Check your account email address ×

Bob Kroll/Union Is The Problem

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Police Fraternities/Unions contracts with governments have emasculated management, and that is something that has to change for there to be any real change in policing behavior.

No... unions are the wave of the future.... they are the be all end all.... I would be nothing without the union...

Amirite?

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Snake said:

No... unions are the wave of the future.... they are the be all end all.... I would be nothing without the union...

Amirite?

Well I wouldn't go that far...but you would be working at Fed Ex for half the money. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well I wouldn't go that far...but you would be working at Fed Ex for half the money. 

Well we can't just take the gravy side and say unions are great without looking at the dark side of the moon.... which I used to do frequently..... but got told the union was my savior and that I need to shut my mouth.

I love it when it comes full circle like this and I am shown to be on the right side of the issue.

Then again, I AM in a union, so should know.....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No that would be you.  Any one with ambition would seek out the opportunities they needed to, to get ahead, be it UPS, FedEx or wherever. FedEx drivers are paid pretty well too btw.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

No that would be you.  Any one with ambition would seek out the opportunities they needed to, to get ahead, be it UPS, FedEx or wherever. FedEx drivers are paid pretty well too btw.

Fedex is night and day way worse than UPS. I don't know if it is because of the union but UPS blows them away in every department.

That said I couldn't care less if someone is in a private union. Whatever/however a private company decides to negotiate with it's employees is their business. Public unions are a different story, where they can extort deals by holding politicians and the public hostage under constant threat of not performing the tax payer funded services they were hired to (most which are essential btw) and enjoying complete job security while crying that they don't get compensated as much as their private sector peers (which is complete horseshit too). 

Public unions really should be abolished completely because salary/pensions/legacy costs are the single biggest line items for any municipal government and the number one reason property taxes are out of control and chase people from urban centres. They have become unsustainable and the return on the taxpayer dollar for the level of service received is the worst deal on the planet

Edited by frenchy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Police Fraternities/Unions contracts with governments have emasculated management, and that is something that has to change for there to be any real change in policing behavior.

The same could be said for most/all public sector unions.  

Just now, frenchy said:

Fedex is night and day way worse than UPS. I don't know if it is because of the union but UPS blows them away in every department.

That said I couldn't care less if someone is in a private union. Whatever/however a private company decides to negotiate with it's employees is their business. Public unions are a different story, where they can extort deals by holding politicians and the public hostage under constant threat of not performing the services they were hired to (most which are essential btw) and enjoying complete job security while crying that they don't get compensated as much as their private sector peers (which is complete horseshit too). 

Public unions really should be abolished completely because salary/pensions/legacy costs are the single biggest line items for any municipal government and the number one reason property taxes are out of control and chase people from urban centres. They have become unsustainable and the return on the taxpayer dollar for the level of service received is the worst deal on the planet

Agree on all of it!  They've bankrupted this state I live in.  Not sure where it ends.  Walker made a pretty good effort at it in Wisconsin a few years ago, and I'm surprised they didn't hang him from a light pole, cuz some sure would have.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Agree on all of it!  They've bankrupted this state I live in.  Not sure where it ends.  Walker made a pretty good effort at it in Wisconsin a few years ago, and I'm surprised they didn't hang him from a light pole, cuz some sure would have.

we will see in our lifetime cities and states declaring themselves insolvent and walking away from pension obligations. 

The time has come for defined benefit plans to be abolished. The math makes no sense. They were implemented and the funding models that go with them when the average retiree lived to their mid 70's. Today it is not uncommon the draw a pension for a longer period than you actually worked, how does that math make sense? Want to have a guaranteed income until you are 95? Fine, adjust the personal contribution accordingly. 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Walker enriched the police. Be fucking honest. 

Anytime something gets posted calling out police unions as one causative factor of police violence and dysfunction, the boot lickers take it ten different directions. Every single time. Now it’s about unions protecting delivery boys  

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

we will see in our lifetime cities and states declaring themselves insolvent and walking away from pension obligations. 

The time has come for defined benefit plans to be abolished. The math makes no sense. They were implemented and the funding models that go with them when the average retiree lived to their mid 70's. Today it is not uncommon the draw a pension for a longer period than you actually worked, how does that math make sense? Want to have a guaranteed income until you are 95? Fine, adjust the personal contribution accordingly. 

Agree again, 100%!  I have a client right now, still in his 50s, put 33 years in with the DOT, and he pulls down 6500/month for life pension gig from that alone.  The worst part is CT is such an expensive place to live, that many of these retirees with the golden parachutes are leaving the state in droves, taking all their spending with them.  Its not sustainable, yet they are all getting raises in CT again this year.

I can't agree with saying all unions are bad.  I can agree with saying some are terrible.  It really comes down to the leadership within the group when there is a culture problem.

There is a big flaw with the premise of union theory.  Many believe they can't succeed without power over management.  Minneapolis has thirteen managers and a honorary manager.  Too many contradicting opinions within a group of that size makes the city council ineffective as a management group.  It creates a perfect system for a union to become more powerful against management.  This union has enjoyed that environment.  They are in essence more powerful because they can act as a unified group under a leader vs. the large management team on the other side.

That is where the sad part comes into play.  The union has the power to do the right thing.  It wouldn't take much effort and it wouldn't take long.  They have a strong leadership structure which makes them quicker to adapt and change.  They could fix the problem a whole lot faster than thirteen managers with wildly varying opinions.

It really is up to the union leadership to lead the change if anyone wants to see it happen quickly.  A power hungry leadership might see change as losing power. (Union mentality problem).  True leadership in the union could use this as an opportunity to do the right thing.  The members generally want to take care of the communities they serve.  It is up to the union leaders to make that their own priority. 

I'm not sure if the leaders in this union will step up to the plate.  They have the perfect opportunity to knock it out of the park by doing the right thing.  It wouldn't take much with a little leadership.  We will soon see who cares more about power or taking care of their community.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Big differences

no all run by crooks zero diff. only big diff is state and fed unions fuck the tax payer and there workers  privet unions just  fuck there members