Check your account email address ×

While some dumb cunts are complaining about dead people getting stimulus money by accident. This happened by design.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Not so fast on that. I have buddy that owns 7 restaurants with 2 franchised. He is actually doing better now with his loans than prior to the shut down. When he told me this I challenged it. His come back made a lot of sense. Everyone knows that even well run restaurants operate on tight margins. While he’s back open, the number of tables have been cut in half. That loan money will work well for him to buffer the impact of fewer tables.

So he couldn't survive without the loans.   Fits in exactly with what Anler said.   

Just now, Anler said:

Some of our competitors took PPP money and bid jobs at lower margins using the PPP as a subsidy. They actually bragged about it. I didnt think it was supposed to be used for that but I havent dug into that part of it. I think that is pretty unethical to use govt money to give yourself an unfair advantage in a competitive bid scenario. But I am learning that ethics is for suckers cuz the douchebags gobbled up more than their share. There was plenty of work to go around too. 

Well when successful business' have been hammered by high taxes and regulations for decades its easy to understand why they took it.   Doesn't mean it was right or ethical even if it was legal.   That's where the lawmakers and yes Trump's team were at fault.   Not enough written in it to make sure those that didn't need it didn't get it.

Also have to consider lots of places didn't need it when they applied but may come to need it since or even in the next 6-12 months and that was the thought process in applying. 

I'm friends with a considerable amount of business owners from small bars to large car dealerships and high precision machine shops.   Everyone took it. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

So he couldn't survive without the loans.   Fits in exactly with what Anler said.   

He could’ve survive just fine. He took the loans to retain all his employees and maintain their benefits. Had he just been out for himself and didn’t give a shit about employee retention and their benefits he would’ve skipped the loans. 

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Not so fast on that. I have buddy that owns 7 restaurants with 2 franchised. He is actually doing better now with his loans than prior to the shut down. When he told me this I challenged it. His come back made a lot of sense. Everyone knows that even well run restaurants operate on tight margins. While he’s back open, the number of tables have been cut in half. That loan money will work well for him to buffer the impact of fewer tables.

Just now, spin_dry said:

He could’ve survive just fine. He took the loans to retain all his employees and maintain their benefits. Had he just been out for himself and didn’t give a shit about employee retention and their benefits he would’ve skipped the loans. 

Those two posts are contradictory.  

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

No they’re not. 

So his in restaurant business has been cut in half and the "loans" buffer that impact but he could have easily survived without them.   :lol:  Dude pull my other leg and it will play jingle bells.   How many business' easily survive with tight margins and a 50% drop in sales?   :lol:   

tenor (1).gif

Edited by Highmark

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So his in restaurant business has been cut in half and the "loans" buffer that impact but he could have easily survived without them.   :lol:  Dude pull my other leg and it will play jingle bells.   How many business' easily survive with tight margins and a 50% drop in sales?   :lol:   

tenor (1).gif

Are you really this dense? The point is that he could’ve survived without the loans by cutting the amount of employees that he employed and waited it out. That translated into employee suffering Instead he took the loan and retained all his employees and paid for their benefit package. Either way he had the operating capital to make it through. Employee loyalty is something he values. Something that’s withering these days. 

17 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Are you really this dense? The point is that he could’ve survived without the loans by cutting the amount of employees that he employed and waited it out. That translated into employee suffering Instead he took the loan and retained all his employees and paid for their benefit package. Either way he had the operating capital to make it through. Employee loyalty is something he values. Something that’s withering these days. 

those whose politics don't override critical thought understood that.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

those whose politics don't override critical thought understood that.  

Politics?  :lol:  

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Well when successful business' have been hammered by high taxes and regulations for decades its easy to understand why they took it.   Doesn't mean it was right or ethical even if it was legal.   That's where the lawmakers and yes Trump's team were at fault.   Not enough written in it to make sure those that didn't need it didn't get it.

Also have to consider lots of places didn't need it when they applied but may come to need it since or even in the next 6-12 months and that was the thought process in applying. 

I'm friends with a considerable amount of business owners from small bars to large car dealerships and high precision machine shops.   Everyone took it. 

I know many who took it also and I dont begrudge them. We never stopped so I didnt see the need for it and then I find out these fucking cunts are undercutting us with PPP money. Im like...

angry bruce lee GIF

27 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

From what I hear unemployment was very attractive for some. So much that they didnt really want to go back to work. 

Just now, Anler said:

From what I hear unemployment was very attractive for some. So much that they didnt really want to go back to work. 

Its a significant issue.   The extra $600 should have never happened.  

2 hours ago, Anler said:

You got that one right fo sho! 

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Its a significant issue.   The extra $600 should have never happened.  

well it should have happened for some,  they should have bumped UE to say 75% of your wage,  not the 175% than many were getting.  guy making 1000 week in this state gets 300+- in U,  giving him another 450 would have been fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

well it should have happened for some,  they should have bumped UE to say 75% of your wage,  not the 175% than many were getting.  guy making 1000 week in this state gets 300+- in U,  giving him another 450 would have been fine.

Yep. 

3 hours ago, Anler said:

I know many who took it also and I dont begrudge them. We never stopped so I didnt see the need for it and then I find out these fucking cunts are undercutting us with PPP money. Im like...

angry bruce lee GIF

I don't blame ya. I would be pissed too. 

3 hours ago, Anler said:

I know at least 3  people with lower wage jobs that were in that boat. One made out well enough to use it to pay off a bunch of debt. I guess “we” paid off the debt. 

Edited by Crowder

1 hour ago, Crowder said:

I know at least 3  people with lower wage jobs that were in that boat. One made out well enough to use it to pay off a bunch of debt. I guess “we” paid off the debt. 

It's all funny money anyhow....printed out of thin air.