Check your account email address ×

NASCAR rallies around Bubba Wallace following noose incident, drivers push car to front of pack

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

He is claiming that pic is fake because it doesn't show the stall number. From a photography perspective that's exactly how I would shoot the photo. You can't see the rope as well shooting in to the garage because it gets lost in the background of the garage.

Its like taking a pic of a fleeing vehicle but you don't get the license plate. Useless. Inadmissible and so far from incriminating it may as well be the next Curious George book. Curious George finds a noose.

There is absolutely no correlation to Bubba or his assigned garage in the only.... single... Solitary pic that 9 FBI agents can produce in 48 hours ?? It's totally inadmissible, there is no connection to Bubba or his garage AT ALL. Nuthin. Nada. Zilch. Niente. 

47 minutes ago, ckf said:

He is claiming that pic is fake because it doesn't show the stall number. From a photography perspective that's exactly how I would shoot the photo. You can't see the rope as well shooting in to the garage because it gets lost in the background of the garage.

Yeah, I don't know why I bother.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 11:27 AM, ckf said:

What's the difference between a noose and a rope tied to look like a noose?  Does it have to go around someone's neck before it is called a noose?

Come on! The fact that it's been there since last fall only confirms that someone was bored and tied a noose into the rope. There is nothing racist about that. That is the entire point.

39 minutes ago, s pump said:

Come on! The fact that it's been there since last fall only confirms that someone was bored and tied a noose into the rope. There is nothing racist about that. That is the entire point.

I have no idea if it was meant to be racist or not. Same goes for you unless you were there when it was done?

35 minutes ago, s pump said:

As a photographer, you should see those are 2 different garages.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

I have no idea if it was meant to be racist or not. Same goes for you unless you were there when it was done?

:lol:

Point was, its been there for months. Waiting for the lone black driver to be assigned that garage?  I used to try to make nooses as a kid. Was I racist?

13 minutes ago, s pump said:

Point was, its been there for months. Waiting for the lone black driver to be assigned that garage?  I used to try to make nooses as a kid. Was I racist?

Dude, I never claimed it was meant for Bubba. It was probably just a distasteful joke. My point all along is that it is a noose. 

I can say in my nearly 50 years on this planet that I have not made a noose. What's the purpose?

Just now, ckf said:

Dude, I never claimed it was meant for Bubba. It was probably just a distasteful joke. My point all along is that it is a noose. 

I can't say in my nearly 50 years on this planet that I have not made a noose. What's the purpose?

It's a type of rope knot. One of hundreds. It is used for tightening on an object and then loosened easily. People who own boats practice making nooses to tie off fenders for instance.

1 minute ago, s pump said:

It's a type of rope knot. One of hundreds. It is used for tightening on an object and then loosened easily. People who own boats practice making nooses to tie off fenders for instance.

I've been around boats my entire life and have never used as noose.  If you have a use for the knot, great.  If you were to tie a handle in a garage door pull would you use a noose?

15 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've been around boats my entire life and have never used as noose.  If you have a use for the knot, great.  If you were to tie a handle in a garage door pull would you use a noose?

No, probably a closed loop. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ckf said:

Now the simple act of tying a noose...... :whacko:

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Why not?

How often do you use one?  I think we can all agree that it is not a common knot. It also isn't the most practical knot for a garage door pull. Why would you want it to tighten if it were to meet resistance?

Just now, ckf said:

How often do you use one?  I think we can all agree that it is not a common knot. It also isn't the most practical knot for a garage door pull. Why would you want it to tighten if it were to meet resistance?

So ban the fucking knot. Kneel to the knot.

You fucking people are ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Snake said:

So ban the fucking knot. Kneel to the knot.

You fucking people are ridiculous.

Did I say that? All I said is that it was probably a distasteful joke.

WTF?

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Did I say that? All I said is that it was probably a distasteful joke.

WTF?

Every one is trying to tie a motive to a situation.

"Why tie it?"

"It's not practical."

So what?  So fuckin' what?

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Every one is trying to tie a motive to a situation.

"Why tie it?"

"It's not practical."

So what?  So fuckin' what?

That wasn't my original point. Some here were saying that it wasn't a noose when it clearly was. I got dragged in to discussing the rest. I agree that there isn't any point in trying to tie it to anything. Like I said in an earlier post, none of us know why it was tied the way it was.

On 6/26/2020 at 11:27 AM, NaturallyAspirated said:

It also appears that there were no other noose ties used for pulls there.

It's pretty clear this was tied as a door pull with the novel racist implications attached, but not specifically intended for Bubba.  

That Bubba's team was assigned the stall amplified the poor taste and choice of that tie as a door pull.  

Personally I don't see it as any kind of amusing novelty or action.  It's not necessary, and was clearly intended to have the history and meaning of a noose attributed to it.  It's petty and embarrassing.  Let's move on and put out the message that other door pull knots should be used, if at all.

Neal

Neal

• Like 1

8 hours ago, s pump said:

A slip knot isn't a noose