wi a few weeks ago. 

Because, like many, he is a hypocrite when it comes to following the same rules that he want others to follow.

11 hours ago, hayward said:

Isn't it great?  Finally kids are not being on a constant schedule controlled by sports or schools.  Instead of being constantly told what to do and where to be, they are actually being their own person and using their imaginations to do things they want and actually like and use as an adult.  Also spending more time with their siblings and parents doing things and helping with duties that will actually have to be done when they are adults.

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
39 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Because, like many, he is a hypocrite when it comes to following the same rules that he want others to follow.

Pretty obvious to be the case.

13 hours ago, hayward said:

yyah, teamsters do alright.          $40.90st  in the trade show division.  a good pension (for now) ,over $6 an hour into an annuity and cadilac health ins.    not a bad gig.    :thumbsup: 

Edited by old indy

On 6/30/2020 at 11:21 AM, Highmark said:

You never answered if you were wearing masks when you were in N. Wi a few weeks ago. 

Just saw the question, and the answer is absolutely when entering any establishment, gas station, convenience store, Pembine Sport and Lawn, etc.

5 hours ago, racer254 said:

Stick foot.......:lol:

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Pretty obvious to be the case.

Really...... :lol:

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

funny thing is i only see about 1/2 the people in mn wearing them and we are way down .even in the city where they are mandatory to walk in to a biz not even close to every on is . and if a cashier buts some ones balls they just pull up there shirt over the fave and they let them go with that 

Even Steve Doocy, and Sean Hannity are saying to wear a mask.

It's the economy...........smart people understand this.